The University of Groningen is a leading public research university in the city of Groningen, Netherlands. This university provides a lot of scholarship and funding opportunities to talented international students from developing countries. One such scholarship program is the Eric Bleumink scholarship which is a fully-funded scholarship financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. International students who are planning to pursue postgraduate courses from the Netherlands are eligible for this scholarship. Let’s explore everything you need to know about the Eric Bleumink scholarship with the application process, eligibility criteria and more!
|Name of the Scholarship||Eric Bleumink Scholarship|
|Offered by||University of Groningen|
|Applicable on||Master’s degree (1 to 2 years)|
|Countries||All developing countries|
|Number of Awards||Limited|
|Nominations Announced||February 2023|
This Blog Includes:
About the Eric Bleumink Scholarship
The Eric Bleumink scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship offered to students who have been accepted to the 1-year or 2-year master’s programs at the University of Groningen. It is offered by the University of Groningen to support international students who do not have any other sources of financing their study abroad dream. Students from the below list of countries can apply for the Eric Bleumink scholarship:
|Afghanistan||Guinea-Bissau||Sao Tome and Principe||Ghana|
|Faso||Liberia||Sudan||Korea (Dem Rep)|
|Burundi||Madagascar||Congo (Dem Rep)||Kyrgyzstan|
|Chad||Mali||Central African Republic||Mongolia|
Important Scholarship Dates
- You must submit your application for a full-time master’s program at the University of Groningen by the 1st of December to be eligible to be nominated for the Eric Bleumink scholarship
- In the February of 2023, the University of Groningen will announce which future international students have the nominated for the Eric Blumink Scholarship
Benefits of the Eric Bleumink Scholarship
The value of this scholarship offered to each student can be different depending upon their course. The number of awards announced under this scholarship is undecided yet limited. Under the Eric Bleumink scholarship, you will be awarded a fully-funded scholarship that will cover the following expenses for you:
- Tuition fee
- Cost of International Travel
- Subsistence (minimum cost of living)
- Health insurance
Also Read: Lester B Pearson Scholarship
Eligibility for Eric Bleumink Scholarship
Wondering if you are eligible for this scholarship? Here are all the eligibility requirements to be fulfilled by applicants:
- Have been offered a provisional or unconditional offer letter by the University of Groningen.
- Are enrolled in the coming semester for a master’s program (1-2 years) at the University of Groningen.
- Obtained high grades in your bachelor’s degree.
- Good score in IELTS/TOEFL.
- Will attend the entire master’s program.
- Have no other means of financing your study.
There is no application process for the student when it comes to this scholarship. You have to ensure that you submit your application for the master’s program by the 1st of December. The admission committee will review your application and send you an offer letter if your profile fits the university’s expectations. The university itself nominates the candidates for this scholarship instead of the student applying for it. If you are being nominated for the same, the University will let you know by February.
Terms and Conditions
The rules for the Eric Bleumink scholarship are simple and easy to follow. The University of Groningen believes that scholarships should release the student from financial stress and not add to it.
- You have to be enrolled in a 1-year or 2-year master’s program full-time.
- You must be available for the entire program and attend all lectures.
- You cannot use the fund for anything other than the expenses mentioned above like tuition fees, international travel, books, etc.
- You have to maintain good grades throughout your master’s program.
It is a fully-funded scholarship.
Students who have received a provisional or unconditional offer for one of the master’s programs at the University of Groningen can be nominated for this scholarship.
Your tuition fees, books, cost of international travel, subsistence and health insurance are covered.
There is no separate application form for this scholarship. The admissions committee at the University of Groningen nominates suitable candidates and notifies them. It is more of a merit-based scholarship.
Scholarship nominations will be announced mostly in February 2023.
Studying in the Netherlands is a great experience, especially on a fully-funded scholarship. Call Leverage Edu experts at 1800-572-000 to know about the scholarship provided by your dream university and more. Kickstart your study abroad journey today!