MPhil in Business Administration is one of the most popular choices for students who have already completed their post-graduation degree and want to pursue their career in business and research. The course is gaining importance day by day due to the demand for researchers in various companies. If you are interested in the research domain specifically in business, you should definitely go for this course. In this blog, we have covered all of the details about the MPhil in Business Administration including the course details, admission process, costs & career scope.
|Course||MPhil in Business Administration|
|Degree Type||Postgraduate Research Degree|
|Duration||Full time: 1 YearPart-time: 2 Years|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s and master’s degree from a recognized university|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 70,00,000|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 15,00,000|
This Blog Includes:
- What is MPhil in Business Administration?
- Why study MPhil in Business Administration?
- Universities OfferingPhil in Business Administration Abroad
- Universities Offering MPhil in Business Administration in India
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Process
- Cost of Studying MPhil in Business Administration
- Career Scope
What is MPhil in Business Administration?
MPhil in Business Administration is a 1-2 year research-based postgraduate program that provides good opportunities to students who wish to pursue a research-oriented career. It is also a preparatory course for the PhD program, which makes this course more attractive and worth doing. The program requires students to do advanced research and undergo rigorous research training.
MPhil in Business Administration is suitable for those who wish to:
- have knowledge, skills, and the competencies to do a higher level of research.
- pursue a PhD course in the future.
- pursue a career in teaching.
- possess knowledge of Business and Management Research Methodology, as well as various data analysis techniques and tools
Why study MPhil in Business Administration?
MPhil in Business Administration bridges the gap between a master’s degree and a PhD. Through this course, candidates learn about the nuances of research, acquiring skills and knowledge that would help them successfully pursue a full PhD program. Lucrative salary packages make this program the best pathway to enter the business research industry. It has been observed that the average salary after this course is around £101,000 (INR 1.01 cr) per annum. Research departments are in demand right now and will continue to be in the next 10-20 years making the researchers’ presence more valuable.
Still, want to know more? Contact our Leverage Edu Experts who will guide you through all your queries. Book your consultation slot now!
Universities OfferingPhil in Business Administration Abroad
Here is the list of the top universities offering the required course. Check them out!
|The University of Manchester||MPhil in Business and Management|
|University of Sydney||MPhil in the Business|
|University of Cambridge||MPhil in Management|
|Bournemouth University||Master in the Philosophy|
|University of the Waikato||Master in Philosophy|
|University of Worcester||Business MPhil / Ph.D.|
Universities Offering MPhil in Business Administration in India
There are colleges in India that offer this program which you can also consider. To know more, keep reading!
- Kalol Institute of Management (KIM), Kalol
- Madurai Institute of Social Sciences (MISS), Madurai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Institute of Law, Nirma University (IOL-NU), Ahmedabad
- Karunya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
To apply for an MPhil program,
- you must have graduated from a recognized institution with a bachelor’s and master’s degree related to the area of study you are interested in.
- Many universities prefer aspirants with research experience.
- A research proposal may also be requested.
- It is also required that students intending to earn this degree abroad complete IELTS or TOEFL, submit SOP, and submit letters of recommendation.
Wondering How to Pursue MPhil Abroad? Book A Free Consultation Session Now!
The process of applying to a university is the crucial part and you must consult and take the help of the experts. So, experts at Leverage Edu are here to help you out in each and every step of your admission stage.
For your reference, the process is listed below:
- Go to the website of the university you want to enrol in.
- Fill out the online form.
- Submit the required documents.
- Wait for the response and further instructions from the university.
In order to get into the MPhil programs, students must submit a long list of documents. Below are the documents students need:
- An updated CV in the correct format
- Copy of Passport or Visa (if available)
- A research proposal of at least 1000 to 1500 words
- Academic transcripts and certificates
- Certificate of English proficiency – IELTS/TOEFL/PTE Test/Duolingo
- Personal Statements
- Reference Letters
- A formal application form
Cost of Studying MPhil in Business Administration
The cost of studying abroad would vary from one university to another but the average cost is mentioned below for your reference.
|Countries||Average annual Fees|
|UK||£14,500 (INR 14,60,000)|
|Canada||$23,379 (INR 17,83,000)|
As a Master of Philosophy student in any sub-field, you can explore both public and private employment opportunities. Despite the fact that many people pursue MPhil in order to enter the academic arena or prepare themselves for a doctorate, the degree actually offers you a multitude of benefits. Your MPhil allows you to begin a career in research, the most prominent field in which to establish yourself. Students who have completed an MPhil from a reputed university have a higher chance of getting hired for a career of their choice after graduation.
These are the possible careers that you can choose with an MPhil degree:
- Researchers and developers
- Social Services
- Academic Institutions
- Publishing Houses
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Policy Analysis
- Public Administration
|Country||Average Annual Salary|
|USA||$52,278 (INR 52,60,000)|
|UK||£ 101,000 (INR 1,01,63,000)|
|Canada||C$73,000 (INR 44,43,000)|
Yes, M. Phil can be pursued after an M.B.A since M.B.A is a postgraduate degree and MPhil requires the candidate to possess a postgraduate degree.
A PhD is a doctorate of philosophy, while an MPhil is a master’s degree in philosophy. Both degrees are based on research and coursework, but a PhD has an edge over an MPhil.
The MPhil is above the MSc and MA since it is a pre-doctorate program.
Planning to study abroad? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from the application to the Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.