#YouAreWelcomeHere is a social media initiative which provides scholarships to international students planning to study in USA. The motive of this scholarship campaign is to acknowledge that US universities are diverse, accessible, secure, and dedicated to the growth of the students. The concept is expressed by more than 400 participating institutes around in USA in statements, images, animations, activities, and other artistic expressions featuring students, faculty and staff. For the first time in 2019, more than 50 universities offered #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarships to make it easier for increasingly high-achieving students to study in the U.S.
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based Scholarship|
|Annual No. of Scholarships||NA|
|Scholarship Website Link||https://www.youarewelcomehereusa.org/|
|Academic Year||Fall 2021|
|Benefits||Fully Funded Benefits with Tuition Expenses.Participating universities and colleges will also provide two annual, renewable grants that cover a sum of fifty percent of tuition to eligible international undergraduates devoted to the promotion of the #YouAreWelcomeHere campaign.|
|Study-Level||Bachelor’s Degree in any field or major in the participating universities.|
This Blog Includes:
- Dhwani Nilesh Rayathatha Studies Computer Science at @UMBC
- About #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship 2021
- Eligibility Criteria for the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship
- Application Process
- Vibhan Mudoi Studies Biomedical Engineering at @miamiuniversity
- University/College Representative Guidelines for the Scholarships
- Why Study in USA?
Dhwani Nilesh Rayathatha Studies Computer Science at @UMBC
About #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship 2021
A welcome message from US educational institutions to international students all over the world is #YouAreWelcomeHere. Here are the key highlights of #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship 2021:
- Scholarships shall offer at least 50 per cent of the reported annual (out-of-state) scholarship prices (excluding fees).
- The scholarships would be renewable for the length of the graduate program (average of 2 years for an associate degree or total of four years for a bachelor’s degree) such that the recipient has achieved sufficient academic performance; as assessed by the university.
Must Read: Admission Process to Study in USA
Eligibility Criteria for the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship
- Candidate must be an international first-year candidate to either major to a contributing institution or university to apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship. An international candidate is a person who holds citizenship in a nation outside the United States or who doesn’t not have American citizenship or permanent residence.
- The Candidate must show leadership and intercultural learning engagement and effort.
- Aspiring applicants must apply a proposal for a #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship to each particular institution by the organization’s deadlines.
- Please complete a 500-1000-word essay or two-to-five-minute video* answering the following prompt.
- “Tell us about your leadership skills in your school or group, and how do you expect to continue adapting your leadership skills to the school you apply to? ”
- (*Some of the participating colleges and universities can only consider essays for the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship. Consult with individual schools for details).
1. Apply for admission to participating colleges/universities of your choosing. Please notice that the admissions process ranges from college to institution. Please contact your preferred college/university for more information regarding the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship.
2. Send a one-page application #YouAreWelcomeHere to your preferred universities by the deadlines of your university.
Vibhan Mudoi Studies Biomedical Engineering at @miamiuniversity
University/College Representative Guidelines for the Scholarships
- Commit to two #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarships for Fall 2021.
- Select candidates who follow the standards set out in the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship scheme.
- Share related information, including the applications submitted, student data, scholarship rewards, etc. about scholarship candidates and NAFSA recipients (in accordance with GDPR and other applicable laws).
- Pay heed to the application for a scholarship and marketing schedule.
- Promote the #YouAreWelcomeHere initiative and award beneficiaries using the campaign hashtag.
Why Study in USA?
Hence, we hope that this blog provided you with all the information regarding #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships! Want to study in the USA? Leverage Edu experts are here to help you select the best program and university as per your interests and we’ll further guide you throughout the admission process as well! Sign up for a free session today!