The first thing that makes France remarkable is its Eiffel Tower. Right? But do you know what’s the second best thing? No? Let us tell you that France has its own prestige when it comes to cultural value and the government’s effort in leveling up the students worldwide. You know what? If you study in France, you will experience fun and education both taking place at the same time because tourist destinations are situated nearby the study destinations.
France is a glamorous beauty along with an extensive history of higher education. Geographically, it holds a diversified area from the North Sea to the Mediterranean and the English Channel. Whatever you have ever wished to see in foreign countries will be encountered here as an all-in-one offering because it’s one of the major hubs of literature, fashion, business, culture, cuisine, and science.
Why Study in France?
1. Authoritarian Education: France’s higher education system is considered as one of the best education systems in the world. All of this has happened because of the government’s effort to make it better. All the 71 public universities of France are funded by the government. Moreover, if you are into business-related subjects then it can give you the satisfaction beyond expectation because France is a pivot for international business and management education and owns a lot of business schools in the worldwide rankings.
2. Comparatively Cheap Study Abroad Destination: When you will study in France, you will realise France’s education is quite reasonable because:
a. Living costs are inexpensive because the French government subsidizes the cost for international students.
b. Tuitions are relatively cheaper as compared to other countries like the US.
c. There are paid internship programs for international students.
d. Low transportation costs.
e. The scholarship is available for international students.
3. Multicultural Society: Once you start to study in France, you will find a lot of major nationalities mixed up in the same geographical boundary. Anyway, it will boost your knowledge as you can learn from those people who belong to different parts of the world. In addition to this, you can also network with people who may serve you better in the future.
4. Post Study Visa: Once you finish your studies in France, you will get a post-study visitor visa of 5 years for masters and Ph.D. So you can stick there in case you shift back to your home country or somewhere else.
5. Jobs: You will find plenty of post-study jobs after you study in France. Wait! That means you can work while doing your masters or Ph.D.
6. Have Fun at Tourist Attractions: Without fun, studies can never be accomplished. You can visit many demonstrations in France like the Eiffel Tower, Chateau de Versailles, Mont Saint Michel, The Cote d’Azure, The Louvre, and the Mont Blanc (Western Europe’s largest mountain) when you study in France.
What Does the Life Look Like When You Study in France?
Students in France are able to enjoy the culture of the nation in their daily chores. See why:
• Have a Menu of Wonderful Things: When you will study in France, you won’t have even a single dull day. It doesn’t matter whether you are studying in school or hanging outside to experience the wonders of the country.
• Museums: Museums are there to educate you about everything related to science, history and modern art and add to your experience when you study in France. Entry at many of these places is absolutely free.
• Cinemas: There are more than 2,000 cinemas that include concerts, shows, and various kind of special shows.
• Sports Facilities: Students who are interested in sports can also enjoy the benefit of sports facilities when they study in France. In most cases, you will have to pay a small fee to play. Sports events are organized to be attended by colleges and universities. Furthermore, you will find a wide range of sports like baseball, rugby, cricket, football, basketball, etc.
• Free Internet: So many universities out there offer free help of wireless internet access at no cost. However, You can also find many internet access points in public places.
• Flexible Schedules: When it comes to attending classes, students get a schedule that is flexible to their needs. Even you can yourself pick the times and dates of the course.
• Plenty of Exams: Well, these are not there to scare you or fail you but it’s just a kind of assurance of your learning. They estimate that whatever they have been teaching is making an impact or not. So be ready for a weekly test if you are planning to study in France.
Top 10 Universities to Study in France
HEC university is also known as Ecole des Hautes which is in Jouy-en-Josas, France. HEC was formed in 1881. Today it offers master in management, EMBA, MBA programs, Ph.D. program, executive education, and Msc program. HEC has also expanded its online courses in recent years and took a groovy vision, “Tomorrow is Our Business”
This is a public French university in the Academy of Versailles that is situated on the west of Paris, Val-d’Oise Department is a must-consider choice when planning to study in France. Cergy-Pontoise is one of the foremost centers of research and teaching that embraces more than 1500 international. Currently, the university is providing all levels of graduate and post-graduate studies. 144 bachelors, masters, and doctorate degrees are available in the fields like science & technology, languages, literature, social sciences, law, and economy and management.
NEOMA Business School
As the name suggests, it’s one of the greatest French business school in France that was established in 2013. It is derived from two former business schools: Reims Management School(1928) and Rouen Business School(1871). Objectives of school are to lead in the light of innovative leaders having enthusiasm in entrepreneurship. Once you check the data, you will notice a lot of programs in Bachelor and Master in Management. Faculty of the school is organized in six various academic departments that also consist of a language center. It holds a staff of more than 160 professors out of which half of them are international.
