Is it possible to study MBBS abroad without clearing the NEET? The answer is yes, it is possible. However, there are some alternative arrangements which we shall look forward to in this article. This is a one-time exemption given to students due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In this blog, we shall give you all the information you should know regarding MBBS without NEET in abroad. So, if you wish to study MBBS without NEET in abroad, then we suggest you read this blog till the very end as we got you covered with things like what is NEET, MBBS without NEET, universities accepting students without NEET, etc.
This Blog Includes:
What is NEET?
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the qualifying or entrance test for students who want to pursue MBBS and BDS programs in Indian Medical or Dental colleges. NEET was formerly known as All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) and is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), Which is an autonomous body. Before NTA the test was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The NEET examination is conducted in 10 languages: English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Urdu, Telugu, and Kannada. The duration of the examination is three hours with 180 questions. The question paper is divided into three sections- Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology). Know more about How to Prepare for NEET here!
MBBS without NEET
Amidst the pandemic, the Medical Council of India (MCI) decided to give the students a one-time relaxation for NEET regarding their MBBS courses abroad. However, it has been made clear that the candidates will have to apply for the examination the next succeeding year.
Nowadays, countries like Ukraine, the USA, the Philippines, and Russia offer MBBS without NEET. The name of the colleges and universities are mentioned below:-
|Name of the University||Location|
|Russian Technological University||Russia|
|National University of Science and Technology MISIS||Russia|
|Northern State Medical University||Russia|
|China Three Gorges University||China|
|Anhui Medical University||China|
|Capital Medical University||China|
|Chongqing Medical University||China|
|AMA School of Medicine||Philippines|
|University of Perpetual Help||Philippines|
|Angeles University Foundation||Philippines|
|Charles University||Czech Republic|
|University of Zagreb||Czech Republic|
|Palacky University||Czech Republic|
|Lincoln American University||Guyana|
|Georgetown American University||Guyana|
Countries that Offer MBBS without NEET
MBBS Without NEET in Abroad: Eligibility and Other Requirements
Although you’re exempted from the NEET examination, there are certain criteria that you should satisfy to study abroad:-
- The minimum age limit of the student shall be 17 as of December 31 of the year the student is applying. However, there is no maximum limit for MBBS.
- The candidates must have completed their Senior Secondary examination from a recognized board.
- The students must carry a minimum average of 50% on Biology, Physics, and Chemistry and must have English as a compulsory subject during their 10+2 years.
- The candidate would also be required to submit an “Eligibility Certificate” issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) at the time of their admission to any foreign universities.
- The students are also required to submit a medical certificate at the time of their admission, stating that they are not affected or suffering from any contagious disease.
- Apart from other certifications, candidates wanting to study Medical Science abroad must appear for an English proficiency test to prove their knowledge of the language. Depending on the college or university requirements, students may apply for TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or OET.
Admission Procedure for Studying MBBS abroad
After satisfying all the eligibility criteria, the candidates can proceed further with their application process. Candidates are required to choose their desired University or college in which they want to pursue their further studies, and fill up the application form online with relevant data and requisite fees. There is a set of documents that the applicant has to upload. This includes:-
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets
- School Leaving & School Migration Certificate
- Eligibility certificate by MCI
- Personal Financial Statements
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Resume (CV)
- Passport (if already exists)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Language Proficiency Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Medical Certificate
After the successful submission of documents and payment of requisite fees, the admission council of the respective university shall study the candidate’s application form thoroughly, and if all the criteria are met, the students shall receive an admission letter from the University.
After that Students are advised to apply for the student’s VISA along with other documents like a passport (if not made already) along with the admission letter of acceptance from the University.
After the exemption from NEET, the candidates should clear their 10+2 examination with an aggregate of 50% in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry and should have English as their compulsory subject. Also, candidates are required to submit their TOEFL or IELTS or PET or OET points which vary from college to college.
Candidates who have done their MBBS degree from abroad, and desire to practice in India have to appear for the Medical Council of India (MCI) certified Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) to practice.
The best countries to study MBBS would be Bangladesh, Nepal, China, Ukraine, Russia. However, not all countries are relaxed from the NEET examination.
Countries that provide an opportunity to students to study MBBS abroad without clearing NEET are:
Apart from the exemption, the best Universities to study MBBS are Harvard University (USA), University of Oxford (UK), University of Cambridge (UK) and Stanford University (USA), and many others.
So that’s all regarding studying MBBS without NEET abroad. Are you the one planning to study abroad? Aspiring to pursue MBBS? Then you are at the right place to be. Kickstart your dream of studying abroad with Leverage Edu. Book your free consultation with us today and connect with our Leverage Edu experts that are always ready to help you with anything and everything. You can connect with us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, and YouTube & also subscribe to our newsletter.