Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering students is a financial aid powered by the Tata Education and Development Trust to facilitate the higher education of students. Through this funding, the scholarship has ties with several universities across the globe, Cornell University is one of the prominent sponsors. Naval Tata is an industrialist, inventor, and founder of the Tata Group. With the aim of engaging in social work and developing resources for the country, he empathized with the underprivileged sections of the society despite his elite upbringing. Ratan Tata is one of the greatest Indian philanthropists with the oldest surviving scholarship organization working since 1919 to encourage budding researchers, engineers, and scholars in India. Let us help you with all the details about the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students 2020 and how it can fulfil your dreams of studying abroad.
This Blog Includes:
- Important Dates
- Courses Covered Under the Scholarship
- Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students 2020: Scholarship Amount Details
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process for Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
- Selection Process for Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students 2020
|Name||Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students|
|Offered By||Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students|
|Eligibility||Qualifiers of senior secondary levels|
|Awards||Financial aid covering the tuition fee|
|Deadline||31st December 2020|
|Number of Selected Students||20 Students|
Here are some of the important dates pertinent to Ratan Tata scholarship for engineering students-
|Spring Transfer Deadline||–|
|Early Decision||1st week of November|
|Regular Decision||1st week of January|
|Fall Transfer Deadline||Third week of March|
Courses Covered Under the Scholarship
The Ratan Tata Scholarship for engineering students is applicable for all the undergraduate courses offered by Cornell University. Moreover, the following Bachelor’s Degree courses are covered under this scholarship:
- Bachelor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor in Economics
Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students 2020: Scholarship Amount Details
The Tata Education and Development Trust has established a $25 million endowment allowing Cornell University to provide financial aid to 20 undergraduate scholars from India at any given time.
- The Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students is awarded annually to students for the specific duration of their undergraduate studies at Cornell University.
- Scholarship amount can only be used for tuition fee.
- The five-year program in Architecture requires 10 semesters of full-time enrollment, funding is provided up to 8 semesters only.
- In the case of additional semesters due to dual degrees or double majors, funding is not available.
You should thoroughly research before applying for a scholarship at a specific university or college to avoid any misconceptions or errors. To simplify your research, we are providing you with the list of eligibility criteria required to be fulfilled for an undergraduate scholarship:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have attended secondary school in India.
- The candidate must have offered admission to Cornell University, the USA as an undergraduate student.
- The candidate must have an excellent academic record.
- The candidate must be eligible for need-based financial aid.
Note: Preference will be given to the qualified students, who have been accepted to the College of Engineering; College of Architecture, Art and Planning; majors across colleges in the Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, other Hard Sciences and Social Sciences; and Applied Economics and Management major in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business.
Application Process for Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
Below are the series of steps you need to follow while applying for the Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students at Cornell University. It is recommended that you go through the guidelines and instructions carefully to avoid any mistakes during the application process:
- Complete your admission application for an undergraduate engineering program in order to apply for financial aid.
- You can apply for financial aid by completing the financial aid application process for international students at Cornell University.
- The following documentation process is required to apply for international financial aid:
- Complete the College Scholarship Service or CSS Profile.
- The Cornell’s CSS code is 2098.
- The Office of Financial Aid may request any additional information like study plans, academic record, funding and financial documents and a scholarship essay.
Note: A CSS Profile allows universities and colleges to see a clear picture of the candidate’s financial needs and the support required for making their education affordable.
Recommended Read: Top Scholarships for Indian Students to Study Abroad
Selection Process for Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students 2020
The selection process for Ratan Tata Scholarships is majorly based on the applications submitted by the candidate. Selection committees evaluate the application closely and shortlist the best from the lot. The next round is a telephonic interview with the candidate followed by an in-person or online personal interview with the subject matter expert.
We hope that this blog helped you in understanding the significance of Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students and its imperative role in providing financial aid to Indian students. If you are searching for the right scholarship that suits your chosen course and university, the experts at Leverage Edu can guide you in finding the best scholarship that can support your dreams of studying abroad.