There has been tremendous growth in the financial industries of the world because of which the banking sector has enjoyed a wide range of employment opportunities. This is why pursuing a course in Banking and Finance can help you in building a solid foundation in this field along with understanding the functioning of a bank and financial firms. The interesting part about the different courses in Banking is that anyone from the field of commerce, arts and science can pursue them. Therefore, to make your study conceptualized and comprehensive, a lot of universities and colleges worldwide are accepting international students who are willing to explore the world of Finance and Banking. It’s time for you to explore and choose from the comprehensive list of Banking Courses offered across the globe.
List of Banking Courses
Banking is a diverse field that requires an individual to have a complete understanding of how a bank works and operates on a daily basis. You also need a comprehensive knowledge of the financial industry and banking regulations. A course in Banking familiarises students with the banking system of a country as well as the rules and regulations specified for the operation of different types of banks. As a banking professional you’ll also gain expertise in the following:
- Analysing international stock markets
- Advising investors
- Brokering financial deals
- Creating a budget for different individual and/or companies
- Auditing existing financial records as per the legal guidelines
Let’s take a look at the various courses that you can pursue in the field of banking.
List of Banking Courses: Bachelor’s Degree Courses
Students with a basic knowledge and understanding of the financial sectors as well as cultural and societal forces that affect Banking can look for the following Bachelor’s degree courses in Banking, Finance and related fields.
- BA in Banking and Finance
- BA in Banking and Financial Planning
- BA in International Finance and Banking
- BBA (Hons) Finance and Banking
- BCom in Banking
- B.Sc. in Banking and Finance
- B.Sc. (Hons) Economics with Banking
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Money, Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Business (Banking)
- Bachelor of Business (Banking and Finance)
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Banking and Finance)
List of Banking Courses: Master’s Degree Courses
While pursuing a Master’s degree in Banking, students learn topics related to the deeper concepts of Banking and Finance. While a Bachelor’s degree in Banking coaches one about the financial sector as a whole, a Master’s degree concentrates on a specialized area of the student’s interest. Graduates in Banking are also taught about e-commerce, financial security, global banking services, portfolio management. A PhD in Banking allows individuals to conduct a higher level of financial and market research. Moreover, immense job opportunities in the field of education teaching are also available for professionals in finance and banking.
- MBA in Finance & Banking
- MBA in Global Banking and Finance
- MBA in Islamic Banking and Finance
- MCom (Banking)
- M.Sc. in Banking and Finance
- M.Sc. in Financial Services in Banking
- M.Sc. in Finance Banking and Insurance
- M.Sc. in Banking and Risk
- M.Sc. in Banking, Finance and Risk Management
- M.Sc.in Business Economics, Finance and Banking
- M.Sc. in International Banking and Finance
- M.Sc. in Global Banking and Finance
- M.Sc. in Islamic Banking and Finance
- Master of Law in International Banking
- Master of Banking and Finance Law
- PhD in Banking/Accounting/Finance/Economics/Management Studies
- PhD in Business Administration – Banking and Finance
Note: The duration of a Bachelor’s degree course is generally 3 or 4 years and a Master’s degree course lasts for a minimum of 2 years. It is important to note that the duration of a particular course may vary from university to university or college to college.
List of Banking Courses: Diploma/Certification
Diploma and certification programs in Banking and Finance are designed for students to explore the latest information and knowledge about the emerging specializations in this field. Moreover, they help executives and professionals in the banking sector to gain expertise in their specific work profile. Here is a list of Banking courses constituting of diploma and certification programs:
- Graduate Certificate of Finance and Banking
- Graduate Certificate in Banking Security
- Diploma in Banking Services Management
- Graduate Diploma in Banking
- Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance Law
- Post Degree Diploma in Economics and Global Banking
Note: The duration of a diploma or certification course is generally 1 or 2 years and this may vary from university to university or college to college.
Also Read: Career in Banking
Jobs in banking are always in demand because are always interested in effectively utilizing their money. When the economy is flourishing, people wish to spend their money and when it is in a downfall, people want to invest and save money. In order to manage, save and invest money in a simple and systematic manner, every business, financial firm and the bank needs professionals who understand the demands of the job.
After you’ve chosen the right course from the list of Banking courses given above, it’s time for you to explore the wide range of job opportunities in Banking:
- Investment Banker
- Financial Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Examiner
- Loan Officer
- Budget Analyst
Choosing the right course when planning to start a career in the Banking sector is crucial. If you are unsure about which course is the right one for you, from the list of Banking courses mentioned above, experts at Leverage Edu can help you choose an ideal course that aligns with your strengths and interests.