Known for quality education not only in STEM courses but also when it comes to the disciplines of Social sciences, Humanities and Language Studies. Pursuing a Masters in Germany is nothing less than an enriching educational experience. Apart from the affordable cost of studying in Germany, its architectural beauty, student-friendly environment, and a plethora of career opportunities across industries make it one of the most ideal destinations to pursue a master’s. Read on to know more about the varied features of pursuing a Masters in Germany along with the admission process and other essentials.
This Blog Includes:
|Oldest University||University of Heidelberg (1386)|
|International Students||311,738 (Approximately)|
|Popular Masters Courses||-MSc Medical Technology and Healthcare Business
-MSc Business Intelligence and Data Science
-MBA Sustainable Mobility Management
-MBA Sustainable Mobility Management
|Course Length||1.5 – 2 years|
|Basic Eligibility||GMAT/ GRE with English or German Language Proficiency Test|
|Average Tuition Fees||INR 30,90,000 for Private Universities|
|Academic Year||October to September|
Why Germany is an Ideal Destination for Pursuing Master’s?
Germany is considered a powerhouse in Europe offering innumerable avenues for both, career development and scientific research and inquiry. Apart from pursuing higher education from free universities in Germany, the close proximity to financial and technological hubs of business and innovation like Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, etc helps students in gaining much-needed exposure to apply learned theoretical concepts in practical settings.
Further, pan EU exchange and semester abroad amenities such as the ERASMUS program aid in their higher studies in a multidimensional manner. While German is the preferred language of communication, academic courses in colleges in Germany can be undertaken in the English language as well. It’s a lesser-known fact that one can also study in Germany without IELTS!
Popular Master-Level Courses in Germany
Not restricted to only Sciences, there are various degree programs related to Management, Law, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, etc offered by universities in Germany. Here is a list of popular courses for you to consider if you are planning to pursue Masters in Germany:
- MBA Sustainable Mobility Management
- EMBA in Healthcare Management
- MA Arts and Cultural Management
- MA Interior Design
- MA in Finance and Investment
- MSc Applied Computer Science
- MSc Medical Technology and Healthcare Business
- MSc Business Intelligence and Data Science
- MSc in Laboratory Animal Science
- Masters in Agricultural Biosciences
- Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering
- Biomedical Systems Engineering
- Masters in Management (MIM)
Note: This is not an exhaustive list. There is a wide range of courses offered by various universities in Germany.
Top Universities for Pursuing Masters in Germany
Exceptionally rated by both, THE World University Rankings as well as QS Rankings 2023, institutions in Germany, as discussed, serve as home to various international students every year. The following table gives a rank-wise list of institutions which you must surely glance over while opting for a masters in Germany.
|University||Location||THE Rankings 2023||QS Rankings 2023|
|Humboldt University of Berlin||Berlin||86||131|
|University of Freiburg||Freiburg||113||189|
|University of Tuebingen||Tubingen||86||169|
|RWTH Aachen University||Aachen||99||147|
|University of Bonn||Bonn||89||201|
|Free University of Berlin||Berlin||91||118|
|University of Gottingen||Gottingen||119||215|
|University of Hamburg||Hamburg||128||228|
|Technical University of Berlin||Berlin||156||158|
|University of Mannheim||Mannheim||179||541-550|
Eligibility Criteria to Pursue Masters in Germany
Most of the masters courses in Germany operate with eligibility conditions similar to those practised internationally.
- In order to pursue a Masters in Germany, applicants are required to possess an undergraduate degree in a field related to the discipline that they are applying for.
- However, to maintain diversity in classes, German universities encourage students from several backgrounds to apply.
- Your candidature is not judged on one component but on the complete suitability of your profile with the course objectives.
- Industry experience is also taken into account more so in Management courses like an MBA.
How to Apply for a Masters in Germany?
The process of applying for a master’s in Germany is generally conducted in two to three cycles, namely, Fall, Spring, and Summer. Applicants must be considerate of the deadlines to make sure that they don’t miss out on important dates.
- In addition to that, the application package must include GRE or GMAT and IELTS or TOEFL scores, SOP, LOR, CV/Resume and Research Proposal (as required).
- Universities also offer scholarships, assistantships, stipends and other allowances in the shape of financial aid to support students in their education. You can refer to our blog on the DAAD Scholarship for more information on funding-related questions.
- Once you receive your offer letter, the next step would be to apply for a German study visa.
Career after a Masters’s in Germany
The institutions in the Germany offer students different courses to pursue after completion of their masters in Germany. An option worth considering is the highly research-inclined PhD degree which is oriented towards a career in research. Read our blog on PhD in Germany for more information.
Pursuing a Masters in Germany can open up doors for a lot of career opportunities. Therefore, getting a master’s degree from Germany is definitely a good option.
The majority of Masters’s programs in Germany are free. Most German universities do not ask for tuition fees and also compared to other European countries, the cost of living is slightly less.
Yes, Masters from Germany is valid in India. You can take up a job or do PhD in India after completing Masters in Germany.
We hope you liked this blog where we tried to cover comprehensive information related to Masters in Germany. Are you looking for opportunities to study abroad? If the answer is yes, the experts at Leverage Edu can make your journey easier as they will be guiding you throughout the process. To take help from the experts simply register on our website or call us at 1800-572-000.