Through the German Chancellor Fellowship, students get an opportunity to conduct research that contributes to the development of society and the global community. Students who are considered eligible get an opportunity to conduct research for one year with a host/mentor associated with a private or public institution in Germany. If you wish to know more about this German Chancellor Fellowship, then keep reading because we will provide all the details about the programme.
Explore: Top 5 Reasons to Study in Germany
This Blog Includes:
|Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
|The fellowship is an opportunity for prospective leaders & decision-makers from a range of fields like politics, public administration, business & social sector to spend a year/12 months in Germany & explore new solutions to global issues.
|India, South Africa, China, Russia, USA & Brazil
|15th October 2021
|Eligibility for International Students
|Number of Scholarships
Key Details of German Chancellor Fellowship
Here are some of the details you should know about:
- The scholarship is awarded annually and the number of scholarships awarded annually is 60 which is 10 per country.
- Selected students get an opportunity to work on an individual project for upto 12 months starting from October.
- Through this fellowship , eligible students get an offers of pursuing intensive course of the German language for 3 months along with other alternatives
- An application form for the same must be submitted before the deadline.
German Chancellor Fellowship Eligibility
To be eligible for receiving the German Chancellor Fellowship awarded by Alexander Von Humboldt Organisation, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria as specified by the trust organisation. Applicants can be from any industry as long as they have a desire to work on any self sustaining project. We have mentioned the eligibility criteria below:
- Candidates of these nationalities- India, China, Brazil, Russia, South Africa or the USA can apply.
- Applicants from any discipline can apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must hold an undergrad degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
- Applicants must hold interest in fields of politics, media, business, society, culture or administration.
- Applicants must prove proficiency in German or English.
Related Read: Brokerfish International Student Scholarship
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the German Chancellor Fellowship. Candidates must apply before the deadline and submit a list of documents. The documents have been listed below:
- Letter of Motivation
- Letter of Recommendation
- Plan of Project
- Extensive Statement
Applicants are advised to adhere to the deadlines released by notification by the organization.
The Selection Process takes place in April and consists of two rounds.
Round I: Applicants are automatically selected on the basis of merit. Factors that are taken into account: Knowledge and potential to successfully complete the ongoing research project, leadership skills and prior professional/field experience and Potential to promote connections between Germany and (applicant’s) origin country.
Round II: Candidates shortlisted in the round I are called for round II, which includes Personal Interview and Group Discussion.
Explore: Public Universities in Germany
Candidates who wish to apply for this fellowship scheme must regularly be updated about the notification release and must start planning. We have listed the additional grant details provided by the German Chancellor Fellowship programme.
- Fellowship awards an amount of 1.8 Lacs, 2.3 Lacs, 2.4 Lacs per month, based on the level of training.
- Provides funding for intensive German language courses during the fellowship.
- Finances for the applicant’s stay in Germany.
- Provides Family Allowance (per month): EUR 346 (INR 30,000) for spouse and EUR 289 (INR 25,000) for the stay of their child.
- Europe Allowance is offered if a stay is required at an institute in another European country for 1 or 2 months.
- Applicants get an excellent opportunity of meeting German organizations of business by participating in a 2-week study tour through Germany.
- Sponsorship of extensive alumni will be provided to strengthen the knot of the applicant with their host institute in Germany throughout their whole professional career.
- Humboldt Fellowship
- Rutherford International Fellowship
- Newton Bhabha Fellowship
- Raman Charpak Fellowship
- DARC Fellowship
- Smart Graduate Fellowship
- LAMP Fellowship
So, this is all you need to know about the German Chancellor Fellowship. Hope you found this blog to be of help for your application. Planning to pursue higher studies abroad? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu to guide you through the cumbersome application process.