The majority of international students choose medical schools in Nepal, and enrolling in an MBBS programme there is a fantastic opportunity for any student. It is a fantastic location to think about. If having the ability to be a truly exceptional specialist is something you desire, then an MBBS in Nepal is what you require. In this blog, we will discuss everything about MBBS in Nepal
This Blog Includes:
- MBBS in Nepal Highlights
- Intakes for MBBS in Nepal
- Study MBBS in Nepal
- MBBS in Nepal Syllabus
- MBBS in Nepal Eligibility
- MBBS in Nepal Admission Process
- MBBS in Nepal Fees in Indian Rupees
- Nepal MBBS College List
- NMC Approved Medical Universities in Nepal
- NEET Requirement for MBBS in Nepal
- Student VISA for Nepal MBBS
MBBS in Nepal Highlights
|Program duration||5.5 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks in PCB (in each subject) & NEET qualified|
|Total fees||48 Lakh to 75 Lakh for 5 years|
|Hostel fees||80k/year **|
|Entrance Exams||MECEE BL|
|Medical colleges affiliated by||Kathmandu University & Tribhuvan University|
|Medical colleges approved by||MCI & WHO|
|Last date to apply||18th Feb 2022 (For Entrance exam)|
Intakes for MBBS in Nepal
The following are the important details about the intakes for MBBS in Nepal:
- September marks the start of the MBBS session in Nepal.
- At least 60 days before the commencement of the MBBS course, the application process begins.
- Download the application form, then correctly complete it.
- Send the application form and the necessary paperwork.
- Pay the MBBS programme tuition.
- The college is currently processing your admissions application.
- Students will not be permitted to meet the necessary qualifying requirements.
Also Read: MD/MBBS Colleges in USA
Study MBBS in Nepal
The home of Mt. Everest, the highest peak in the world, Nepal presents itself as a good option for Indian students who wish to pursue an MBBS. There is a continuous rat race among Indian students for a few seats available in medical colleges in India. If you wish to avoid that hassle and find your way into a good medical college without paying any donations, then MBBS in Nepal is a great choice for you.
Why Choose Nepal?
Apart from the similarity in culture and style of living, there are numerous reasons to consider an MBBS in Nepal. Here we have listed some of the major reasons why MBBS in Nepal is a good option:
- Uncomplicated Documentation – The documentation process while applying to medical colleges in Nepal is fairly simple and a lot less complex when compared to the documentation process for universities in other countries across the world.
- Visa is not Required- The most advantageous factor of pursuing an MBBS in Nepal for Indian students is the fact that due to the amicable relationship between the two countries, there is no need for a visa to study or travel to and fro between the two countries.
- IELTS and TOEFL Certification Unrequired- While most universities in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc have mandated the requirement for IELTS and TOEFL to pursue any degree in their country, universities in Nepal have no such requirements. You can pursue an MBBS in Nepal without being stressed about appearing or obtaining a certification in English fluency.
- Higher Probability of Passing FMGE- Compared to countries like Russia, China, and Ukraine, those who complete their MBBS degree from Nepal have a greater possibility of clearing the MCI screening test with the pass percentage being 17.7%
- Affordability – Compared to colleges in other countries and the private colleges of India, Nepalese Medical colleges are much cheaper with the total tuition costs for the degree approximately being in the range of 46-60 lakhs.
MBBS in Nepal Syllabus
The following are the topics included in the syllabus of MBBS in Nepal. However, it may vary depending on the institutions:
|Basic Sciences||Community Medicine||Clinical Medicine|
|Anatomy Physiology Biochemistry Microbiology Pathology Pharmacology||Epidemiology Biostatistics Demography Health education Environmental health Nutrition Sociology Clinical Medicine||Community Medicine Forensic Medicine Ophthalmology Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) Medicine (including psychiatry and dermatology & venereal disease) Surgery (including orthopaedics anaesthesiology, radiology and dental) Obstetrics & Gynaecology Pediatrics|
MBBS in Nepal Eligibility
You must fulfil certain eligibility criteria to pursue MBBS in Nepal for Indian students. These include:
- The maximum age limit for MBBS in Nepal is 17 years of age or more (The maximum age eligibility is the same as that of NEET)
- You should have graduated with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and mandatory English in 12th standard from a recognized institution
- You should have scored 50% or more in your 12th grade.
