The Clarendon Scholarship is a graduate scholarship program by one of the most prestigious and honoured universities of the world, the University of Oxford. The scholarship program offers around 130+ new scholarships annually to the eligible students. The scholarships are awarded based on the student’s academic records and excellence along with his or her potential. In this blog, we will discuss how Clarendon Scholarships are offered to students in all graduate courses at the University of Oxford.
Also read: How to Get Admission in Oxford University from India
This Blog Includes:
About the Clarendon Scholarship
Originally established to support foreign students, the Clarendon Scholarship began welcoming researchers to Oxford in around 2001. The scholarship program was then extended in 2012 to include students from the UK and the European Union, offering to fund for all fees. Throughout this period, the program’s objective remained unchanged; to assist exceptional graduate students through their studies at Oxford University. Now, every year, Clarendon provides approximately 130 new scholarships. At any time, there are more than 450 students in class at Oxford making Clarendon the University’s largest scholarship program.
This scholarship awards cover tuition and college fees for eligible and selected applicants. Candidates who will be awarded a scholarship on a full-time course will receive a generous annual living subsidy, which will be about or at least £15,000 (INR 13.87 lacs). Students enrolled in part-time courses will receive a study grant to cover non-teaching costs of about £2,000 to £5,000 (INR 1.85 lacs- INR 4.62 lacs). The scholarships are normally offered to students enrolled in full-time courses at the University of Oxford.
Also read: Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in UK
The History of the Clarendon Scholarship
The Clarendon Scholarship was named after its close connection with the famous Oxford University Press (OUP). It further came into being in honour of a philanthropic act by the Earl of Clarendon. This scholarship promotes the University of Oxford’s sole objective and passion for excellence in research, scholarship and education.
Must Read: Oxford University Acceptance Rate
These scholarships are awarded based on students’ exceptional academic performance, merit and their potential. These scholarships are viable in all areas and are open to applicants who apply for a new Masters or MPhil course before the January intake deadline. Besides, the selection criteria can vary slightly according to the discipline and if candidates apply for a teaching or research degree.
Explore: Cost of Studying in UK for Indian Students
Clarendon Scholarship Timeline
The timeline for the Clarendon Scholarship is as follows.
- Those students who are enrolled or are applying for a full-time or a part-time Master’s or DPhil program at the University of Oxford (during January intake) will be declared eligible for a Clarendon Scholarship Program.
- Candidates must have applied into their respective course in order to be considered for the Clarendon scholarship program, by the relevant January deadline.
- No additional documents like the application forms or any other documents are required or needed to be submitted by the students.
- Their application will be considered by the college or university academics, who will assess all their recent and past academic quality and suitability of their application.
- The department will make the final decision. After the decision has been made, they will notify the eligible candidates with a suitable result.
- In parallel, the academics team within different departments will determine who all to nominate for the division of the Clarendon scholarship based on the respected selection criteria.
- After shortlisting all the eligible candidates, the Clarendon Fund Administrator will contact the chosen candidates of the Clarendon Scholarship Program and will provide them with their scholarship offer letter.
- The candidates who are offered with the Clarendon scholarship will have their funding secured as long as they meet the conditions of the program to study at Oxford.
Here are a few quick facts which you must know and keep in mind while applying for this particular scholarship.
- Clarendon offers fully-funded scholarships covering course costs, as well as a subsidy for living expenses during the fee obligation period.
- Applicants will automatically be considered for the Clarendon Scholarship Program if they apply before the January deadline.
- No restrictions are imposed in respect of nationality, habitual residence or field of study.
- The recipients of this scholarship are selected for their exceptional academic merit and potential.
- Candidates who are enrolled in a full-time or part-time DPhil and Master’s course at the University of Oxford will be made eligible for the Clarendon Scholarship Program.
Also Read: Study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
On this note, we end our blog on Clarendon Scholarship by the University of Oxford. Hope that the blog was successful in giving you all the details and insights about this scholarship program. Want to study at Oxford? Then you must reach out to our Leverage Edu experts so that they can help you fulfil your dream to study at your dream university. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.