IESG School of Management
IESEG School of Management was founded in 1964 in Lille, France. This school is a member of the largest private university Catholique de Lille that is concerned with the endowment and population in France. IESESG has two campuses, one is in Paris and the other one is in Lille. Financial Times ranked it 31st worldwide in 2017 because of its efficiency in Master of Management. It had also received three international commendations: AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS. In present, the school has almost 2270 international students.
KEDGE Business School
Another option to consider when planning to study in France is KEDGE Business School. KEDGE was founded in 1874 which is located in Bordeaux, Toulon, Marseille, and Paris. Besides these campuses, it also has two campuses in China(Suzhou and Shanghai). Like NEOMA, it’s also derived from two business schools: BEM(1874) and Euromed(1872). After the merge, it became the largest business school in France. Financial Times has been constantly putting its rank near the top 10 business school in Europe.
Grenoble Graduate School of Business
Grenoble was formed in 1984 in Grenoble, France by the help of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Grenoble. Its skill in business and management differentiates it among other business schools. GEM also has a name for its teaching in technology management, business strategy, and finance. The school has two Campuses in France and twelve campuses around the globe.
Sorbonne is one of the beautiful public university in Paris, France which was established with a merge among the Pierre et Marrie Curie University, Paris-Sorbonne University, and other smaller institutions. Sorbonne University has 3 faculties: Humanities, Science, and Medicine. Humanities is one of the spectacular teachings of Sorbonne that contains subjects like Musicology, History, Geography, Languages, and Philosophy. About science, we can say that it’s a major research institution in France that accommodates 125 laboratories. Medicine faculty is placed in the teaching hospitals like Pitie-Salpetriere and Saint-Antoine.
Ecole Polytechnique is a French public institution of higher education and research in Palaiseau, an outlying district in the southwest of Paris. In 1794, a mathematician named Gaspard Monge founded the school during the time period of the French revolution. It’s one of the most remarkable engineering and French scientific schools in France and titled as “Grandes Ecoles” in French. Ecole is known for its Engineering polytechnician scientific degree that is pretty equivalent to the degree of a bachelor and master of science.
Jean Moulin University
Jean Moulin is also known as Lyon 3 which was established in the early 1970s. Lyon 3 is a public university in Lyon, France that subsists subjects like Law, Humanities and Social Sciences. It has three campuses in Lyon:
a. Les Quais
b. Manufacture des Tabacs
CentraleSupelec which is also known as CS is the French Institute of research and higher education in Science & Engineering. It was founded on 1 January 2015. And another fun fact here is that it was also merged between two leading Institutions Ecole Centrale Paris and Supelec in France.
What About The Visa?
Whenever you move abroad to study, you must be well versed about the Visa issues. French government regulates Visa issues based on your citizenship. For EU citizens who belonged to territory like Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland, and Switzerland don’t have to show a Visa to study in France.
Those who don’t belong to the EU will have to present the Visa which also requires a residence permit known as VLS-TS that lasts long for a year. If your course duration is more than a year, you can renew it.
To obtain a Visa, you have to attempt the following steps:
a. Complete Application form.
b. Provide passport photos.
c. Identification Proof
d. Proof of your qualifications.
e. A police certification that demonstrates whether you are indulged in any serious criminal activities or not.
f. A proof that you can speak French(Only if your course is in French).
g. A proof that shows that you are financially capable to study there.
h. Once you go to France, you will have to contact OFII(They may examine you medically).
How to Apply For Admission in French Universities?
Before telling you about the procedure, let us clarify that the procedure for admisssion process to study in France is different for EU candidates and Non-EU candidates.
• Your application should be completed.
• Keep your prior study documents ready.
• They will ask about your income because they won’t let you in if you are not financially capable.
• Provide a copy of your photo identification or a driver’s license.
• Your transcripts are required for the proof that you have earned a high school diploma.
• Some colleges will ask for an essay test.
• You will have to pass the language proficiency test if English is not your native language.
• Many colleges charge a fee for the submission.
What? You don’t reside in the EU? No worries. Hang in there! Here’s a procedure prepared by the Edu Leverage team for you to apply to study in France:
• The application must be completed.
• Transcripts must be given that highlights your past qualifications.
• Provide a copy of your passport as well as passport size photograph.
• Get a visa ready if the course duration is more than three months.
• As a Non-EU candidate, an essay will become a critical aspect for you to get into a college. So state facts with perfect grammatical structure.
• An English proficiency test will be needed which can be obtained through a TOEFL test. You can complete this test online. But be sure to complete this test before applying. Otherwise, your application will be delayed because they will definitely ask you for TOEFL test results. This test may cost you some money. And yes, it will be submitted along with your application.
• A copy of your birth certificate is essential.
Are You Ready For an International Experience?
One thing for sure, if study in France, you will learn something new every day. For now, if you got any questions about your journey full of learnings, doors of Leverage Edu are always open for you.