If studying abroad has always been one of your dreams, then you must explore studying in Poland as an option. However, you will need a valid student visa in order to study in Poland. For candidates and students who are from the European Union member state, all you will need is a valid ID and travel documents. To answer all such queries about the Poland student visa, we are here with this blog. Read on!
This Blog Includes:
- Poland Education System
- Details of Poland Student Visa
- Polish Student Visa Process
- There are various kinds of Poland Student Visa options to choose from:
- Documents Required for Poland Student Visa
- Polish Residence Permit
- Organisation of a Polish Visa
- Education Requirement for Poland Student Visa
- Process for Poland Student Visa
- Refusal of Visa Application
- Work in Poland with a Student Visa
Poland Education System
Poland higher education is dominated largely by private universities and institutes. With just 138 state schools as compared to 310 private colleges and universities, the level of competition is high which results in studying at low cost with the highest quality of education in Poland as compared to other countries of Europe. Over 100 universities offer numerous programs in English, which adds to the popularity of Poland higher education system. Being a part of the European Credit Transfer System, students are also offered the opportunity to be a part of various exchange programs and to continue their studies in other countries. However, the admission process at the different institutes in the country vary as there is no central administration to administer, thus each institute is responsible for their respective admission processes.
Also Read: MBA in Poland
Details of Poland Student Visa
Those planning to pursue their studies in Poland are expected to legalize their stay. The “laissez-passer” of the UN is the only group of people who do not require a visa to stay in Poland. However, those who wish to extend their stay beyond 3 months and are members of the EU are required to register their stay in Poland beforehand. International visitors are required to get a visa from their home country along with the Temporary Stay Card that lasts for 45 days, right before your visa expiration date. This aids in prolonging your stay in the country.
The Poland student visa, i.e. National Visa Category D is issued by the consulate or diplomatic institutions of the Republic of Poland, visa centres or the embassy. Through this visa, the students are allowed to stay in Poland for a year.
Polish Student Visa Process
The process for getting the Polish student visa are as follows:
- Confirm your University admission: You must have gotten an offer from a Polish University to study in and you also must have accepted such an offer. This will be proof of your place when you apply for a visa.
- Find a Polish Consulate nearest to you: To get your visa application processed you will have to visit a Polish embassy or a Polish consulate in your country.
- Fix a date for your visa appointment at the Consulate: By registering online you will have to fix a date for your visa appointment at the Consulate. You can do so through the Visa Consulate website.
- Be present for your appointment and submit your documents: You have to submit all your documents to the Consulate on the day of your appointment. This is inclusive of the visa application form and the visa fee.
Must Read: MBBS in Poland
There are various kinds of Poland Student Visa options to choose from:
- “A” Type – This is a transit Schengen visa. It is of no use for any student who wants to study in Poland.
- “C” Type – This is a short term Schengen visa. It allows the visa holder to stay within the territory of Poland for a period of up to 90 days from the total time period of 180 days.
- “D” Type – This is a long term National Visa. it is issued for a period of up to 1 year and permits travelling around the Schengen area for up to 90 days.
Note – The total time taken for the processing of the visa is 14 working days
Documents Required for Poland Student Visa
There are numerous documents required during the process of acquiring Poland student visa. The documents that need to be submitted include:
- A valid passport, that remains valid until 3 months of the planned departure from Poland.
- School Diplomas and Certificates
- Resume or CV
- Completely filled and signed Poland student visa form.
- Letter of acceptance from the institute in Poland you are planning to attend.
- Visa application fee receipt, that is already paid.
- Passport-size photograph of the applicant
- Accommodation proof in Poland
- Health Insurance
- Proof of English proficiency or any other language chosen as a medium of instruction.
- Proof of funds required to live and study in Poland.
- Transportation or travelling documentations
Polish Residence Permit
To stay in Poland for more than one year, you need to have the type D visa, for which you will require a residence permit. To apply for the Polish Residence Permit you will need to submit the following documents:
- Application Form
- Documents for your identity
- Proof of your admission in a Polish University or College
- Proof showing that you have sufficient finances
Your first Polish Residence Permit will be valid only for 15 months. However, it can be renewed up to a time period of 3 years. You can apply for this extension while you are legally living in Poland and before your visa expires.
Organisation of a Polish Visa
We, at Leverage Edu also help you in getting your visa to study and stay in Poland. The entire visa process takes a total time of one month, therefore you need you to begin the process beforehand, at least one month before your journey. To initiate the process of your visa you need to submit the following documents:
- A complete visa application form
- 2 Passport size photos with a white background
- A valid Passport
- Acceptance letter from your University
- A valid Health Insurance which should remain so for the entire time you stay there
- A document stating that you have the finances to undertake your studies in Poland
Education Requirement for Poland Student Visa
To be able to study in Poland and get a valid student visa, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have completed secondary level education
- Must have valid Leaving Certificate which gives confirmation that you are eligible to apply in a University.
- If you have successfully cleared the Europen Baccalaureate exam you can freely apply at Polish universities for undergraduate studies.
Process for Poland Student Visa
Possessing the above-mentioned documents will ensure an easy and hassle-free process of getting your visa. Let us look at the process of getting the Poland Student Visa:
- Registration for the submission of documents for obtaining a Poland student visa. You need to get acquainted with all the details on the official website of the Polish embassy of your country or you can contact the customer service.
- Collect all the relevant documents
- Submit the documents on time
- Get your visa
Refusal of Visa Application
The chances of refusal for a Polish study visa are minimal because, in comparison to other European countries, Poland has flexible policies on visa and migration. In case, you are refused because of a lack of documents or any mistake, do not be discouraged. Applicants can re-apply the documents, eliminating the reason for the refusal. However, it is recommended to carefully check all the documents before applying in order to avoid failure.
Work in Poland with a Student Visa
If you are an international student studying in Poland, you can also have the liberty of working here, provided you have a valid residence permit. There are no restrictions on working in Poland with a Polish type D student visa.
We hope you find the information provided regarding Poland student visa to be informative and helpful to you. If you need any assistance regarding your visa process, you can reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu.