As one of the most dynamic countries globally, Australia is in desperate need of skilled talent. Many international students choose to live and work in Australia based on the lifestyle and job opportunities the country promises and deliver. Take advantage of this opportunity by applying for an Australian Work Visa for Indians. This blog collates everything you need to know about Working Visa Australia with its requirements, cost, eligibility, application process and how to get a work permit to kickstart your career in Australia!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Work in Australia?
- Types of Australia Work Visa & Permits
- Australia Work Visa Requirements
- Cost of Working Visa in Australia
- List of Working Visa Categories in Australia
- What is Australia Work Permit Visa Process?
- Key features and aspects of Working in Australia
- How to Apply for a Working Visa?
- Requirements for Post Study Work Visa Australia
Why Work in Australia?
When you get your Australian job visa, you’re not just getting the permit to work in Australia but also an opportunity to enjoy the same fundamental rights as other local employees do. All of this makes Australia an attractive career destination for immigrants. Some of the significant factors that can boost your decision to start working in Australia are mentioned below:
- Australia’s stable economic growth averaging 2.5% per year
- Multi-sector employment opportunities
- High minimum wage and great savings opportunities
- Exceptional social benefits such as accessible health care facilities for all the employees
- Beautiful cities with vibrant multicultural life
Explore these Countries that Give Work Permits after Study
Types of Australia Work Visa & Permits
Below is the list of all the Australian Work Visas, Work Permits, and a few other temporary Working Visa:
- Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa
- Skilled Independent Visa
- Skilled Nominated Visa
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa
- Temporary Work Visa Australia (Short Stay Specialist)
- Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa
- Distinguished Talent Visa
Australia Work Visa Requirements
According to the Point system in Australia, below is classifying or prioritizing applicants for positions based on their characteristics. You should possess most of the following requirements for gaining more points. Here are the Australia Work Visa requirements for Indian citizens:
- Age Requirements: Candidates between 25 and 32 score the most points, while those above 45 do not gain any points.
- IELTS score for Australia Work Visa: Candidates with scores of IELTS test with a minimum of 8 bands – 20 Points
- Australian Study Permit: Must meet the Australian study requirements – 5 Points
- Professional Year: Completion of a professional year in the country – 5 Points
- Regional Study: Living and studying in regional Australia – 5 Points
- Community Language Skills: Interpreter/translator skills in one of the country’s communities languages – 5 Points
Also, know how to get UK Post Study Work Visa
Cost of Working Visa in Australia
Working visa Australia costs vary from time to time. The cost of a Working Visa Australia depends on the date the authorities receive your application. Following are the types of Australia Work Permit Visa fees in AUD and USD both.
|Types of Australia Work Permit Visa||Working Visa Australia Cost||Australia Work Visa Fees in Indian Rupees (On Current Basis)|
|Employer Nomination Scheme Visa||4,045 AUD (2,947 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa||4,045 AUD (2,947 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Skilled Independent Visa||4,045 AUD (2,947 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Temporary Skill Shortage Visa||4,045 AUD (2,947 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa||4,045 AUD (225 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Temporary Work Visa Australia (Short Stay Specialist)||310 AUD (225 USD approx)||16,882|
|Temporary Work Visa Australia (International Relations)||310 AUD (2,947 USD approx)||16,882|
|Distinguished Talent Visa||4,110 AUD (2,994 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Temporary Skill Shortage Visa||Short Term Stream: 1,265 AUD (915 USD approx) Medium-Term Stream: 2,645 AUD (1,927 USD approx)||Short Term Stream: 68,900 approxMedium-Term Stream: 1.4 lakhs approx|
|Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa(Extended Stay Pathway)||360 AUD (262 USD approx)||19,608|
Cost of Studying in Australia: Expenses & Scholarships
List of Working Visa Categories in Australia
Knowing about the various working visa types can help you decide which one best suits your needs and eligibility. There are the following types of work permits:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189).
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190).
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187).
- Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186).
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).
- Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 124).
- Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132).
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188).
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400).
- Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401).
- Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403).
- Special Program visa (subclass 416) for the Seasonal Worker Program.
- Working Holiday visa (subclass 417).
- Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420).
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457).
- New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461).
- Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462).
- Skilled—Recognized Graduate visa (subclass 476).
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).
- Super yacht Crew visa (subclass 488).
- Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858).
- Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887).
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888).
- Business Owner visa (subclass 890).
- Investor visa (subclass 891).
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (subclass 892).
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor visa (subclass 893)
- Maritime Crew visa (subclass 988)
What is Australia Work Permit Visa Process?
The primary ways to applying for an Australia work visa are listed below:
- Check to see which category of work visa your profile qualifies for.
- Make sure you adhere to the points-based Skill select system’s standards.
- Before you may apply for the visa, make sure your employer completes and submits an online nomination/sponsorship form
- Submit the appropriate visa category’s online application.
- Include the necessary data and supporting documentation with your application.
- Pay the required application cost to have your visa processed.
Key features and aspects of Working in Australia
You must be interested in learning about the main characteristics and aspects of living and working in Australia.
The type of visa you have chosen to apply for totally determines the cost of your work visa. Periodic changes are possible. As a result, the charge may have changed by the time your application reaches the authorities if you apply for a visa after checking it. To determine the current cost, you can click on each particular visa category.
How to Apply for a Working Visa?
Here is a quick step-by-step guide that will help you to know about how to get a Working Visa in Australia:
Step 1: Determine the Work Visa category you are eligible for.
Step 2: Make sure you meet the Skillselect requirements to get a Working Visa.
Step 3: Make sure your employer completes an online nomination/sponsorship form before applying for the Visa you can use for.
Step 4: Complete the application form for the Visa category.
Step 5: Submit relevant information and additional documents with your application.
Step 6: Pay your application fee to process your Visa.
Explore the Amazing Student Life in Australia
Requirements for Post Study Work Visa Australia
The Australian government launched the Skilled Migration General Program (Skillselect) in 2013 to replace the Australian Skilled Workers Visa. Skillselect was developed to assess applicants’ skills according to a point system to select immigrants with the right skills. Applicants receive points based on the following how to get a Working Visa Australia eligibility criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree from an Australian university or at least bachelor qualification from another educational institution from a recognized board – 15 Points
- Diploma or trade qualification from an Australian university – 10 Points
- Master’s degree by research or PhD from an Australian university of at least 2 academic years – 5 Points
- Doctoral degree from an Australian university or another educational institution from a recognized board – 20 Points
- Attaining a qualification or award suitable for the occupation – 10 Points
Getting to Australia is relatively easy for people from rich countries. It would help if you still had visas, but they are almost a formality. While there is one part of the country that is doing quite well, many more are struggling.
The most common reason for the denial of your Visa is because the decision-maker believes that the visa applicant cannot comply with the issuance of the Visa that would allow the visitor to visit Australia and return to their country temporarily.
The top occupations currently in demand in Australia are Nurses and Medical Staff, Engineers, Teachers, Software Engineers, Construction Workers, Traders, etc.
Well, yes, you can apply for the Australian PR without IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or any other language proficiency tests.
It is apparently for 12 months. However, there are options to stay for two to three years on your working holiday if you complete regional or farm work specified by the Australian government.
We hope this blog has provided you with enough information about the Working Visa Australia. For working in Australia, getting an Australian academic degree abroad can further help to pave your way for extensive job opportunities. Reach out to our Leverage Edu experts on 1800572000, and we will guide you through every step from the admission process to study abroad Visa!