Australia is the world’s 6th largest country and is currently home to around 700,000+ international students. Students from all around the world belonging to different religions, cultures, ethnicity and countries travel to Australia to pursue their higher education in diverse fields. Apart from its scenic beauty, the country has strict student protections laws and amendments along with plenty of job opportunities. It is one of the leading headquarters of education in the world. If you also wish to study in Australia, you are in the right place as we will be briefing our readers about the February intake in Australia.
This Blog Includes:
Latest Travel Guidelines for Feburary Intake 2022
Starting December 1st, eligible international students and skilled workers will be allowed to enter the country without seeking exemption from the travel ban. Earlier, the government had lifted outbound travel restrictions for fully vaccinated Australians from November 1st.
- 2,00,000+ international students, skilled workers and business travelers are expected to arrive in the country in the first week of December.
- Flights across the Sydney-Delhi route will begin operation from December 6th, said the Australian airline company, Qantas.
- International students and working professionals will be allowed to land at the New South Wales and Victoria airports without mandatory quarantine.
February Intake in Australia 2022
The February intake is regarded as the primary or major intake of students by universities across Australia. The intake here in February is when different universities enrol the maximum number of students in a plethora of programs offered in different fields of study. The second major intake for Australia is the fall intake that occurs in July. Like any other country, the primary point is that the February intake in Australia will offer students the most choices of different programs and courses.
Also Read: 5 Reasons to Study in Australia
February Intake in Australia: Timeline
Generally, the timeline of the February intake in Australia for 2022 may take a year and a half times of a student (approx.) to be thoroughly done with the entire application, selection and admission process. Here is a detailed checklist that we have created just for our readers in order to help them find the right time to go about each step and how they should do it.
- April 2021 to September 2021: This period is the foundation or the groundwork for the February intake in Australia for the year 2022. During this period, students must have shortlisted the universities that they want to pitch and respective courses that they want to pursue.
- June 2021 to December 2021: Prepare and take the standardised English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL or PTE and other entrance exams like GMAT, GRE, whatever is acceptable by the universities in Australia.
- August 2021 to October 2021: At this point of time, students must be applying for the shortlisted universities in Australia for the February intake in Australia by signing and filling the application forms, submission of the required documents and transcripts.
- November 2021 to December 2021: Now at this point in time, students have to just wait for a response from the universities’ side. Students only have to wait for an offer letter for the February intake in Australia.
- December 2021 to January 2022: If one has received a positive response from a university regarding the February intake in Australia, students should apply for a student education visa to pursue their undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD from Australia. Students also have to check and organise for education funds and finances along with visa application and approval. For that students can check and research about university’s scholarship programs, scholarships in Australia by the government for international students, student or education loans etc. to finance the university’s fees.
- January 2022 to February 2022: Check for accommodation facilities in Australia, so that before landing there, you must be having a place to reside. One can go for on-campus accommodation facilities (if provided by the university), private hostels, PGs etc.
- February 2022 to March 2022: Now if you have ticked all the above-mentioned items in this checklist, it is the perfect time to book your tickets, pack all your stuff and belongings and to fly and land in Australia, to commence with your classes for the February intake in Australia.
Also Read: MBA in Australia for Indian Students
List of Top 15 Universities in Australia for Feburary Intake
Here is an exclusive list of the leading universities in Australia and their estimated average cost of tuition, which offer February intake in Australia.
|Universities||QS World Universities Rankings 2022||The estimated average tuition fee for 1 year|
|Australian National University||=27||39,000 AUD(INR 22.2 lakhs)|
|The University of Sydney||38||10,000 AUD(INR 5.7 lakhs)|
|The University of Melbourne||37||40,000 AUD(INR 22.8 lakhs)|
|University of New South Wales||43||16,000 AUD(INR 9.12 lakhs)|
|Monash University||58||37,050 AUD(INR 22.1 lakhs)|
|The University of Western Australia||93||25,000 AUD(INR 14.2 lakhs)|
|The University of Adelaide||108||10,000 AUD(INR 5.7 lakhs)|
|University of Technology, Sydney||133||16,000 AUD(INR 9.12 lakhs)|
|University of Wollongong||=193||26,000 AUD(INR 14.26 lakhs)|
|The University of Newcastle||197||26,000 AUD(INR 14.26 lakhs)|
|Macquarie University||192||28,000 AUD(INR 14.8 lakhs)|
|Curtin University||194||9,000 AUD(INR 5.13 lakhs)|
|Queensland University of Technology||–||30,000 AUD(INR 17.11 lakhs)|
|RMIT University||–||33,000 AUD(INR 18.83 lakhs)|
Must Read: Cost of Studying in Australia
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. To study in universities in Australia students must apply from the official websites of the different universities. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to Australia! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for universities in Australia:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, USA students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
Important Documents Required
There are a few important documents required once you get admission in the February intake in Australia.
- All official past academic records and transcripts from a recognised university or education board
- English language proficiency test scores such as IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE. For IELTS, a minimum score of 6- 6.5 and above is required for UG programs and 7-7.5 and above for PG programs for the February intake in Australia
- Other exam scores if required or asked by the university
- Minimum 2 years of work experience if going for PG program
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- At Least 2 letters of references
- Updated Resume or CV
- Passport size photographs
Hence with this, we end our blog on February intake in Australia. Want to study in Australia? Just reach out to our Leverage Edu experts and book your free 30-minute session with them right now. Their expert guidance will help you to land in Australia and pursue your dream course at the university of your choice. Hurry up!!