The fast-paced growth of businesses has given rise to many job avenues. To cater to diverse job roles, the universities have been at the forefront to impart excellence in business education. Business Management is a vast term that encompasses a range of courses that fall under the domain of commerce and deal with the management of a company. BBM courses, pursued at an undergraduate level after 12th class are a viable option for the students preparing for their career in Commerce stream.
This Blog Includes:
What is a BBM Course?
Bachelor of Business Management or BBM is an undergraduate course that is aimed at equipping students with a strong comprehension of a business establishment and its functioning. BBM courses are generally 3 years but some universities abroad offer them for four years. The BBM syllabus covers concepts like Financial Accounting and Principles of Management which is similar to that of a BBA course except for the fact that BBA is inclined towards the administrative part of a business. The course is aimed at developing the leadership and entrepreneurship skills of a student. Covering a vast range of specializations like Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Marketing and Management, BBM is one of the widely pursued courses for those wanting to build a career in Commerce Stream.
Why Study BBM Course?
A BBM degree is recognised all over the world. The following are some of the main reasons to pursue a BBM course:
- The BBM course teaches students how to play a better role and prepares them for a career as an economist.
- The BBM course teaches students about entrepreneurship, financial risk analysis, trading, and commerce, as well as how to develop their interpersonal skills.
- BBM careers are available in both the private and public sectors.
- A BBM degree focuses on personality development, and a degree in the field can lead to a variety of job opportunities.
- Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, and Citi Group are just a few of the top companies that offer lucrative opportunities to BBM graduates.
The undergraduate courses in Business Management cover a range of courses that have different course requirements but the standard eligibility criteria for bachelor level courses in Management are similar which requires you to have completed your senior secondary education from a recognized board with a qualifying score accepted by a particular university. Since the courses at the universities abroad are taught in English, you need to have a valid score in English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL or PTE.
Want to get admission to your dream university abroad? Then, Register Here!
Top BBM Courses
As such universities abroad do not offer BBM courses but their equivalents like BBA are widely offered. However, the courses listed below introduce students to business topics like introduction to business and finance principles. Moving further, students study the theoretical and practical aspects of the business – business ethics and accounting. Besides this, students understand ways to effectively interact with clients.
Some of the popular Business and Management courses at the undergraduate level include:
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelors of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Bachelor of Management in Business Economics
- BBA in International Management
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Economics and Management
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- BCom in Management
- BCom in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- BCom (Hons) in Human Resources Management
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles of Management||Business Regulatory Framework|
|Business Communication and Soft Skills||Business Statistics|
|Financial Accounting||Managerial Economics|
|Business Mathematics||Office Management and Automation|
|Economic Environment of Business||Cost Accounting|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Corporate Accounting||Organizational Behavior|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Research Methodology|
|Indian Financial System||e-Commerce|
|International Trade and Finance||General English|
|Income Tax||Financial Management|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Production Management||Project and Viva-Voice|
|Project Management||Environmental Studies|
|Human Resource Management||Company Law and Secretarial Practice|
|Accounting for Managers||Banking Law and Practices in India|
Top Universities for BBM Courses
The top business schools in the world are known for their rigorous course curriculum that offers an education with a global overview to prepare students for the global market. At some universities, the course is referred to as BMS course. The multicultural environment at the universities abroad and the multidisciplinary curriculum make it perfect for you to carry on your research while going for further studies. Some of the top universities for BMS or related BBM courses are listed below:
|University of Toronto, Canada||INR 42,40,000|
|University of Greenwich, UK||INR 18,70,000|
|The University of British Columbia, Canada||INR 23,20,000|
|McGill University, Canada||INR 12,60,000|
|Coventry University, UK||INR 24,40,000|
|Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada||INR 13,00,000|
|Arizona State University, USA||INR 40,50,000|
|University of Pennsylvania||INR 76,00,000|
|Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands||INR 20,00,000|
|National University of Singapore, Singapore||INR 23,00,000|
Want to Study Abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you!
Because of the growing demand for smart and dynamic business professionals in the corporate world, the BBM degree programme has a broad scope.
- For further studies, BBM graduates can pursue higher degree programmes in respective subjects such as Masters’ degrees, etc.
- Graduates may also find work in retail, distribution, hospitality, and leisure, as well as financial institutions, sales, marketing, and production management.
- One can also work in professional services such as chartered accounting, business consulting, law, taxation, and finance (banking, city markets, insurance).
- Many BBM graduates in India have recently been seen pursuing higher education in fields such as management and law, among others.
- A BBM graduate can advance his or her career in management and marketing by pursuing an MBA or PGDM degree programme, whereas an LLB degree programme will allow them to pursue a career as a Corporate Lawyer.
- Business Development Manager
- Operations Manager
- Relationship Manager
- Associate Manager
- Business Analyst
Bachelor of Business Management (BBM), also known as Bachelor of Management Studies, is a four-year undergraduate programme. The BBM degree is intended to teach students the skills required to assume leadership roles in business and the corporate world.
The average starting salary (approx) for BBM is 3.5-6Lakhs.
According to statistics, BBA has a slight advantage over BBM when it comes to preparing for a CAT MBA course. The BBM course curriculum is more focused on theoretical aspects of management techniques, whereas the BBA course curriculum is more focused on supervisory and managerial roles in the corporate sector.
After pursuing BBM courses, graduates can opt for an MBA abroad. Also, the course opens the door to great employment opportunities in banks, export companies, business houses and the tourism industry. If you are seeking the right university and course for a BMM degree, let our experts at Leverage Edu guide you through the journey of getting selected for your dream business school.