Information technology (IT) security, usually referred to as “cyber security,” is concerned with defending data from intrusive assaults on computers, networks, servers, and mobile devices. Universities in Germany provide a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate degree courses in computer science and engineering. In the most important global rankings, numerous German universities are included among the best in the world. The best master’s programmes in cyber security in Germany equip students with a range of network security abilities. By specializing in cyber security, you can become qualified and capable of protecting computer operating systems from threats and cybercrime.
This Blog Includes:
About Masters in Cyber Security in Germany
- More than 40 universities in Germany offer a two-year master’s degree in cyber security. Basic security design principles,IT system components, script programming, cryptography, threats, legal and ethical dilemmas, and others are some of the subjects you can anticipate studying.
- Professionals in Cyber Security or IT security safeguard sensitive data for organizations in a variety of industries, including banking, retail, healthcare, education, and social media. You are in charge of sustaining, assessing, and enhancing the security infrastructure as a cybersecurity specialist. Specialists in cyber security deploy firewalls, keep track of network activity, back up data, and develop and put into practice security policies and procedures. If there is a web security breach, professionals quickly rectify it and look for ways to stop the next attacks.
- A competent IT security worker must have a variety of talents, including analysis and problem-solving, decision-making, time management, organization, attention to detail, communication, and creativity.
- Students majoring in cyber security can find employment as cryptographers, information security officers, security engineers, penetration testers, forensics specialists, security administrators, ethical hackers, etc. after graduation.
A 7.0 CGPA and a minimum of 70% in computer science or a related discipline are requirements for an undergraduate degree from a reputed university. Even though the GRE is optional, a score of above 300 will increase the worth of your CV.
Must Read: Cyber Security Course at Kensley College
The application process can be finished by submitting the required documentation:
- Passport photocopy
- A photocopy of any previous transcripts or certificates from higher education.
- Language certificates copies
- Letter of Motivation
- Online application form
- Letter of recommendation (at least two)
- Financial statements
- Translations of the certificate (if required)
- Medical certificate
- Passport-sized photos
The following steps must be followed in order to apply to this Master’s programme at German University:
- Determine which university provides a Cyber Security Master in Germany.
- Check the admissions requirements on the website of the university you have chosen.
- Complete an online application and pay the application fees.
- Send in all of the required documents on time.
- If the university requests an interview, get ready for it.
- After completing all steps, save aside enough money for any necessary expenditures and apply for a student visa for Germany Cyber Security Master.
Top Colleges for Pursuing Masters in Cyber Security in Germany
Some of the top German universities for masters in cyber-security are:
- University of Freiburg
- Technical University Munich
- RWTH Aachen University
- Technical University Darmstadt
- Technical University of Berlin
- Heidelberg University
- University of Passau
- University of Stuttgart
- Technical University Dresden
- University of Goettingen
- SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences
- GISMA Business School
Cost of Studying MS in Germany
Before moving to Germany to study for a Cyber Security Masters’s degree, international students should have a rough understanding of the fees involved with their travel. Foreign applicants must meet the following requirements which are listed here:
- Tuition fees
Students who want to move to Germany to pursue an MSc in cyber security may need to pay for necessities like housing, books, and other materials. Depending on the university and other associated costs, the tuition rates may change. However, annual expenses might be anything between €7348 (INR 5.87 Lakhs) and €28,000 (INR 22.37 Lakhs)
- Living expenses
Depending on their individual interests and way of life, students who wish to pursue an MSc in cyber security in Germany may see a shift in the cost of living. Despite the fact that the average annual costs may range from €9120 (INR 7.28 Lakhs) to €12000 (INR 9.59 Lakhs).
The following scholarships may be helpful to students all over the world:
|University||Scholarships||Amount (in EUR)|
|Technische Universität München||Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship
Paul Foundation Scholarships
|€ 850 (INR 67.9K)
€ 20174 (INR 16.1 Lakh)
|TU Darmstadt||Bhajan Lal Scholarship||Varies|
|University of Freiburg||Kurt Hansen Science Scholarship||€ 21726 (INR 17.3 Lakh)|
|University of Gottingen||British Council IELTS Award 2020||€ 13047 (INR 19.42 Lakh)|
|TU Berlin||Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships||€ 10000 (INR 7.9 Lakh)|
|University of Stuttgart||MAWISTA Scholarship||€ 6691 (INR 5.3 Lakh)|
|University of Passau||Bharat Petroleum Scholarship 2020||Varies|
|Technical University of Berlin||KAAD Scholarship||Varies|
In addition to having the greatest economy in all of Europe, Germany is also thriving in the software technology sector. However, as more businesses and individuals turn to the internet realm for their personal and professional interests, cybercrime activities are increasing. As a result, this is also assisting those who wish to continue their education and pursue professions after earning their degrees from Germany’s top master’s programmes in cyber security. Some of the prestigious roles that may be made available to a worthy applicant are:
|Designation||Annual Salary (in EUR)|
|Chief Information Security Officer||€ 2,08,800 (INR 1.66 Cr)|
|Cross-Platform Security Manager||€ 169,200 (INR 1.35 Cr)|
|Data Security Manager||€ 1,75,200 (INR 1.40 Cr)|
|Information Security Administrator||€ 152,400 (INR 1.21 Cr)|
|Information Security Analyst||€ 152,400 (INR 1.21 Cr)|
Ans: Yes, given that it is in demand and pays well, cybersecurity is a smart career to choose in Germany.
Ans: The national average salary for Cyber Security is €78,655 in Germany.
Ans: In Germany, which has completely embraced digitization, there is a greater need than ever for IT and computer science specialists in all fields. When it comes to company digitization, people’s digital abilities, and digital public services, Germany is one of the most advanced EU nations.
Salary expectations for someone with a master’s in cyber security are high and continue to rise with time and experience. The Bureau of Labor and Statistics estimates that the average yearly compensation for information security analysts is over $95,000. However, the top 10% earn more than $153,000.
We hope this blog helps you in understanding the course better and why Germany is a good option to pursue MS in Cyber Security. To ensure you get selected in one of the top universities in Germany, it’s highly imperative to have your application stand out. Call Leverage Edu today and take the first step towards successfully studying abroad.