With a beguiling adventure of discovering Europe packed with higher quality education, Poland transpires as one of the favorable countries for Indian students. Known to be an active member state of the European Union, Poland offers enriching culture along with opportunities for fortunate higher educational study in a challenging and cordial atmosphere. An inclusive study environment along with modern and advanced equipment and superior infrastructure, medical universities in Poland are eminently recognized. Let’s take a closer look at some of the opportunities for pursuing MBBS in Poland.
Also Read: Study in Poland
Why Pursue an MBBS in Poland?
Below is a list of reasons why you should consider pursuing your MBBS from Poland and the advantages of studying medicine in Poland.
- Reasonable and affordable educational costs.
- Exemplary teaching quality with English taught MBBS courses.
- Colleges in Poland are among the world-ranked universities.
- Educational advancement results in allowing approximately 75% of the MBBS graduates from Poland to practice medicine in the US, UK, and Germany.
- Acquiring admission at the post-graduation level after MBBS in Poland is much easier than in India for Indian students.
- Opportunity to learn the local dialect as an additional subject while pursuing MBBS.
- To operate, reside and settle within the country, Poland issues a blue card to international students.
- Scholarship program for academically exceptional candidates regardless of their nationality.
- The MBBS course involves a mandatory internship program in the Government and private hospitals for a year.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is not required to be eligible for an MBBS in Poland.
- At least 500 international students are enrolled in every university.
Top Colleges/Universities for MBBS in Poland
- Medical University of Gdańsk
- University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn
- Medical University of Warsaw
- Medical University of Lublin
- Wroclaw Medical University
- Medical University of Lodz
- Jagiellonian University Medical College
- Medical University of Warsaw
- Medical University of Silesia
- Poznan University of Medical Sciences
- The University of Silesia in Katowice
- Pomeranian Medical University in Szczecin
- Nicolaus Copernicus University
Duration of an MBBS in Poland
MBBS in Poland is a five-year course with an additional one year of training in the hospitals associated with the medical university or college.
Eligibility Criteria for an MBBS in Poland
You will be required to fulfill the following educational measures to strive for MBBS admission in Poland:
- You must be 17 years of age at the time of applying in the year prior to your admittance and not more than 25 years of age.
- You must have scored 60% in 10+2.
- You must have studied English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects at the intermediate level.
- You must have passed the NEET entrance exam.
Opportunities for Indian students after MBBS in Poland
A wide spectrum of options opens up for Indian students who have completed the 6 years MBBS course in Poland.
- Completion of the MBBS course in Poland will allow you to be eligible to apply for PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board) assessment and USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) to pursue higher education in medicine in UK or US.
- You can practice medicine and settle in Poland itself after the completion of your degree.
- You can move to any other European country in the quest to practice or pursue higher studies.
- You can also travel back to India, undergo MCI screening test and move ahead with practising medicine or continue advanced studies in India.
Study MBBS in Poland and Travel Through
Poland is not just a traditional country that is located in Central Europe, it is also a dynamic centre where education counts. With modern infrastructure and a vigorous education system, the admission process in Poland for students yearning to pursue an MBBS is easy because you don’t need to appear for any entrance examination. The quality of education imparted is regularly monitored and evaluated.
A lot of Indian restaurants serving Indian food will make you feel connected to your home. So don’t hesitate to take a leap and explore the beautiful country.
You can also scan through our blog on MBBS in Europe, which will help you gain an insight into the list of top colleges/universities in Europe that will help you build a career in medicine globally.
Explore the opportunity of pursuing an MBBS in Poland through the mentorship platform provided by us. Get in touch with the mentors and counsellors at Leverage Edu right away and take the first step towards attaining your ambitions of becoming a doctor.