#YouAreWelcomeHere is a social media initiative which provides scholarships to international students planning to study in USA. The motive of this scholarship campaign is to acknowledge that US universities are diverse, accessible, secure, and dedicated to the growth of students. The concept is expressed by more than 400 participating institutes around in USA in statements, images, animations, activities, and other artistic expressions featuring students, faculty and staff. For the first time in 2019, more than 50 universities offered youarewelcomehere scholarship to make it easier for increasingly high-achieving students to study in the U.S.
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based Scholarship|
|Annual No. of Scholarships||NA|
|Scholarship Website Link||https://www.youarewelcomehereusa.org/|
|Benefits||Fully Funded Benefits with Tuition Expenses. Participating universities and colleges will also provide two annual, renewable grants that cover a sum of fifty percent of tuition to eligible international undergraduates devoted to the promotion of the #YouAreWelcomeHere campaign.|
|Study-Level||Bachelor’s Degree in any field or major in the participating universities.|
This Blog Includes:
- Dhwani Nilesh Rayathatha Studies Computer Science at @UMBC
- About #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria for the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship
- Application Process
- Vibhan Mudoi Studies Biomedical Engineering at @miamiuniversity
- University/College Representative Guidelines for the Scholarships
- Scholarship Selection Process
- Scholarship Timeline
- Why Study in USA?
Dhwani Nilesh Rayathatha Studies Computer Science at @UMBC
About #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship
A welcome message from US educational institutions to international students all over the world is #YouAreWelcomeHere. Here are the key highlights of the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship :
- Scholarships shall offer at least 50 per cent of the reported annual (out-of-state) scholarship prices (excluding fees).
- The scholarships would be renewable for the length of the graduate program (average of 2 years for an associate degree or a total of four years for a bachelor’s degree) such that the recipient has achieved sufficient academic performance; as assessed by the university.
Must Read: Admission Process to Study in USA
Eligibility Criteria for the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship
- Candidate must be an international first-year candidate to either major in a contributing institution or university to apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship. An international candidate is a person who holds citizenship in a nation outside the United States or who doesn’t have American citizenship or permanent residence.
- The Candidate must show leadership and intercultural learning engagement and effort.
- Aspiring applicants must apply a proposal for a #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship to each particular institution by the organization’s deadlines.
- Please complete a 500-1000-word essay or two-to-five-minute video* answering the following prompt.
- “Tell us about your leadership skills in your school or group, and how do you expect to continue adapting your leadership skills to the school you apply to? ”
- (*Some of the participating colleges and universities can only consider essays for the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship. Consult with individual schools for details).
Must Read: Scholarships to Study in USA for Indian Students
1. Apply for admission to participating colleges/universities of your choosing. Please notice that the admissions process ranges from college to institution. Please contact your preferred college/university for more information regarding the Youarewelcomehere scholarship.
2. Send a one-page application #YouAreWelcomeHere to your preferred universities by the deadlines of your university.
Vibhan Mudoi Studies Biomedical Engineering at @miamiuniversity
University/College Representative Guidelines for the Scholarships
- Commit to two Youarewelcomehere scholarships for 2023 intakes.
- Select candidates who follow the standards set out in the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship scheme.
- Share related information, including the applications submitted, student data, scholarship rewards, etc. about scholarship candidates and NAFSA recipients (in accordance with GDPR and other applicable laws).
- Pay heed to the application for a scholarship and marketing schedule.
- Promote the #YouAreWelcomeHere initiative and award beneficiaries using the campaign hashtag.
Scholarship Selection Process
Based on the listed criteria, the participating universities assess each scholarship application and choose the awardees. The following are a few of the selection criteria:
- Academic achievements
- Leadership skills
- Written essay
From university to university, different factors are given different weights. While some institutions prioritise academics above leadership qualities, others just pay attention to written essays.
Therefore, candidates should clarify the selection requirements with the applying institution as some institutions only accept Word-formatted essays and do not allow videos as an answer to the challenge.
- Colleges and institutions should sign up with NAFSA by January 1, 2023, to confirm their participation in the scholarship campaign for the 2023–2024 academic year.
- Institution Deadlines (typically in Spring or Summer 2023) – Students should submit a #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship application for each institution they have chosen by the deadline specified by the institution, along with an essay or multimedia presentation outlining how they will use their leadership skills to benefit the campus community.
- Colleges and institutions must submit this form before August 1, 2023, to inform NAFSA of the winners of their institution’s scholarships. Direct communications with participating universities will provide more information.
Why Study in USA?
Hence, we hope that this blog provided you with all the information regarding the Youarewelcomehere scholarship! Want to study in the USA? Leverage Edu experts are here to help you select the best program and university as per your interests and we’ll further guide you throughout the admission process as well! Sign up for a free session today!