Germany has a rich culture and is known as one of the most economically and politically powerful countries in the world. It is not just famous for Hitler or the Berlin Wall but also for its beer, football teams, German cuisine, as the manufacturer of Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Volkswagen, iconic monuments and cathedrals, the Cologne Carnival and Oktoberfest and much more. Being a technologically advanced country, Germany with its world-class education, top-ranked universities and colleges, interesting cities embedded with beautiful landscapes, and a welcoming culture attracts international students to pursue their career and ambitions in Germany. It is a lesser-known fact that you can pursue your career and study in Germany without IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or any English language proficiency test. Want to know how? Let’s explore this possibility through this blog!
Check Out: Free Education in Germany
This Blog Includes:
Let’s first elaborate some of the top reasons that make Germany a renowned study destination:
German universities are consistently ranked among the best universities in the world. They provide standardized education, wide industrial exposure and training to international students. Immense opportunities are offered to every student to grow intellectually in a friendly and safe environment.
Being an industrialized country, Germany offers diversification in degree courses, diploma and certification programs for international students. The country is known for courses in Medicine and Dentistry, Law, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science, Business, Psychology, Architecture, etc. Moreover, almost 150 universities or colleges in Germany provide courses and degrees completely in English.
Globally Recognized Study Plan
The study programs of German universities are equipped with advanced education patterns, modern facilities and infrastructure which is recognised worldwide. The curriculum of every course and the relative subjects covered is planned with an aim to create academically excelling students that have a core understanding of every subject as well as a professional outlook.
Low or No Tuition Fees
Germany focuses on the necessity of higher education to develop a skilled workforce and professionals to uplift the technological and cultural advancements. That’s why German universities strive to provide best quality education with minimal tuition fees. For those planning to pursue higher studies in the country, there are a plethora of free universities in Germany for international students that one can choose from and opt for academic programs at almost no tuition fees.
Recommended Read: MBBS in Germany
Grasp the Intricate German Language
There are various universities in Germany where international students do not have to give an English language proficiency exam or test like IELTS to enrol for admission. However, there are certain universities where one can study in Germany without IELTS. You also get an opportunity to learn the German language while studying in a Western European country. German companies fill top management levels with global leaders building an extensive network of branches across the globe.
Travel & Explore
Germany is popular for World War II and Oktoberfest. It has a wide range of beautiful scenery, important historical sites, fairytale castles and lively party scenes. Located in the heart of Europe, Germany acquires the world’s most powerful economy along with rich heritage. It has a diverse community allowing international students to learn about the German customs and traditions and providing opportunities to make a lot of friends.
Work Prospects for International Students
Germany has immense opportunities for international students to work part-time. These opportunities are beneficial for handling living costs, increasing future employability and learning to live independently. A degree issued by Germany is highly valued and globally recognised making it easier for German graduates to find their place in the demanding international market.
Must Read: Cost of Studying in Germany
How to Study in Germany Without IELTS?
If you haven’t been able to appear for IELTS or don’t have the qualifying scores or for any other reason you won’t be able to submit your language proficiency scores, the best option is to choose a German university that doesn’t require IELTS and apply for your chosen program in the same. The key essentials that you need to keep in mind while applying for an academic institution to study in Germany without IELTS are as follows:
- The university will demand a “Language/Medium of Instruction Certificate (MOI)” which you need to get from the academic institution where you completed your previous program.
- IELTS is not required if a student holds a bachelor’s degree, where English was the language of instruction for that degree course.
- You can also study in Germany without IELTS if English is the native language of your country.
- If you have pursued your bachelor’s degree in English as the discipline such as BA English Literature, you will be eligible to apply for a program at a German university without submitting English proficiency scores.
- Some universities conduct an audio-video interview to check an applicant’s English language proficiency.
However, it is always preferable to check directly with the university, if they require IELTS or any other language-related examination.
If you are planning to study in Germany without IELTS, keep a checklist of the following documents at the time of sending your application to the chosen university as well as for Germany student visa:
- Procure a Medium of Instruction or MOI certificate/ English Proficiency Certificate from the institution where you have studied your previous degree from.
- Once you have been accepted by the German university you applied for, ensure that you get a confirmation letter from the institution that your medium of instruction letter has been verified and you are exempted from submitting TOEFL scores.
- You can use the confirmation letter at your nearest German embassy as the replacement for TOEFL or English Proficiency scores.
List of Universities to Study in Germany without IELTS
IELTS is a test to measure the English language proficiency of individuals wanting to study in a country where English is used as a medium of instruction and communication. But sometimes, this test can become a barrier for non-native English speakers aspiring to study abroad. There are various colleges and universities in Germany which allow students to study in Germany without IELTS, such as:
- University of Siegen
- University of Kaiserslautern
- University of Giessen
- Free University of Berlin
- University of Koblenz and Landau
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences (Hochschule Esslingen)
- Braunschweig University of Technology (TU Braunschweig)
- University of Kiel
- University of Kassel
- The University of Applied Sciences, Ingolstadt (Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt)
- Flensburg University of Applied Sciences
- Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- University of Koblenz Landau
- Technische Hochschule Deggendorf
- University of Passau
- University of Hildesheim
- Ruhr University Bochum
- TH Köln
- University of Freiburg
- University of Siegen
- University of Bayreuth
- University of Bonn
- Chemnitz University of Technology
- Hochschule Stralsund
- Mittweida University
Note: The above-mentioned German universities would require applicants to submit an English Proficiency Certificate (EPC) or Medium of Instruction (MOI) for those who are not able to submit IELTS or language proficiency scores.
We hope that this blog helped you in learning about the opportunities and universities to study in Germany without IELTS. If you are confused about the admission process for a German university, Leverage Edu experts can help you with the application process, tuition fees and student visas so that you can successfully pursue your dream course in Germany.