Are you passionate about designing cars and other automobiles? Do you have a knack for creative thinking? Then pursuing a career abroad in Automobile designing is what you can aim for! Though available in an array of universities across the world, Germany leads the list when it comes to studying automobile related courses. Home to the leading automobile companies like Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Volkswagon, Germany is revered not only for being the leader in manufacturing the finest technologies but also for the quality education it offers in this field through state or the art infrastructure, experienced professors, and a healthy study environment. So, if you are wondering which is the best country for automobile engineering then Germany can be on your top list! Here is a blog that highlights the salient features of pursuing Automobile Engineering in Germany.
This Blog Includes:
Automobile courses or a degree in Automotive Engineering deals with the designing and manufacturing of cars, trains, tanks, etc. It relies heavily on innovations and finding newer ways to enhance contemporary machine technology. Being a subset of Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering has its routes spread over other engineering branches such as Electrical and Electronics, Information Technology, Mechatronics, Material Science, etc. Further, with courses structured to cater to industrial needs, there are innumerable opportunities to explore after graduating in this field from Germany.
Automobile Engineering in Germany: Undergradute Programs
The bachelor’s level courses prepare students for the design and testing of the vehicle and its components. Moreover, students are equipped with a broad range of skills in Mechanical Engineering and Automotive Design. The coursework of Automobile Engineering in Germany combines theory with practice within its study modules along with internship and assignments. You can also explore Car Designing courses or its equivalent to kickstart a career in this field.
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Bachelor in Automotive Engineering
- BEng in Vehicle Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor in Transportation Design
- BTech in Automotive and Vehicle Technology
- Bachelor in Measurement & Control Technology and Instruments (Robot Technology)
- Bachelor in Engineering Technology (with emphasis on CAD/CAM)
- Bachelor in Automotive Engineering with Motorsport
To gain advanced knowledge of various facets of the Automobile sector, pursuing a postgraduation program is necessary. Master-level courses not only help in skill development but also provide a platform to specialize in a particular area. With an aim to enable students to handle the emerging next-generation technologies, colleges in Germany use contemporary methods and techniques to train them for the fast-paced industry. Enlisted are some of the popular postgraduation courses for Automobile Engineering in Germany:
- MSc in Composites- Focus Aviation
- Master in Automotive Computing and Communications
- MS Automotive Engineering
- MEng Automotive Engineering
- Master in Intelligent Manufacturing and Control Engineering
- Master in Automotive Mechatronics and Management
- MEng in Automation and Manufacturing Systems
- MEng in Automotive Designs
- MEng in Design and Development for Mechanical and Automotive Engineering
Students who want to pursue Automobile Engineering in Germany have to fulfill the following eligibility conditions to get enrolled in one of the top colleges in Germany:
- The students have to complete 10+2 from a recognized board of education if enrolling for the bachelor’s program.
- If you’re going for a master’s degree, then graduation in a relevant field is a prerequisite.
- Proof of work experience, if required.
- English language proficiency test scores – IELTS/TOEFL/PTE.
- In case, you are opting for German as an MOI, then you have to clear TestDaF or DSH tests.
- Documents like SOP, LOR, resume, cover letter, etc also have to submit.
International students who want to apply for a master’s degree in automobile engineering in Germany must submit the following documents:
- Recognized Bachelors Degree
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- Relevant Professional Job Experience
- Letter of Motivation
- Letter of Reference
Best Universities for Automobile Engineering in Germany
With an ascending demand for Automobile engineers and their innovations all over the world, the top and premier Automobile Engineer colleges in Germany have started catering to the students with the best of education in the subject matter. Enlisted are some of the renowned universities from where you can study Automobile Engineering in Germany:
- RWTH Aachen University
- Technical University of Ingolstadt
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- TU Dortmund University
- Technical University of Munich
- TH Koln- University of Applied Science
- Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences
- University of Bayreuth
- Technical University of Berlin
Student Visa to Germany
The checklist for a German student visa includes:
- An application form with a cover letter stating the purpose and duration of stay
- A valid passport
- Two recent photographs
- Acceptance letter from German University
- Academic transcripts and certificates
- A German language proficiency certificate or proof that you intend on pursuing a language course in Germany
- Proof of a valid private or public health insurance
- Proof of economic status to study in Germany with the availability of about 8,700 euro per year
Enrollment requirements can change depending on the university of your choice, but overall the following documents are required:
- Admission Letter
- Translated copies of your bachelor grades
- A valid passport
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Proof of Financial Means
Automobile Engineering in Germany Costs
The table below shows the pre-arrival expenses in Germany:
|Expenses||Fee (in EUR)|
|German Test Fees||100|
|Student German Visa Application||60-75|
The table below shows the program fee for masters in automobile course in german universities:
|University||Total Program Fee (in EUR)|
|RWTH Aachen University||873|
Cost of Living
The estimated cost of living in Germany are:
|Expenses||Cost per Month (in EUR)|
|Book and Supplies||30|
|Meals and Beverages||165-200|
|Internet and Telephone||35|
Hopefully, we have provided you with the best information on the different courses and colleges offering Automobile Engineering in Germany. If you want to make a big impact on people everywhere by joining an industry that is internationally thriving, consider Automotive Engineering to take your career further! Looking for the best career assistance? Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu and get yourself enrolled in one of the leading universities abroad.