With a beguiling adventure of discovering Europe packed with higher quality education, Poland transpires as one of the favourable countries for Indian students. With an inclusive study environment along with modern and advanced equipment and superior infrastructure, medical universities in Poland are eminently recognized. Let’s take a closer look at some of the opportunities for pursuing an MBBS in Poland.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Pursue an MBBS in Poland?
- 5+ Colleges/Universities for MBBS in Poland
- Intakes in Polland
- MBBS in Poland: Admission Procedure
- Cost of Living and Fee Structure
- Courses Offered for MBBS in Poland
- Eligibility Criteria for an MBBS in Poland
- Opportunities for Indian students after MBBS in Poland
- Study MBBS in Poland and Travel Through
- MBBS in Poland vs Ukraine
|17 years of age
10+2 (PCB) with 60%
|IELTS & TOEFL
|Compulsory and Required
|Maximum Course Fees
|Rs. 5.5 lakhs per year
|Minimum Course Fees
|Rs. 2.20 Lakhs per year
|Course Duration of MBBS (in years)
|5 years + 1-year internship
|Cost of Living in Poland
|Rs. 20 thousand per month
|Medium of Education
|English & Polish Language
|Recognition of Universities
|MCI & WHO Approved
Why Pursue an MBBS in Poland?
Below is a list of reasons why you should consider pursuing your MBBS from Poland and the advantages of studying medicine in Poland.
- Reasonable and affordable educational costs.
- Exemplary teaching quality with English-taught MBBS courses.
- Colleges in Poland are among the world-ranked universities.
- Educational advancement results in allowing approximately 75% of the MBBS graduates from Poland to practice medicine in the US, UK, and Germany.
- Acquiring admission at the post-graduation level after MBBS in Poland is much easier than in India for Indian students.
- Opportunity to learn the local dialect as an additional subject while pursuing MBBS.
- To operate, reside and settle within the country, Poland issues a blue card to international students.
- Scholarship program for academically exceptional candidates regardless of their nationality.
- The MBBS course involves a mandatory internship program in the Government and private hospitals for a year.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is not required to be eligible for an MBBS in Poland.
- At least 500 international students are enrolled in every university.
Also Read: Study in Poland
5+ Colleges/Universities for MBBS in Poland
The following are the top universities to pursue MBBS in Poland.
- Medical University of Gdańsk
- University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn
- Medical University of Warsaw
- Medical University of Lublin
- Wroclaw Medical University
- Medical University of Lodz
- Jagiellonian University Medical College
- Medical University of Warsaw
- Medical University of Silesia
- Poznan University of Medical Sciences
- The University of Silesia in Katowice
- Pomeranian Medical University in Szczecin
- Nicolaus Copernicus University
Intakes in Polland
The two major intakes in Poland are the summer intake and winter intake. Winter intake starts in September or October and goes on until February or March in Poland. Students who aspire to get admitted to the top medical Polland universities must start their application process by July as the academic sessions start in September. Students must also make sure to begin the MBBS admission process as soon as they receive the NEET score.
MBBS in Poland: Admission Procedure
The admission procedure for MBBS in Poland is mentioned below.
- The month of May and June are the months when the admission process begins in most medical universities and colleges.
- Candidates applying should fill out the admission form along with all the necessary credentials such as certificates of educational qualification, and a copy of a valid passport.
- The confirmation or rejection letter is sent to all candidates within a period of one week.
- Upon receiving confirmation, candidates will have to send the documents along with the passport for visa confirmation to the embassy.
- Candidates will receive the confirmation letter and admission letter from the respective university.
Read about: MBBS Subjects
Cost of Living and Fee Structure
The average cost of living in Poland ranges between ₹15,000- 20,000 per month. This includes rent, food, grocery, and transportation. Tabulated below is the fee structure for the top universities in Polland along with their hostel fee.
|Name of Universities
|Medical University of Lodz
|Warsaw Medical Academy
|Medical University of Gdansk
|Medical University of Lublin
|University of Wroclaw
|University of Silesia
|Nicolaus Copernicus University
Courses Offered for MBBS in Poland
|Undergraduate Medical Course
|Graduate Entry Medical Course
|4 years accelerated Programme
|5 to 5.5 year MDS Programme
|3-year Nursing Programme
Eligibility Criteria for an MBBS in Poland
Candidates will be required to fulfil the following educational measures to secure admission for MBBS in Poland:
- Students must be 17 years of age at the time of applying in the year prior to your admittance and not more than 25 years of age.
- Candidates must have scored 60% in 10+2.
- Studies in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are compulsory subjects at the intermediate level.
- Students who wish to pursue MBBS must have passed the NEET entrance exam.
Also Read: Top 14 Countries to study in Europe
Opportunities for Indian students after MBBS in Poland
A wide spectrum of options opens up for Indian students who have completed the 6 years MBBS course in Poland.
- Completion of the MBBS course in Poland will allow you to be eligible to apply for the PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board) assessment and USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) to pursue higher education in medicine in the UK or US.
- Students can practice medicine and settle in Poland after the completion of their degree.
- students can also move to any other European country in the quest to practice or pursue higher studies.
- Candiadtes who wish to travel back to India, must undergo MCI screening test and move ahead with practising medicine or continue advanced studies in India.
Study MBBS in Poland and Travel Through
Poland is not just a traditional country that is located in Central Europe, it is also a dynamic centre where education counts. With modern infrastructure and a vigorous education system, the admission process in Poland for students yearning to pursue an MBBS is easy because you don’t need to appear for any entrance examination. The quality of education imparted is regularly monitored and evaluated. A lot of Indian restaurants serving Indian food will make you feel connected to your home. So don’t hesitate to take a leap and explore the beautiful country.
You can also scan through our blog on MBBS in Europe, which will help you gain an insight into the list of top colleges/universities in Europe that will help you build a career in medicine globally.
MBBS in Poland vs Ukraine
Polland and Ukraine are among the most affordable countries in Europe. Both the countries provide unique education facilities and academic training. The following is table that highlights the major differences for MBBS in Poland vs Ukraine.
|10+2 with Physics,
Chemistry, Biology, and
English as compulsory subjects
|10+2 with Physics,
Chemistry, Biology, and
English as main subjects
|Cost of Living
|₹ 50,00,000- Rs. 60,00,000
Poland is among the best choice for Indian students pursuing MBBS abroad due to the high quality of medical education, low tuition fees structure, and high growth rate.
Indian students can practice in India after completing their MBBS in Poland. after completing the NMC screening.
The Cost of studying in Poland at the top Graded University is around ₹55, 50,000.
the duration for an MBBS course in Poland is 6 years.
Explore the opportunity of pursuing an MBBS in Poland through the mentorship platform provided by us. Get in touch with the mentors and counsellors at Leverage Edu right away and take the first step towards attaining your ambitions of becoming a doctor.