- You should have qualified in the NEET-UG examinations
- You must possess a valid Indian passport
- You must also hold a valid Medical Council of India (MCI) certificate
As a student who is applying for MBBS in Nepal, you must be well-versed with the required documents for that country. The required documents for admittance to a Nepalese medical college are:
- Your birth certificate
- Proof of your nationality (This can be either the Aadhar card issued by the government or the nationality certificate)
- A passport-size photograph
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- NEET scores
- A valid Indian Passport
Also Read: MBBS in Canada
MBBS in Nepal Admission Process
The application process is a pretty straightforward and uncomplicated one in Nepal. There are no MBBS admission exams held in Nepal for foreign candidates. It is simple to apply for admission to medical schools that have MCI approval.
- Students can visit the official website and submit their applications directly to the relevant institutions or universities. Students must create a login ID after entering the website and filling out the application form.
- Fill out all forms carefully, attach a scanned copy of the necessary documentation, and make sure all the information is accurate and legitimate to avoid any type of disqualification. Documents should be double-checked before being submitted.
MBBS in Nepal Fees in Indian Rupees
In comparison to private Indian medical colleges, the MBBS price structure and cost in Nepali medical colleges are far more reasonable. The cost of attending a medical college in Nepal is from 40 to 60 lakhs (total for 5 years), but studying medicine in a private medical college in India costs between 80 and 90 lakhs. Another justification for the majority of Indian students to study medicine in Nepal is this.
Nepal MBBS College List
The following are some of the popular medical colleges in Nepal are-
- Nobel Medical College, University of Kathmandu
- Universal College of Medical Sciences, Tribhuvan University
- KIST Medical College, Tribhuvan University
- National Medical College, Tribhuvan University
- Devdaha Medical College, Kathmandu University
NMC Approved Medical Universities in Nepal
Some of the Nepalese Medical colleges have also been approved by the MCI under a supreme court ruling. These universities are- Tribhuvan University, Patan Academy of Health Sciences, B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences and Kathmandu University. Check out these other NMC-approved universities and their fee structure:
|Institution||Avg Tuition Fee|
|Nepalgunj Medical School||INR 60 Lakh|
|College of Medical Science Nepal||INR 58 Lakh|
|Manipal College of Medical Science||INR 75 Lakh|
|Kathmandu Medical College||INR 54 Lakh|
|Nobel Medical College||INR 56 Lakh|
|Nepal Medical College||INR 52 Lakh|
|Lumbini Medical College||INR 53 Lakh|
|Birat Medical College||INR 53 Lakh|
|National Medical College||INR 62.5 Lakh|
|Chitwan Medical College||INR 52 Lakh|
NEET Requirement for MBBS in Nepal
The following are the NEET requirements for MBBS in Nepal:
- All medical students who did not perform well on the NEET exam may apply for admission in Nepal.
- Medical students have the option of studying MBBS in Nepal since the programme is affordable.
- Medical aspirants should select an education consultant that provides top-notch amenities and services.
- English-medium medical education is offered by medical colleges in Nepal, which is a fantastic opportunity for Indian students since it makes the topics simpler to understand.
- Medical students need to be on the lookout for any fraudsters who can take advantage of them financially and provide them with false information.
Also Read: MBBS in India
Student VISA for Nepal MBBS
Important papers needed to obtain a student visa Indian medical students may enter and remain in Nepal without a VISA permit.
- They must, however, have a current passport.
- You must bring these with you or, if necessary, any other acceptable photo identification.
- The application form must be downloaded and carefully filled out by students
- The institution will subsequently send the pupils an admissions letter
- University letter of admission
- The results of the health exams should be carried out as well.
Studying in Nepal does not require international students to give IELTS exam. The Medical courses are cheaper than those offered in Indian universities. The medical degree from Nepal universities is globally recognized. Thus, studying MBBS in Nepal can be considered a good decision for quality and affordable Education.
Most of the medical Universities in Nepal are approved by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organisation. This adds an added advantage to pursuing MBBS from Nepal since it allows Indian students to practice medicine even in India.
No. Naples Immigration is quite liberal. Indian students can enter Nepal with their passports and valid identity proof.
Candidates who wish to pursue medical courses in Nepal are required to score 50% marks individually in every subject in their 12th standard. Candidates are also required to submit an eligibility certificate issued by the Medical Council of India.
Most medical universities in Nepal have placement programs after the end of the 5th year. Eligible students are provided with placements with prestigious medical institutions and hospitals.
We understand that the admission process can be extremely tough and confusing for courses like MBBS. You do not have to make it more stressful by being uncertain about what opportunities to grab and what to let go of. With the help of counsellors and mentors at Leverage Edu, you can make smart choices about your future and successfully apply for MBBS in Nepal.