In 1890, the University of Greenwich was founded at Woolwich Polytechnic, and in 1892, it was recognized with its first CGLI certificate. In 1992, the institution was given university status, and its name was changed to the University of Greenwich. The university has established itself as one of the world’s top academic institutions providing quality education over the years. It has received accreditation and recognition from a number of notable organizations, like CIPD, APS, and AMBA. It is situated on the banks of the River Thames, Avery Hill’s green spaces, and the Historic Chatham Maritime in Kent. The University of Greenwich is well-known for its excellent teaching, research, student diversity, beautiful, historic campuses, and high student satisfaction. The University of Greenwich admissions take place in January and September intakes. Let’s learn more about the University of Greenwich admissions, eligibility criteria, and much more in this blog!
|Year of Establishment||1890|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Courses||Graduate and Postgraduate|
This Blog Includes:
- The University of Greenwich Rankings 2023
- Why the University of Greenwich?
- Courses offered at the University of Greenwich
- How to apply at the University of Greenwich?
- Documents Required
- English Proficiency Test Requirements
- Application Fees for Admission
- Application Dates and Deadlines
- Cost of Studying at the University of Greenwich
- Scholarships offered by the University of Greenwich
The University of Greenwich Rankings 2023
|QS World University Rankings||801-1000|
|THE World University Rankings||501-600|
|US News – Best Global Universities||#1203|
|US News – Best Global Universities in the United Kingdom||#451|
Why the University of Greenwich?
One of the main reasons students choose the University of Greenwich is its location, which combines the ‘big city’ attractions of London with the countryside charms of Kent. To help students get global exposure, the institution has a number of connections with both local and international colleges. It strives to develop engagement with international partners for educational projects such as study abroad programs, Erasmus, and exchange programs through the Global Greenwich program. Landscape Architecture, Employment Relations, Fire Safety, Natural Resources, Public Services, Health and Safety, and other sectors have all benefited from the research work of the University. The university provides an inclusive and supportive community.
Courses offered at the University of Greenwich
Architecture, Business, Computing, Mathematics, Engineering, Humanities, and Social Sciences are just a few of the major subjects of study that the university provides at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Business and Management
- Computer science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Accounting and Finance
- Management and Human Resources
- Film and media
- Mechanical Engineering
- Social Work
- Marketing and Advertising
How to apply at the University of Greenwich?
- You can apply online, through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS), by contacting one of the in-country representatives or directly from the online application form.
- The International Office will evaluate your suitability for the course after receiving your application, taking into account your educational history, academic and language qualifications, any business experience, references, and your statement of purpose.
- Academic transcripts
- Copy of Passport
- Minimum of 2.8 on a 4.00 GPA scale
- English proficiency test– IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill
- Supplement essays
- Financial documents
- CV with two references
- A detailed research proposal
- 4 years of Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55%
English Proficiency Test Requirements
To demonstrate English proficiency, international applicants and non-native English speakers must submit IELTS results. TOEFL or PTE scores are also accepted by the university. The acceptable minimum score for IELTS is 6.0 with a minimum score of 5.5 in each band.
Register for Leverage Live and start your preparation!
Application Fees for Admission
The University of Greenwich doesn’t charge application fees for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.
Application Dates and Deadlines
Although there are no set deadlines for submitting applications to the university, you should apply as soon as feasible. A number of the competitive courses may close early if they reach capacity, so apply early to ensure you have enough time to apply for your visa, if necessary. Closer to the September intake, specific country dates for giving offers, releasing the CAS, and registration will be confirmed. However, the University has January and September intakes.
NOTE: The Admissions for the University of Greenwich for 2023 are closed.
Cost of Studying at the University of Greenwich
|Average Tuition fee for Undergraduate students||15-19 LPA|
|Average Tuition fee for Postgraduate students||15-19 LPA|
Scholarships offered by the University of Greenwich
International students can apply for bursaries and scholarships at the University of Greenwich. Leverage Finance can also help you with all the financing and expenses.
- Alumni postgraduate award
- Commuter Bursary
- Care Leaver Bursary
- David Fussey Choral Exhibition Bursary
- Great Skills Scholarship
- Greenwich Postgraduate Scholarship
- International Scholarships Award
- John McWilliam Bursary
- Online Access Fund
- The Ann Packer Sports Scholarship
- The Greenwich Bursary
- William Hills Scholarship
Ans. The acceptance rate of the University of Greenwich is 64%.
Ans. You can apply online via their online website portal or through an in-country representative.
Ans. The Center for World University Rankings has placed the University of Greenwich in the top 8% of universities worldwide.
Ans. Yes, you must have a valid English language qualification in addition to the academic qualifications required for your study to enrol at the University of Greenwich. IELTS overall 6.0 with 5.5 in each skill. Register for Leverage Live and start your preparation for your English Proficiency tests!
Planning to study at the University of Greenwich? Book our free demo at Leverage Edu and get your admissions sorted!