If you are a student of commerce who is interested in the intricacies of finance and financial management then you might be interested in a course like BFM. It is important to know what stream or discipline you want to specialize in before you opt for a degree in higher education, courses like BFM requires you to be aware of what the course entails and what possible career opportunities can be achieved from them. Here is all the information on BFM course.
Overview- BFM course
Bachelor of Financial Markets is a three-year undergraduate course that specialises in the nuances of financial markets and covers various fields related to financial markets like economics, financial risks, investments, etc. It also involves the practical fields of study like organizing, planning and managing capital resources. If you are interested in the intricacies of how the market functions and want to build a career around it then BFM is a course that might interest you.
BFM Course- Syllabus
This course has been introduced to a few universities recently. The course analyzes the financial markets and researches on the trending market forces and basics of trading in order to better the market growth and resource management. This course requires both practical and theoretical analysis of the market. Here are a few key components of this course which will help you get a deeper understanding of how the course functions:
- Business Ethics and Laws: Business ethics is the study of professional ethics and codes of conduct that are a part of a business environment. One examines these ethics and looks at the application as well as the proper usage of these ethics in order to create an ethical business environment. Business law is the body that governs rules and regulations related to any financial or business transaction.
- Corporate Finance: This field aims to study the financial transactions and capital investments made by firms in order to increase the value of the firm in the market. This field also analyses various actions taken to increase the value of the firm and maximize shareholder value.
- Equity Market: Equity market is the aggregation of the selling and buying of stocks. This field deals with the stock exchange market and the processes and transactions that take place in it.
- Global Capital Market: Global capital market is an international platform where the financial transaction takes place, this is an important area of study because of the interlinkage of current market investments taking place at a global level.
- Financial System: Financial system includes the exchange of money, credit, and finance. This is one of the foundational fields of this course and explores the basics of any financial transaction which may include banks, markets, and other financial services.
- Financial Risk Management: Financial risk management is the practise of managing the assets of a firm in order to prevent exposure to any financial risk.
Courses Offered in BFM Courses
If you are planning to earn a degree in this field then these are the subjects that you will be taught throughout the duration of your degree:
- Principles of Investment
- Micro Economics
- Macro Economics
- Debt Markets
- Equity Markets
- Organizational Behaviour
- Security Analysis
- Taxation for Investments
- Risk Management
Job prospects – BFM Courses
The scope of this course is broad when it comes to the job as well as career prospects. The corporate sector has a lot of job opportunities for people who pursue a degree in BFM. Here is a list of job prospects that you might want to apply for after completing this degree:
- Chartered Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Risk Manager
- Company Secretary
This job requires both practical and theoretical knowledge of the financial market. This course will land you many good job offers at a number of international firms but choosing the desired college and course can be confusing. It might be tricky to choose the best college and course for yourself but with the assistance of the counsellors at Leverage Edu, you can undertake the psychometric and brainstorming sessions that will help you come to an informed decision about your career.