Do you want to learn how companies and manufacturers promote/market their products? Are you intrigued to know how brands attract consumers effectively? If your answer is yes then MBA in Marketing is the right course for you! It is one of the most sought-after PG courses worldwide. It prepares you to take on business challenges in the real-world through market research, consumer trends, product management, etc. During the course, learners gain various skills such as leadership management, analytical, mathematical, and business communication. Sounds interesting, right? Let’s dive deep into the details to know what you need to pursue an MBA in Marketing.
|Full-Form||Master of Business Administration in Marketing|
|Exams||GMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT|
|Eligibility||Bachelors’ Degree + Work Experience|
|Course Fees||INR 2,00,000 to INR 1,00,00,000|
This Blog Includes:
- MBA Marketing: Overview
- Why Study MBA in Marketing?
- Course Curriculum of MBA in Marketing
- Top Universities in the World for MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Marketing Online
- Types of MBA in Marketing
- Other MBA Marketing Courses
- MBA in Marketing Entrance Exams
- Admission Process for Top Universities
- MBA in Marketing Career Prospects
MBA Marketing: Overview
It strives to develop the student’s understanding of how the organization can benefit by creating and delivering valuable services to its customers, and stakeholders. It also includes the application of analytical concepts and tools of marketing to make essential business decisions like segmentation and targeting, branding, pricing, distribution, and promotion. A wide variety of programs with similar focus are available across a variety of institutions. The general duration of this postgraduate program is 1.5-2 years.
Why Study MBA in Marketing?
- The classic marketing tactics are taught in the M.B.A Marketing course, as well as new age ideas such as Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, and so on.
- After completing the M.B.A Marketing program, graduates might pursue careers in consulting or entrepreneurial management.
- According to Payscale, a Marketing manager’s average income is INR 9,03,076 per year, which is greater than that of an HR manager (INR 7,82,489) or an Operations manager (INR 7,82,489). (INR 8,32,787).
- One of the most popular and in-demand M.B.A specializations is marketing. Sony, Spencer’s Retail India Pvt Ltd, KPMG, Ranbaxy, Tech Mahindra, and others are among the top recruiters for M.B.A marketing graduates.
- Every company relies on marketing to generate customer loyalty and improve income, which is why MBA marketing is so popular.
- In MBA placements, the marketing sector is believed to be the most popular. According to IIM Ahmedabad Placements 2022 data, Marketing was the second most popular recruitment industry after Finance, with HUL offering the highest CTC of INR 27 lakhs per annum.
Course Curriculum of MBA in Marketing
Entering this MBA degree would equip students with detailed knowledge in the domain. The course will have a variety of core subjects as well as a few elective subjects. M.B.A in Marketing is offered by several prominent universities around the world; hence, the syllabus of the program may differ. Let us have a glance at the essential MBA Marketing subjects which will be covered under the curriculum:
|Consumer Behaviour||Business Communication|
|Dynamic Marketing Strategy||Marketing and E-commerce|
|Strategic Marketing Stimulation||Marketing for Social Impact|
|Data and Analysis for Marketing Decisions||Visual Marketing|
|New Product Management||Entrepreneurial Marketing|
|Advertising Management||Pricing Policies|
|Principles of Retailing||Digital, Social, and E-commerce Marketing|
Top Universities in the World for MBA in Marketing
While selecting the right institution for MBA in Marketing, one must research the course contents, faculty, as well as placement opportunities to ease out the crucial tasks in your study abroad journey. One must go through the top universities in the world offering this program and choose the one which best aligns with your requirements. Listed below are the leading institutions offering this course as per the QS Rankings 2022:
|Universities||QS Rankings 2023 for Management||Country|
|ESSEC Business School||2||France|
|Imperial College Business School||3||UK|
|ESCP Business School||4||France|
|ESADE Business School||6||Spain|
|EMLyon Business School||7||France|
|SKEMA Business School||8||France|
|EDHEC Business School||9||France|
|Vienna University of Economics and Business||10||Austria|
MBA in Marketing Online
Studying M.B.A is an exciting experience but you can also study MBA in Marketing without having to leave the comfort of your hometown or country. Here, the role of distance learning programs for MBA in Marketing comes in handy. Here are some of the most popular courses around the world that are available online:
|University of Canada||Full-time MBA||2 years|
|International University of Applied Sciences, Germany||Full-time MBAPart-time MBA||18-36 months|
|Arden University, United Kingdom||Full-time MBA
|John Hopkins Business School||Part-time MBA||33 Months|
|Broward International University||Full-time MBA||18 Months|
Types of MBA in Marketing
|Full-time MBA Marketing||2 years|
|Part-time MBA Marketing||2-3 years|
|Distance MBA Marketing||2 years|
|MBA Marketing Online||Minimum 2 years, Maximum 4 years from the date of registration.|
There are different types of M.B.A opportunities in digital marketing, marketing, and sales:
MBA in Digital Marketing
M.B.A in Digital Marketing is a creative course offered by various universities. The duration of the course is 3 years or 6 semesters in India and 4 years or 8 semesters in foreign colleges. The Digital Marketing course syllabus teaches a wide range of media strategies, new concepts, and creative learning, and also covers the management aspect of marketing.
MBA in Marketing Management
The course covers the fields of sales, marketing, executive and leadership management skills, product management, etc. It is a 2-year course with four semesters in different subjects. Students need to take the GMAT exam with relevant work experience from international universities.
Other MBA Marketing Courses
MBA Marketing Management, M.B.A Marketing and Sales, and M.B.A Marketing and Finance are the top dual specialization or related courses you may do in addition to a conventional M.B.A Marketing program.
MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA Marketing Management is a two-year postgraduate program designed for individuals who wish to learn how to manage marketing operations as well as how to manage marketing resources.
