The University of Waterloo is a public research university that was established in 1957. Waterloo was one of the first colleges in the world to provide undergraduate students with access to cutting-edge computers in the early 1960s. More than 100 undergraduate degrees and 190 graduate programs are available at Waterloo. The University, which is located in the heart of Canada’s technology sector, provides a fantastic opportunity for graduates to further their work-based learning. Let’s learn everything there is to know about the University of Waterloo Master’s program, including how to apply and more!
|Type of University||Public|
|Location||Waterloo, Ontario, Canada|
This Blog Includes:
- About University of Waterloo
- University of Waterloo Rankings
- Top Masters Courses Offered at University of Waterloo
- University of Waterloo Masters Admissions Requirement
- University of Waterloo Admission Process
- Cost of Studying Masters at University of Waterloo
- University of Waterloo Scholarships
About University of Waterloo
The University of Waterloo is a public research university that was established in 1957. Waterloo was one of the first colleges in the world to provide undergraduate students with access to cutting-edge computers in the early 1960s. More than 100 undergraduate degrees and 190 graduate programs are available at Waterloo. In addition, the University’s academic programs are administered by six faculties and twelve faculty-based schools. In the QS World University Rankings 2021 and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021, Waterloo is ranked among the top 175 universities in the world. We also have Donna Strickland, a professor of physics and astronomy who won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2018. (only the third woman in history to do so). Waterloo alumni and former students may be found all around Canada and in over 150 countries, and the institution has produced a number of award winners, government officials, and business executives. The Waterloo Warriors, the university’s varsity teams, participate in the Ontario University Athletics conference of the U Sports.
University of Waterloo Rankings
Let’s take a peek at some of the University of Waterloo’s remarkable rankings before learning more about top masters courses:
|QS Top University Rankings||#166||2022|
|Maclean’s University Rankings||#2||2022|
|Times Higher Education Rankings||#201–250||2022|
Top Masters Courses Offered at University of Waterloo
The University of Waterloo offers over 190 master’s degrees, and we’ve produced a list of the best master’s courses available.
|Programs||Fees Per Annum(CAD)||Fees Per Annum(INR)|
|M.ASc Chemical Engineering||11,461||6,74,872|
|M.Eng Civil Engineering||20,909||12,31,210|
|Master of Taxation||8,580||5,05,226|
|Master of Architecture||17,708||10,42,722|
|Master of Management Sciences||17,350||10,21,641|
|M.ASc Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering||11,461||6,74,872|
|Master of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence||37,371||22,00,563|
University of Waterloo Masters Admissions Requirement
Let’s have a look at the admissions standards for students who want to attend the University of Waterloo in 2022. The University of Waterloo’s entrance requirements vary depending on the programs offered; nonetheless, the following are the essential requirements for studying at the University of Waterloo:
- The Master’s program requires a four-year bachelor’s degree (or equivalent as recognized by the university of waterloo)
- Students who have achieved a bachelor’s degree or its academic equivalent from a university of waterloo-accredited institution where English is the medium of instruction must meet the university of waterloo’s admission requirements. Standard of English language proficiency
Also Read: Masters in Canada
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Canada Student Visa
- Updated CV/Resume
- Portfolio (if asked or required)
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- GMAT/GRE scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
English Language Requirements
Students should familiarize themselves with the university calendar and apply for admission intelligently because the scorecard for these tests is valid for two years.
University of Waterloo Admission Process
In a few simple steps, you can apply for admission:
- Create an OUAC account to apply online.
- Choose a show that you want to watch (for every program after 3 choices, an additional fee of 36 CAD is charged).
- Submit the completed application, as well as a 117 CAD application cost and an 8 CAD international student fee.
- Keep an eye on your personal email inbox d’s for application status updates.
Cost of Studying Masters at University of Waterloo
The cost of attending the University of Waterloo varies by program. The table below shows the average tuition at the University of Waterloo for master’s degrees.
|Type of program||Tuition Fees(CAD)||Tuition Fees(INR)|
|Masters||37,371 – 45,100||22,00,563 – 26,55,679|
Also Read: Study in Canada
Cost of Living
The cost of attending the University of Waterloo includes tuition, as well as food, accommodation, and other living expenses. The following are some of the costs that may be incurred while attending the University of Waterloo.
|Type of Expenditure||Cost (CAD)||Cost (INR)|
|Accommodation||2,400 – 3,200||1,41,322 – 1,88,429|
|Books and Supplies||500 – 1,000||29,442 – 58,884|
|Other personal expenses||1,540||90,681|
University of Waterloo Scholarships
A variety of scholarships are available to international students studying for bachelor’s or master’s degrees at the University of Waterloo. The following are some of the most well-known international student scholarships:
|Name of Scholarship||Amount (CAD)||Amount (INR)|
|International Student Entrance Scholarships||10,000||5,88,842|
We hope that this blog has given you all of the information you need about the University of Waterloo Masters. Are you planning to study in Canada but not sure where to start? Contact our Leverage Edu experts for end-to-end assistance from application to the visa process. Call us at 1800572000 to book your FREE 30-minutes counseling session today!