The University of Reading is a public research university in Berkshire, England. It was founded as a University College, in Reading in 1892. The institution also received the power to award its own degrees in 1926 by royal charter from King George V. Reading University has four major campuses. In the UK, the campuses on Whiteknights and London Road are based in the town of Reading itself, and the Greenlands campus is situated on the banks of the River Thames in Buckinghamshire. The university also has an international campus in Iskandar Puteri, Malaysia. Reading offers on-site student accommodation, with its beautiful parkland campus. The Reading university has been arranged into sixteen academic schools. Over the decade’s University of Reading have become an innovator and pioneer, pushing academic boundaries and leading social change. The University of Reading offers courses from pure and Applied Sciences to languages, Humanities, Social Sciences, Business, and the Arts. University feels delighted to host the international student community and welcome individuals from all culture and faith in a warm and friendly environment. Let’s have a look at the popular Reading University Accounting and Finance
|Course Full Name||Accountancy and Finance|
|Course Fee Structure||GBP 20,300 (INR 19.49 lacs)|
|Exam Required||GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS|
|Course Duration||BSc- 3 yearsMSc – 1 year|
|International Students Ratio||35%|
This Blog Includes:
Reading University Accounting and Finance Course
Accounting and Finance courses both BSc and MSc is designed to prepare the students to pursue a career in accountancy firms, financial institutions and multinational enterprises as a financial advisor, accountants, financial experts, auditors, financial analysts and business managers etc. On completion of the degree, students will be well equipped with the core accounting and finance theory with sound technical business and finance knowledge.
Courses offered by the University of Reading are categorised into Undergraduate programs and Postgraduate programs.
- Undergraduate courses offered by the University of Reading include a three-year course on a wide range of subjects in all three themes Art, Commerce and Science. Approximately course in approximately 100 different subjects is offered by the university.
- Foundation Programs offer a direct pathway into the University of Reading. These programs help those applicants who can’t get entry due to a lack of eligibility criteria. It helps students to gain subject-specific knowledge core o excel in the skills required for the chosen graduate course.
- Integrated Master Program is typically a four-year course. Students enrolled in this course will study a bachelor’s course for the first three years and complete a master’s course in the last fourth year. This program is highly accepted by employers sound the globe.
- Master Program in approximately 90 different subjects are offered by the university. The duration of the course is 1 year. Postgraduate purses are available on a wide range of subjects in all three themes Art, Commerce and Science.
- Postgraduate Research offered by the University of Reading are internationally recognised. University annually allocates around 150 entries for post-graduate research studentships and bursaries.
To get admission into the University of Reading for Accounting and Financing BSc and MSc courses applicants must follow the below-mentioned eligibility criteria.
|BSc Accounting and Finance||Applicant must complete Intermediate or Higher Secondary School certificate combined with a successfully completed appropriate foundation/bridging programme.Prerequisites: ABB including A level or AS level Mathematics & English at grade B.IELTS overall score is 6.5 and no band have less than 5.5|
|MSc Accounting and Finance||First-Class score in Bachelor Degree (60%).Applicant’s degree should have at least two accounting modules. Applicant who has a degree without a minimum accounting module should have professional accounting experience.IELTS overall score is 6.5 and no band have less than 6.0|
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for an accounting course at the University of Reading:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
- Graduation transcripts
- Post-graduation transcript if completed
- Evidence of citizenship (Passport)
- Name and contact details of two professional references.
- CV/ Resume (updated)
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Score
- Statement of Purpose
|QS world University Ranking||2022||202|
|Times Higher Education||2022||201-250|
|The Complete University Guide||2022||36th (National)|
|Sunday Times Good University Guide||2022||34th (National)|
The fee for undergraduate courses are regulated by UK government. The B.Sc Accounts and Finance tuition fee for international students at the university of reading is GBP 20,300 (INR 19.49 lacs) annually.
Cost of Living
The living cost at the University of Reading is vary depending upon the type of accommodation and stay duration. The amount is mentioned below in tabular format.
|Accommodation||GBP 130 to GBP 300 (INR 12,500- 29,000)|
|Food||GBP 36 – GBP 52 (INR 3,455- 4,991)|
|Books and Stationery||GBP 11 (INR 1,060)|
|Clothing & Personal Care||GBP 16 – GBP 26 (INR 1,535 – 2,500)|
|Entertainment||GBP 29 (INR 2,785 )|
Scholarships are categorised into mainly two categories i.e., Undergraduate scholarship and Master Scholarship.
|Vice-Chancellor Global Scholarship Award||GBP 4000 (INR 3.84 lacs)||100 scholarships are available to undergraduate international students.Selection process is based on regular academic achievements.|
|Architecture Scholarship||GBP 1000 (INR 96000||Students who are pursuing three years of BSc Architecture course.Scholarship will be provided every three years of the course.|
|School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences||GBP 4000 (INR 3.84 lacs)||2 scholarships are available to postgraduate international students.It is divided into GBP 2000 fee reduction and GBP 2000 bursary.|
The following mentioned companies visit the University of Reading campus to provide placement universities to the students.
- Knight Frank
- Cushman & Wakefield
- Turner & Townsend
University of Reading is a research intensive university in UK. It is well recognised around the world for its expertise in areas such as climate science, business, agriculture, and food science.
Heley Business School is among only 58 orldwide institution granted triple ccreditation by the three largest and most influential business school accreditation associations: EQUIS, AMBA and the AACSB.
Autumn, Spring, Summer are the intake season of Reading University.
To find out more about accounting and finance courses at the University of Reading, contact our experts at 1800-572-000 and get a 30-minute profile evaluation for free.