Prime Minister Fellowship for doctoral research is a special scheme formally launched, as a public-private partnership (PPP) between Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India. This is a fellowship that offers 100 positions in different fields for the students and runs several projects under this scheme. This fellowship is a great option for PhD aspirants to get government level research projects. In this blog, let’s understand the complete guide on how a fellow can be awarded a Ph.D. degree with Prime Minister Fellowship for Doctoral Research.
This Blog Includes:
Prime Minister Fellowship for Doctoral Research
Prime Minister fellowship for doctoral research is a scheme that has been initiated by the Science and Research Board, Department of science and technology (Government of India). The scheme is to support Ph.D. scholars with double scholarship (up to Rs. 6 lac p.a), 50% of which will be provided by the government and the rest 50% by a sponsoring industry, for doing research for 4 years and the research fellow will receive Ph.D. degree by doing this industrial research. There are 100 slots of fellowship available annually in reputed research institutes of India. The scheme is implemented by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) on behalf of SERB
Prime Minister Fellowship for Doctoral Research Fellowship Details
Following are the categories & details of the research program:
|No. of Fellowship||100|
|Financial Year||April to March|
|Amt. as per JRF/SRF slabs||INR 6,00,000 per annum( 50% from SERB) i.e. INR 3,00,000|
|Duration||4 years, award – Ph.D. degree|
|Selection||If selected to receive the Prime Minister Fellowship
for Doctoral Research, the candidate will be stripped from the salary of the previous employer.
The candidates of Prime Minister Fellowship for doctoral research should be following:
|Co-Applicant||Industry partner with 50% sponsor|
|When to Apply||Apply within 14 months of Ph.D.
admission/registration whichever date is earlier.
|Qualification||Complete all required academic qualifications in the past.|
|Subject Areas||Science, Technology,
Engineering, Agriculture, and Medicine.
Here are the documents required for the Prime minister fellowship for doctoral research program:
- 10th, 12th, Graduation & Post-Graduation Certificate
- Ph.D. Enrolment & Registration Certificate.
- Scanned copy of Other Degree / Diploma Certificate (if applicable)
- Recent Passport Size Picture
- Profile of host institute
- Bio-data of Ph.D. Supervisor, not exceeding 3 pages.
- Bio-data of Industry Mentor, not exceeding 3 pages.
- Profile of Partner Company with Logo
- Undertaking from the Research Supervisor and Head of the Organization of the Institute.
- Undertaking from the Industry Partner in the Research Project.
- Letter from the Industry Partner on the research problem and the future plans for implementation, if required.
The final selection for the award of SERB’s Prime Minister Fellowship for Doctoral Research will be done as:
- The Intellectual property ownership will be mutually decided by partnering academic institutions, Ph.D. scholars, and the sponsoring industry. SERB & FICCI will hold no right on IP (if any) generated out of the Ph.D. research.
- Awarded scholars will undergo periodic review on the progress of their research work done and achievement of milestones. A Review meeting would be held for scholars to showcase their work.
- Candidates may apply at www.serbficci-iirrada.in.
- Department of Science & Technology, Government of India Mr. S S Kohli.
Director of Department of Science & Technology Ministry of Science and Technology Government of India Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road New Delhi – 110016
- Confederation of Indian Industry Ms. Shalini S Sharma.
Head of Higher Education Confederation of Indian Industry 3rd Floor, IGSSS Building 28, Institutional Area, Lodi Road New Delhi – 110003
PMRF also offers suitable financial assistance to students that include a fellowship of INR 70,000 per month for the first two years, INR 75,000 per month for the 3rd year, and INR 80,000 per month in the 4th and 5th year.
The scheme is for supporting aspiring Ph. D. scholars with double scholarship (up to Rs. 6 lakh per annum), 50% of which will be provided by the government and the balance 50% by a sponsoring industry, for doing research for four years and the research fellow will receive PhD.
PMRF fellowship is exclusive only to scholars pursuing PhD in Science and Engineering/Technology
This was the complete blog on Prime Minister Fellowship for doctoral research. If you are looking for PhD courses in some of the top universities across the world, we have got you! For expert advice on higher studies, connect with us at Leverage Edu for your FREE Consultation Today!