Queen’s University Belfast’s accounting and finance program is consistently placed among the top 10 in the UK, according to the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide. If you are interested in financial markets, institutions, and financial decision-making, this course is for you. You will desire a job in academics or the financial services industry. You desire to learn from and be overseen by esteemed academics. You will investigate how business executives and investors manage their risk as well as how financial markets operate. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in-depth information and practical understanding of financial markets and financial decision-making. Kick start your career with Queen’s University Belfast Finance degree.
This Blog Includes:
|University Name||Queen’s Belfast University|
|Course Name||MSc Finance|
|Eligibility||10 + 2 from recognised board; Bachelors in relevant field; English Proficiency Test scores|
|Careers||Financial Analysts; Fund Managers; Treasurers; Financial Planners; Accountants; Wealth Managers; Financial Economists; Forecasters; Corporate Lenders|
Why Study Queen’s University Belfast Finance Course?
- The Queen’s University Finance course is for the aspirants who have an interest in financial markets and financial decision-making. Moreover, the aspirants can pursue a career in either the financial services sector or academia.
- The students explore how company investors and managers make financial decisions, how they manage business risk as well as how financial markets function. The Program provides a deeper understanding of Finance and the knowledge to move from theory and jump into real-world applications.
- Moreover, students have access to job opportunities at the Smith’s Career Advancement Center. The curriculum is designed to promptly move from financial theories to real-world practice.
Queen’s University Belfast Finance Course Details
The Queen’s University Belfast Finance Course includes the following content
- Statistical Methods
- Instruments, Markets and Institutions
- Economy, Society and Public Policy 1
- Economy, Society and Public Policy 2
- Mathematics for Finance
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Excel and VBA
- Behavioral Finance
- Futures and Options
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Monetary Theory
- Investment Analysis
Placement (internship within the financial industry)
- Corporate Finance
- International Finance
- Financial Engineering
- Financial Econometrics and Data Science
Plus two modules from
- Capital Markets
- Financial Bubbles and Crises
- Fixed Income Instruments
Queen’s University Belfast Finance Course Fees
|Course Name||Tuition Fees|
|MSc Finance||€21,500 (₹17,73,169)|
English Proficiency Scores
The students who have completed their previous education in a country where English is not the mother tongue must provide the university with English Language Proficiency requirements.
|IELTS||A minimum overall score of 6.5 with no lower than 6.0 in each band|
|TOEFL||A minimum overall score of 88 with 24 in Writing, 22 in Speaking and Reading, and 20 in Listening|
- A minimum grade of 65% or above in 10+2 is required
- A 2:1 honors degree within the relevant field.
- The university also considers students with equivalent industrial work experience.
- Minimum English Language Entry Requirement is mandatory for International Students whose mother tongue is not English.
How to Apply?
- The students will have to fill out an application form available on the university website.
- The students will have to prove all minimum eligibility by providing relevant documents
- The students will have to pay a one-time application fee
- The students will have to submit a Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Careers after Pursuing Queen’s University Belfast Finance Course
During the third year of the degree, students of Queen’s University finance course have to complete a 9 to 12 month placement within the financial industry. These placements usually take place in Dublin, Belfast, or London, The placement year gives students excellent connections and experience as well as provides a competitive edge to their resume as they seek graduate employment.
The typical career destinations are as follows:
- Financial Analysts
- Wealth Managers
- Fund Managers
- Financial Planners
- Financial Economists
- Corporate Lenders
Worried about your expenses? Let Leverage Finance be your first step towards fulfilling your dreams!
Finance course at the Queen’s University has consistently ranked amongst the top 10 in the UK by The Times. Moreover, during the third year of the course, students have to complete a 9 to 12-month placement within a financial institution.
Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022 ranked Queen’s at 85 in the world. The university has 13 subjects in the top 200 in the world according to the QS World University Rankings 2022.
Queen’s University has been recognised as one of the leading research-intensive universities in the UK. The research environment of the university is world-leading or internationally excellent.
You should definitely think about pursuing Queen’s University Belfast Finance if you wish to have a bright future ahead. This article provides you with a complete procedure and details on how to apply to the university. However, choosing the right course and university that runs parallel to your interests is very important. For this, I’m sure you’ll be pleased to take the assistance of an AI-based tool at Leverage Edu that gives you personalized suggestions based on your skills, qualifications and interests.