Many universities in New Zealand have designed specific foundational programs to help international students enrol in the course of their choice. Such courses make it easier for students who are figuring out which courses to opt for or which course suits their requirements. Foundational courses prepare students for their undergraduate admissions. Qualifications in such programs are widely accepted in New Zealand and many Australian universities. It is designed to help students from Non-English speaking backgrounds as well to take admission into universities in New Zealand.
This Blog Includes:
- Program Overview and Duration
- Why Pursue a Foundation or Pathway Program in New Zealand?
- Benefits of Choosing Foundation or Pathway Programs in New Zealand
- Study Groups in New Zealand Offering Foundation or Pathway Programs
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply
- Cost of Studying
- Cost of Living in New Zealand
Program Overview and Duration
Foundation or pathway programs in New Zealand are not directly offered by the universities but are taught by various study groups that are associated with the universities which may have offered different program overviews depending on the course and the specific university. The duration of the course may usually range from 6 months to 12 months. And have three intakes including January or February, June or July, and September or October.
Why Pursue a Foundation or Pathway Program in New Zealand?
These programs are designed to prepare students for their university education and enhance various skills.
- Foundation or pathway programs in New Zealand help students to develop skills in critical and independent thinking
- It also trains students in the use of computer and research
- Provide knowledge in specialized subjects like Chemistry, Computer Science and English
Benefits of Choosing Foundation or Pathway Programs in New Zealand
The following are the benefits of a foundation or pathway program in New Zealand:
- Foundation or pathway programs provide students with a personalized and supportive environment for learning.
- Students will get a chance to learn from highly qualified and experienced faculty
- The teachers provide guidance to students to develop and achieve their study goals
- Foundation or pathway programs are pretty flexible as they provide both online and offline modes of learning (in and outside the country)
- Students will learn using top-notch facilities. Many universities provide students gadgets like iPads and laptops to study.
Study Groups in New Zealand Offering Foundation or Pathway Programs
The following are study groups that offer foundational programs in New Zealand:
- University of Auckland
- Auckland University of Technology
- Taylors College
- Massey University Foundation
- Waikato Pathways College
- Victoria University Foundation
- Lincoln University Foundation
- Otago University Foundation
- Canterbury University
Must Read: New Zealand Green List Diploma Courses
- A student must have achieved a minimum average score of the chosen foundation program
- A student must have a minimum score on English Language Proficiency Tests like IELTS
- Any other university-specific requirements must also be met for the undergraduate admission
How to Apply
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kick-start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for Foundational or pathway programs in New Zealand.
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Cost of Studying
The cost of studying Foundational or Pathway Programs in New Zealand may vary depending upon the type of degree program:
|Course||Duration||Cost in (NZ$)||In Rupee|
|Fast-Track Programme||6 months (2 terms)||18,750||INR 8.82 Lakh|
|Standard Programme||8/9 months (3 terms)||23,250||INR 10.94 Lakh|
|Standard Plus Programme||12 months (4 terms)||29,900||INR 14.07 Lakh|
|Foundation Connect Programme||6 months (2 terms)||15,990||INR 7.52 Lakh|
Cost of Living in New Zealand
The cost of living in New Zealand for an international student could range from $20,000 to $25,000 NZ$ or in INR 9.23 Lacs to 11.54 Lacs per year. The cost of other amenities in new york are as follows:
|Categories||Cost in (NZ$)||In INR|
|Rent||$800 – $950/month||36,959 – 43,889|
|Food and Beverages||$550/month||25,409|
|Clothing and Footwear||$68/month||3,141|
Must Read: Short Courses in New Zealand
A. The average cost of living in New Zealand for an international student may range from $20,000 to $25,000 NZ$ or in INR 9.23 Lacs to 11.54 Lacs annually.
A. The duration of the program may vary spending on the course and specific university. However, the average time of such programs ranges from 6 months to 12 months.
A. Foundation or Pathway Programs in New Zealand are designed to prepare students for their Undergraduate admission. The following are the eligibility criteria for the same:
A minimum average score in your chosen program
A minimum score in English Language Proficiency Test like IELTS
Any additional university-specific requirements
So, hope that this blog has provided you with relevant information on Foundation or Pathway programs in New Zealand. And if you want to know more about such programs or are interested in pursuing your education abroad, contact Leverage Edu for total assistance or call us on 1800 572 000 and book your 30 minutes free session today!