Students who wish to study in the USA and are considering entering the country in the near future are required to pay a Machine Readable Visa (MRV). This fee is required to start their US visa application process. It is a visa processing fee that is imposed by the government and must be paid, whether your visa is approved or not. Also, the MRV fee is non-refundable in nature. Let us find out more about the MRV Receipt in this blog.
This Blog Includes:
MRV Receipt and MRV Receipt Number
The receipt that is generated following the payment of the Machine Readable Visa or MRV tax is known as the MRV receipt. The MRV receipt number is the unique number found on the MRV receipt. Please be sure that your MRV number may take at least 2 business days from the date of payment.
Is MRV Required?
In general, most of the applicants are required to pay the Machine Readable Visa or the MRV fee. They are bound to do for initiating their US Visa application process to study in the US. Having said that, it is not compulsory for all visa types to pay the MRV. Students or the candidates are highly requested to go and check the official USA immigration website to know whether they are required to pay MRV fee or not. However, students who are entering the country on a US Student Visa type F and Visa type M are required to pay an MRV fee of around USD 160 on an average which is around INR 11,677.
Also Read: 50 Interesting Facts About USA!
How to Register?
How one can register for the MRV fee payment is what we will cover in this segment of our blog. Given below are is the registration process for MRV receipt:
- Firstly, applicants or the candidates are required to log in to the online applicant system and create a candidate profile. This will ensure that the correct MRV fee is paid and turned on in a timely manner. Fees are generally reported in US dollars, but applicants may pay in Indian rupees.
- Secondly, the candidates are required to go and click on the Schedule My Appointment option available on the left-hand on the website.
- Candidates are required to complete all the steps for the Visa Category, Visa Class, Visa Type and the Post as well.
- Once you reach the payment screen option, you are then required to click on the Payment options to pick your chosen form of payment.
- The payment options available for the applicants of India are as follows:
- NEFT or National Electronic Funds Transfer
- IMPS which refers to Payment by Mobile Phone
- Through Axis Bank or Citibank branches in India
- Applicants must choose the most convenient payment option for themselves. Once you have chosen your payment option, complete your payment process.
- Once you have paid your MRV fee, click on the ‘agree’ or ‘continue’ option for the message stating that the fee is a non-refundable visa application processing fee.
- No matter what payment option you choose, you must record your CGI reference number or transaction number.
Note: Applicants are required to save it with the MRV receipt number as it can’t be replaced once lost. An appointment cannot be made without your visa receipt number.
Is MRV Compulsory?
Most applicants interested to take a US Visa are required to pay the MRV fees. It is a visa processing fee that is applicable irrespective of acceptance or cancellation of visa. The MRV fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Here are the cases in which you do not need to pay MRV fees:
- If you are applying for A or G visa for official travel
- If you are applying for J visa to participate in a U.S. Government-sponsored program
- If you already hold a valid visa
- If you are a citizen of Canada or Bermuda
Sample MRV Receipt Number
Here is a sample MRV receipt and MRV receipt number for all of your reference. Please note that the receipt may appear different as this is just a sample MRV receipt. So don’t be scared and just make sure you are paying your MRV Fee on the official and correct site.
Hope you understood everything about MRV Receipt with this blog! If you want to know more about the application and VISA process to study in USA, then Leverage Edu experts are just a call away! Stay connected with us on Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, Quora, and Facebook for the latest educational trends.