Almost all universities offer scholarship programs to international students so that no good candidate loses out on an excellent opportunity. Scholarships for Indians to study abroad are plenty but you have to choose carefully because of the critical eligibility and selection process. Offered by the Golden Key International Honor Society, getting a Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award is a privilege. The scholarship is accepted by over 400 universities across the globe. It is one of those private scholarship programs that is the easiest to apply to.
|Offered by||Golden Key International Honor Society|
|Amount||USD 2500 or INR 2.0 lakhs|
|Application Deadline||15th December 2022|
This Blog Includes:
About the Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award
The scholarship is offered by the Golden Key International Honor Society which is a non-profit organisation based in Atlanta, Georgia. The Golden Key International Honor Society was first formed in 1977 to recognise the academic efforts of undergraduate and postgraduate students who are at the top of their class consistently. Today, they are consistently building relationships with over 400 universities across the globe.
If you wish to apply for the scholarship, you must have completed your undergraduate degree from a recognised university in the world. The Golden Key International Honor Society offers various other scholarships to its members like Joan Nelson Study Abroad Scholarship, the Undergraduate Achievement Grant and the Graduate Scholar Award.
Also Read: ETH Excellence Scholarship
Students will receive a one-time payment of USD 2500 or INR 2.0 lakhs. Multiple winners are announced for this scholarship.
The eligibility requirement to qualify is simple and student-friendly. The scholarship is offered by a non-profit organisation that aims at helping students pursuing graduation and postgraduation. Accordingly, the qualifying process has been made to help students achieve their complete potential. To be eligible for the award, you have to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a Golden Key International Honor Member
- Pursue post-baccalaureate/master’s program of study either full-time or part-time in an accredited university in the world
- Be in your senior or final year of the undergraduate program either part-time or full-time
- Enrol in a post-baccalaureate/master’s program of study either full-time or part-time following the grant is awarded
When you are filling your application form, you have to attach the following documents:
- A Personal Statement of a maximum of 5 pages telling the organisation the status of your education and what course will you be enrolled in the future.
- A 500-word answer to the question:-
- How do you plan to use your post-baccalaureate degree to impact the world through academics, leadership and service?
- 1 Letter of Recommendation from either your current faculty, current or former employer or university familiar with your university or community service.
- All academic transcripts
How to Become a Golden Key International Honor Member?
The main eligibility requirement for the scholarship is to be a student member of the Golden Key International Honor Society. To become a member of this non-profit organisation, you have to be in the top 15% of your class. The members are chosen to this non-profit organisation by invite only.
The Golden Key International Honor Member recognises the students in the top 15% of the class in all the universities they have partnered with and invites them to become a member. In case you are in the top 15% yet not invited, you can go to the Golden Key International Honor Society and fill the application form.
- Go to the member login and apply for the award
- Fill out the program questionnaire in your application form
- Fill in all the personal details as well
- Attach all the documents required
- Submit the application form within the deadline
You will be notified within 120 days from the application deadline about the decision. The Award is majorly applied by the students for the September Intake at the accredited universities in the world.
Whether you are a good candidate for the scholarship will be decided on the following selection criteria:
- Why is the student continuing education?
- What are their future goals in academics and career?
- How does the student feel he/she can truly change the world?
Terms and Conditions
There are no hard terms and conditions for the scholarship as it is a one-time payment type of scholarship.
- You can only use the grant amount of USD 2,500 (INR 1.88 lakhs) for the tuition fees.
- If you have been awarded on the intent that you will enrol in a post-baccalaureate/master’s degree and haven’t done so, the award will be cancelled.
Key Dates 2022
The application deadline for the Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award 2023 is 15th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
You have to be a member of the Golden Key International Honor Society to be able to apply for the Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award.
You have to be in the top 15% of your class to be eligible to be a member of the Golden Key International Honor Society. Once you are a member, you can freely apply for the Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award.
If you are accepted or will enrol in a post-baccalaureate/master’s program once you graduate, you can apply for the Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award.
Under the Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award, the winners are given a one-time payment of USD 2500 or INR 2.0 lakhs (according to the current exchange rate).
You can use the grant given under the Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award for your tuition fees for the program.
The application deadline for 2023 is 15th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
Worried About IELTS? Take a Demo Class with Leverage Live Experts and Learn the Coolest Ways to Ace the Exam in One-Go!
The Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award is easy to apply to and instrumental if you are financially over-budgeted by just a little. To apply to the top universities abroad and make the application journey both easy and memorable, call Leverage Edu experts at 1800-572-000 and book your first counselling session right now for free!