Behind every successful advertising campaign is a team of professionals who write, create and deliver advertisements. Over the years, the growth of businesses and the emergence of new start-ups have given rise to the tough competition in the market. To stand out in the crowd, companies rely on creative advertisements to build their brand image and retain their customer base. The advertising industry has become one of the most lucrative industries with small as well as premium brands depending on it. For Communication and Marketing aspirants, the sector offers promising career choices. Whether taught in media or business schools, Advertising courses are becoming popular for those wishing to pursue a career in Advertising Media!
This Blog Includes:
About Advertising Courses
Advertising uses strategic communication techniques to influence the buying preferences of the masses. The core motive of advertising is to sell a product or a service. During the course, students are taught about various principles of advertising and are given hands-on training to organize and manage various campaigns. Blending creative fields like Design and Art with Statistics and Psychology, Advertising Courses equip you with skills like Graphic Designing, Digital Marketing and Copywriting besides helping you understand the consumer behaviour and advertising research. The interdisciplinary subject covers a range of subjects and lets you choose a specific field to focus on.
The eligibility criteria may vary for different universities and it greatly depends on the level of course. It is advisable to go through the university website for detailed information on admission requirements before you proceed with your application. The standard eligibility criteria to study postgraduate Advertising courses at the top universities abroad include:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- A valid GRE score, if you planning to pursue postgraduation courses.
- Since the medium of instruction is English, you need to take language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL or PTE.
- Apart from fulfilling the eligibility criteria, you will also be required to submit a statement of purpose (SOP), letter of recommendations (LOR), updated CV/Resume, university transcripts, etc
Top Advertising Courses Abroad
Over the years, Advertising and Public Relations has seen many takers. The rising demand for professionals in the field has led to universities all over the world offer specialized courses in the subject. Ideally, it is taught as the subset of Mass Communications but some universities offer it as a specialization degree like Masters in Advertising under the Marketing and Business domain. Given below are some Advertising courses you can consider:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
|MA Advertising||21 Months||University of Texas at Austin||USA|
|Master of Science in Advertising||36 Credit Hours||University of Illinois At Urbana Champaign||USA|
|MS in Advertising||40 Credit Hours||Boston University||USA|
|Master of Public Relations and Advertising||1.7 Years||University of New South Wales – UNSW||Australia|
|Graduate Certificate in Business (Strategic Advertising)||6 Months||Queensland University of Technology||Australia|
|Global Advertising and Branding||1 Year||University of Southampton||UK|
|MA in Advertising, Marketing, and Media||1 Year||University of Essex||UK|
|MA in Media and Advertising||1 Year||University of Leicester||UK|
|Graduate Certificate in Advertising||1 Year||Centennial College||Canada|
|Graduate Certificate in Advertising||1 Year||Sheridan College (Ontario)||Canada|
|MA in Strategic Advertising and Marketing Communications||1 Year||University of Greenwich||UK|
|MSc in Advertising||1 Year||Dublin Institute of Technology||Ireland|
|MSc in Advertising||1 Year||The Chinese University of Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
Top Universities for Advertising Courses Abroad
To meet the academic as well as professional needs in the domain of Advertising, the universities are in a tough competition to offer intensive courses. Educational institutes abroad have a global infrastructure that prepares the students for various job roles. Further, the multicultural environment and abundance of resources make them a suitable place for research! Some of the best universities that offer the best Advertising courses in the world are listed below.
- De Montfort University
- Northwestern University in Evanston
- University of Pennsylvania
- New York University
- Colorado State University
- Coventry University
- Webster University
- Boston University
- Drake University
- Michigan State University
- The University of Miami
Top Colleges for Advertising Courses in India
Are you looking for advertising courses offered in India? Here is a list of the best colleges you should be aiming for:
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- IIS University, Jaipur
- Entrepreneurship and Management Processes International, New Delhi
- Lucknow University – University of Lucknow
- ISME School of Management and Entrepreneurship, Mumbai
- Patna Women’s College, Patna
- Amity University, Gwalior
The application process remains the same for all the intakes. Here is an overview of the step-by-step application process for a list of universities offering advertising courses abroad:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements.
- Click on the application form of the respective university.
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification.
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth).
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking.
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities.
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
- Postgraduate applicants have to submit a translation of the degree certificate in case the degree certificate is in another language other than English.
Job Profiles & Salary
We have elaborated upon the major job opportunities in the field which you must know to avail the immense career scope in Advertising with salary structure from PayScale:
Choosing one among the range of advertising courses from various universities is a challenging task. High competition and selective admission process makes the process more taxing. But don’t worry, our experts at Leverage Edu will ensure your hasslefree entry to the university of your choice. To begin your journey, book your 30-minutes FREE counselling session with us now!