The University of Melbourne is a leading educational institution based in Australia which is known for its educational excellence. As per the QS World University Rankings 2021, the University of Melbourne is ranked 41st offering cutting edge courses in the domain of Science and Technology, Humanities, Engineering, Business Management amongst many others. It houses more than 52,000 international students which is a gigantic number. However, in order to get selected in this revered institution, it involves the candidate to go through a meticulous application process with a competitive acceptance rate. If you are aiming to be part of the University of Melbourne, here is a blog on the University of Melbourne acceptance rate.
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria for University of Melbourne UG and PG Programs
In order to know the University of Melbourne acceptance rate, it is quintessential to have a detailed understanding of the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below in an organized format for your perusal:
- Make sure that your biographical information is presentable.
- It is essential that you have a 10+2 basic qualification from a recognised academic board like CBSE, ICSE, or State Board with the minimum percentage of marks required.
- Moreover, it is necessary that the prospective candidate has an understanding and command over the English language which has to be demonstrated by undertaking standardised language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- For undergraduate courses, an impressive score in the ACT or SAT exam will supplement a student’s educational career.
- It is important to have a letter of recommendation (LOR) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) which are evaluated during the application process.
- Work experience in a bachelor’s degree and PG courses will take an individual’s educational journey into new heights.
- Scores of GMAT, GRE play an essential role in PG courses.
Note: Details mentioned above are general requirements. Get in touch with the experts of Leverage Edu for course-specific details.
Before moving one, have a look at the MIT Acceptance Rate!
Application Process for the University of Melbourne
Before moving ahead to understand the University of Melbourne acceptance rate, it is imperative to know that it offers admission to multiple bachelor’s degrees, honours degree, year-long diplomas as well as concurrent diplomas in more than 100 areas of study. In order to pave the way for admission into this top-notch university, LORs, essays, academic transcripts, language proficiency tests, research projects amongst many other evaluative standards will form an integral part of a student’s profile.
The University of Melbourne acceptance rate is 70-80%. The acceptance rate of the university gives it a distinctive space in the Australian educational landscape, making it a selective institution. Depending upon the competitiveness and zeal among students, the entry criteria for admission varies. For engineering and management science-based programs, it is harder to be chosen during the selection process as compared to the domains of education and agricultural science. Moreover, for non-native speakers of English, it is necessary to score significantly high on English proficiency tests like IELTS: 7.0, TOEFL (iBT): 94, PTE: 65, and CAE/CPE: 185.
Now that you know the University of Melbourne Acceptance rate,
read this related blog on University of Manchester Acceptance Rate!
Popular Courses and Requirements
To understand the University of Melbourne acceptance rate more comprehensively, it is important to be aware of the major courses and their respective requirements. Tabulated below is such a list that will give a holistic view of the courses.
|Major courses||Core requirements|
|Master of Business Administration||GMAT score should be above 680 and two years of work experience essentially required|
|Master of Engineering (Civil) or (Civil with Business)||Above 65% at the bachelor’s level.|
|Master of Computer Science||At least 75% at the bachelor’s level.|
|Master of Information Technology||65% in bachelors with a minimum of 1 technical program undertaken|
|Master of Science (BioSciences)||Bachelor’s in relevant fields like biomedicine, computational biology, ecology with 65% in bachelors.|
Essential VISA Requirements
Before making the decision of studying abroad, it is vital to have a thorough knowledge of the university’s acceptance letter along with payment agreement and enrollment confirmation. There are certain mandatory visa requirements you can’t do away with. Following criteria are to be taken into consideration for Visa requirements:
- Confirmation of Enrolment
- Health cover for overseas studies
- Temporary Entrant Statement
- English language proficiency proof
- Proof of funds/ financial self-reliance
Must Read: University of Toronto Acceptance Rate
It is a daunting task to carve a niche for yourself in one of Australia’s top-notch educational university. Being clear with the decisive strategies helps in facilitating one’s admission to the university. Enlisted below are some quintessential tips that should be taken into consideration before applying to the University.
- Capacity to take Risks
- Collaborative and Cooperative enough
- One should have the ability to prioritize balance
- Be aligned with the University of Melbourne’s mission
- Filled with Intensity, curiosity as well as excitement
We hope this blog has helped you gather all the indispensable information related to the University of Melbourne acceptance rate. Looking forward to joining the University o0f Melbourne but apprehensive about the acceptance? Let the experts at Leverage Edu take care of your academic journey with their professional counselling. Sign up for your free 30 minutes of e-counselling and unveil new educational opportunities!