- To get admitted to an M.B.A BA marketing management program, you must have a minimum of 50% of your undergraduate degree. Some institutions additionally require 2-4 years of job experience.
- The usual course price ranges from INR 2 to INR 8 lakhs.
MBA in Marketing and Sales
- M.B.A in Marketing and Sales is a two-year postgraduate program designed for individuals interested in learning about marketing and sales tactics.
- The admissions process is comparable to that of an MBA, requiring a minimum of 50% in high school and valid scores on the CAT, XAT, MAT, or equivalent national-level MBA tests.
- Only a few universities in India provide M.B.A Marketing and Sales programs. Chemical sales and marketing, Pharmaceutical sales and marketing, and Sales and Marketing Communications are among the specialist courses offered by the majority of them.
- The typical fee ranges from INR 50,000 to INR 17 lakhs.
MBA in Marketing and Finance
- The M.B.A in Marketing and Finance is a two-year postgraduate program designed for applicants who want to specialize in both finance and marketing.
- Students with a valid score on the admission tests and a graduation grade of 50-60% from a recognized university are eligible to apply.
- The typical M.B.A marketing and finance course fee for a two-year program is between INR 12,000 and 12 lakhs.
MBA in Marketing Entrance Exams
For candidates interested in enrolling in MBA Marketing programs, entrance tests are held at both the national and university levels. A few of the entrance tests offered for MBA Marketing students seeking admission are listed below.
Admission Process for Top Universities
The admission process for MBA in marketing is extremely overwhelming as you’re going to pursue the most fundamental part of marketing. However, when you contact Leverage Edu, the professionals will help you with the admission process. Let’s discuss the eligibility criteria to become a marketer with an MBA degree.
A variety of institutions abroad offer diverse MBA specializations and require candidates that can convert their career aspirations into success. Before you enter this postgraduate course, you must fulfil the entry requisites put down by the universities. Listed below are some important entry requisites for this course:
- Usual formal schooling of 10+ 2 from a recognized university with a minimum percentage demanded by the university
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a renowned institution in the same or related field with a good score
- Prescribed score in GMAT or GRE
- Transcripts of English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- Candidates must have LORs and SOP in the format prescribed by the university
- Work experience in the relevant field is demanded by some institutions, however, it is not mandatory
- Updated CV or Resume
This is another important aspect you need to keep in mind if you’re planning to become a successful marketer. But the application process might get overwhelming. This is where the professional from Leverage Edu will help you. It’s important to complete the application process without any mistakes. Here are crucial things to consider:
- Call us and we will help you shortlist your favourite marketing university But you need to submit your application to multiple universities to broaden your chances of getting selected.
- Compile all essential documents. Don’t make mistakes while submitting the documents.
- Submit the application before the deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter
- Don’t forget to get your visa approved.
The documentation process is one of the most essential steps you should consider. But making some common mistakes will jeopardize your application. The documents you need to submit are::
- Educational certificates. As you’re going for an MBA degree in marketing, you need to provide your other mark sheets such as the 12th mark sheet, UG mark sheet, etc.
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of intent
- Financial documents
- Statement of purpose
Also Read: BBA MBA Integrated Course
MBA in Marketing Career Prospects
Consultant, International Finance Manager, Export Coordinator, and Management Consultant are some of the designations available to MBA Marketing students.
Projects for MBA in Marketing
Advertising, branding, market research, and other areas of MBA Marketing are covered. MBA Marketing projects are flawless, and they are led to be completed by current industry standards. The following are some examples of MBA Marketing projects.
- A Consumer Behavior Study on Hindustan Unilever’s Pureit
- Customer Relationships at Fortis: A Case Study
- Coca-Cola and Pepsico’s sales relationships were investigated.
- Relationship Management at Hotel Westin Marketing Strategies at Indigo Airlines Distribution Strategy at Amul Hyundai Marketing Strategies
Careers After MBA in Marketing
As soon as you enter the industry, you can get to choose from a wide variety of prestigious jobs available after an M.B.A in Marketing. Let us have a look at some popular work profiles offered:
|Brand Manager||INR 9,50,000|
|Marketing Manager||INR 6,85,000|
|Sales Manager||INR 4,80,000|
|Marketing Analyst||INR 8,40,000|
|Business Development Manager||INR 8,04,000|
|Media Planner||INR 5.87,000|
|Media Manager||INR 8,00,000|
|Product Manager||INR 10,00,000|
Also Read: Low-Cost MBA in Canada
Salary of MBA Marketer Country-Wise
The salary of a marketer would depend on the country. For instance, a marketer who’s living in the UK won’t receive the same salary as someone who lives in Australia. Here’s a tab;e that would help you understand the salary of marketers in different countries.
|USA||USD 113,000 (INR 93 Lakhs)|
|UK||GBP 77,000 (INR 77 Lakhs)|
|Canada||CAD 129,000 (INR 78 Lakhs)|
|Australia||AUD 110,000 (INR 61 Lakhs)|
Top Companies Hiring MBA Marketing
Here are the top 20 companies that are hiring professionals with MBA:
- Procter & Gamble
- Johnson & Johnson
Also Read: Is MBA after MBBS a good option?
The average salary of an MBA Marketing graduate is 6-7 lakhs per annum.
No, there’s no maths in the MBA marketing syllabus. Though in the first and second years of the course, you have to study accounts and statistics.
An MBA in Marketing course costs around INR 3-10 Lakhs per annum.
Yes, you can pursue MBA after B.A. All you require is an aggregate of 50% marks in your graduation.
Hopefully, this blog about M.B.A in Marketing made you aware of all the essential information related to joining the program. For a smooth admission to the Marketing course variant of your choice, reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu through e-meetings and they will help you select the best university and program.