According to the Higher Education Statistics Agency, 41,815 students went to UK for studies in 2020. MBA is among the top career options for students worldwide. You will get a great career boost and gain extensive experience by pursuing an MBA from top-ranked business schools. Business schools in the UK have a solid reputation for quality education and teaching excellence all over the world. Birmingham is a popular study abroad destination because of many reasons. The cost of living in Birmingham is 60% cheaper than London, multicultural environment, high-quality education are some of the reasons to start your study in Birmingham. Let’s explore everything you need to know about MBA in Birmingham.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study MBA in Birmingham?
- Top Universities to Study MBA in Birmingham
- Eligibility for MBA in Birmingham
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Achieve Your Study Abroad Dream in the UK with the Right Mentorship from Leverage Edu!
Why Study MBA in Birmingham?
Birmingham is one of the best cities to study in the UK. . Student life, culture, friendly environment, and low cost of living make it a great choice to pursue your dream education abroad.
- Low Cost of Living: Birmingham is one of the affordable cities in the UK. Edgbaston and Mosely are reasonably priced and Mosely was voted the best place to live in the UK for city living in 2015
- Practical Knowledge: Universities offering MBA in Birmingham offers a course that is a blend of theory and practical knowledge. Students are trained for marketable skills that will help them excel at the international level
- Work while Study: Students are allowed to work 20 hours a week. They can work part-time to support their studies and expenses
- Future Employability: Universities in Birmingham offering MBAs also help develop skills such as CV writing, presentation skills, interview technique and other essential skills most recruiters look for in a candidate
- No GMAT: The best part of studying MBA in Birmingham is that most of the universities don’t require GMAT scores for admission
Top Universities to Study MBA in Birmingham
There are many factors that make the UK an amazing place for higher education. The universities are aimed at providing students with the right skills and knowledge of a particular field. Here are the top universities to study MBA in Birmingham:
University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is a public research university founded in 1900. It is one of the oldest universities in the UK. QS world ranking 2022 ranked the University of Birmingham at 90th position, the university has maintained in top 100 universities in the world and 14th position in the UK. MBA at the University of Birmingham is a popular course among students as it is globally recognized and accredited by AMBA, EQUIS, AACSB. University offers two specializations- MBA in International Business and MBA in Global Banking and Finance.
|IELTS||7.0 and above|
|Tuition Fee||£30,450 (INR 3100890)|
|Duration||12 months, 21 months or 24 months|
Aston University is a public research university founded in 1895. The leading university is popular among students all around the world. It has over 13,000 students from 130 countries across the world. University is famous for its business and management courses. Aston University is ranked 401–500th by World University Rankings 2022.
|Tuition Fee||£25,850 (INR 2632863)|
Newman University was established in 1968 and is a private university. The university campus covers 61 acres. Newman University’s ranking in the 2022 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities Midwest, #112. It offers MBA with three specializations: MBA – Business Analytics, MBA – Leadership Concentration, and MBA – Healthcare Administration Concentration.
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||$687 (INR 50617)|
|Duration||12 – 14 months|
Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University is a public university founded in 1843. The university was ranked 601 in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education. MBA courses focus on helping students gain practical experience with theoretical knowledge. Students gain analytical skills like strategic thinking, creative problem solving, an entrepreneurial mindset, and highly effective communication and research skills.
|Tuition Fee (per annum)||£11,000 (INR 1120328)|
|Duration||12 – 21 months|
Eligibility for MBA in Birmingham
The eligibility of an MBA in Birmingham is different for every university. In most universities, GMAT is not mandatory but highly recommended. While all universities require a high band score in IELTS, get in touch with your coaches at Leverage Live and score the desired IELTS score!
- 15 years of education
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 50%
- Minimum work experience of 3 years
- IELTS/PTE/TOEFL scores
- GMAT scores are not mandatory but highly recommended
Also Read: MBA in UK Without Work Experience
The application process to apply for MBA in Birmingham is through an admission portal known as UCAS.
- Visit the website of UCAS
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements
- Click on the application form of the respective university
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address
- After creating your account, enter your academic and personal details.
- Select the course and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities.
Here is a list of necessary documents required at the time of submitting your application for an MBA in Birmingham:
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Reference Letters
- Postgraduate applicants have to submit a translation of the degree certificate in case the degree certificate is in another language other than English.
Achieve Your Study Abroad Dream in the UK with the Right Mentorship from Leverage Edu!
Are you ready to pursue your dream MBA in Birmingham? Reach out to our Leverage Edu counsellors or call us at 1800 572 000 and we will help you sort out the application process and provide you with the assistance you need to land at your dream university in the upcoming January 2022 intake!