PGDM or Postgraduate Diploma in Management is a 1 to 2-year course offered by universities in the United Kingdom. For international students who are looking to start a career in the UK, a PGDM can provide excellent opportunities. You can find course-based, research-based or a combination of both curricula in PGDM programmes. If you want to know more about PGDM in UK and why you should pursue it, then keep reading!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Pursue PGDM in the UK?
- List of PGDM Courses in UK 2022
- Top Universities & Colleges Offering PGDM in UK
- Is PGDM equivalent to an MBA in the UK?
- Eligibility for PGDM in UK
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- Application Process
- Cost of Studying PGDM in UK
- Cost of Living in the UK
- Jobs after PGDM in UK
- Top Recruiters after PGDM Courses
- Other Top PG Courses in the UK [BONUS]
Why Pursue PGDM in the UK?
You may wonder why you choose a diploma rather than a Masters degree. Here are the reasons why you should pursue PGDM in the UK:
- Time-efficient: You can pursue a PGDM as a part-time or a full-time course. The duration of the course is around 30 weeks and it can be done part-time as well. PGDM is a contribution to a Master’s degree as both are on the same level.
- Save money: You can save money as well as earn money if you are pursuing PGDM part-time. Moreover, you can get something to add to your resume just after a year as opposed to an MBA, which is a full-time course.
- Oriented for career growth: You can boost your career with the practical-knowledge focused curriculum of PGDM. This helps you to develop industry-oriented skills.
- Quality of life: When you pursue studies in the UK, then you get access to the best universities, brilliant resources and trustworthy experts.
- Increase your potential: when you access PGDM in the UK then you can enhance your previous skills which also takes you towards getting paid more.
Also Read: PGDM vs MBA – An Unbiased Comparison
List of PGDM Courses in UK 2022
If you are planning to pursue PGDM in universities in the UK then here is the list of affordable PGDM courses in the UK.
|Career Development and Management PGDip||Coventry University||INR 9.6 Lakhs|
|Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Business Education||University of Manchester||INR 20.2 Lakhs|
|Business and Public Service Interpreting PGDip||University of Leeds||INR 14.3 Lakhs|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||University of Birmingham||INR 19.2 Lakhs|
|Information Management & Preservation PGDip||University of Glasgow||INR 13.0 Lakhs|
|PG Certificate in Business Administration (Football Industries)||The University of Liverpool||INR 9.1 Lakhs|
|Diploma in Accounting and Finance||London School of Economics and Political Science||INR 27.2 Lakhs|
|PgDip in Social Science Research Methods (Management and Business Studies)||Cardiff University||INR 17.7 Lakhs|
|PgDip inHuman Resource Management||University of Exeter||INR 15.6 Lakhs|
|PGDip in NGO Management||CITY, University of London||INR 10.5 Lakhs|
Top Universities & Colleges Offering PGDM in UK
|Name of the University||QS World Ranking 2022|
|University of Oxford||#2|
|University of Cambridge||#3|
|Imperial College London||#7|
|University College London||#8|
|University of Edinburgh||#16|
|University of Manchester||#27|
|King’s College London||#35|
|University of Warwick||#61|
|University of Bristol||#62|
Is PGDM equivalent to an MBA in the UK?
PGP and PGDM courses are not equivalent to MBA. PGDM is considered to be a notch below the level of an MBA in the case of the UK. These courses are not recognised by international universities as equivalent to an MBA degree. However, both of these courses offer roughly the same job opportunities to an international student in terms of scope as well as average salaries.
Also Read: Part-Time Jobs in UK for International Students
Eligibility for PGDM in UK
- If you want to pursue PGDM in the UK then you must have at least an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Universities generally accept students from any undergraduate background for admission to their PGDM course. However, some universities may have more specific requirements in terms of the subjects of the undergraduate degree.
- You must have a minimum score of 70% to 80% in your undergraduate degree.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- You must have standardised test scores and GRE or GMAT scores, depending on the university. Although GMAT is considered to be the standard exam for management admissions, many universities have started accepting GRE scores as well.
- You must also satisfy the minimum English proficiency requirements of the university. The minimum scores required often are in the range as mentioned below.
Also Read: Make your Test Scores Skyrocket with Leverage Live – Sign up today!
Postgraduate Diploma in Management is for a tenure of 1 to 2 years and have 2 to 4 semesters. The application process for this course is university-specific and requires completing multiple steps from signing up on the application portal of the university to submitting multiple documents and fulfilling the entire criteria.
Leverage Edu provides end-to-end assistance to make study abroad applications a breeze. If you want to enrol for PGDM courses in the UK at your dream university then you can call 1800 57 2000 to take assistance from Leverage Edu experts for the further application process.
Cost of Studying PGDM in UK
The average tuition fee for PGDM in the UK is INR approximately 14.67 Lakhs. It is estimated that the fees for PGDM courses in the UK can be as high as INR 65.1 Lakhs at the University of Oxford. On the other hand, the course is also available at INR 9.1 lakhs at the University of Liverpool. Thus, the price for the course can vary. There are an array of scholarships provided to students as an aid to pursue PGDM in the UK. However, a student still needs to have a good financial plan in place before they can take admission to their dream university abroad.
Cost of Living in the UK
If you are an Indian student and want to probe in the UK, then you may have queries after comparison of cost of living in India and the UK. According to the reports it is estimated that to pursue studies in the UK and to live in the UK would cost you around INR 19 lakhs to INR 39 lakhs depending on the courses and states in the UK.
Calculate your living expenses in the UK easily with Leverage Edu’s Cost of Living Calculator.
Jobs after PGDM in UK
The various job profiles after completion of PGDM in the UK with their average salary are :
|Job Profiles||Average Salary (in INR)|
|HR Officer||32.73 Lakhs|
|Business Manager||29.43 Lakhs|
|Sales And Business Manager||29.43 Lakhs|
|Business Development Representative||26.94 Lakhs|
|Commercial Manager||40.91 Lakhs|
|Finance Manager||48.89 Lakhs|
Top Recruiters after PGDM Courses
|AG BARR PLC||GBP 23,949.6 (INR 23.94 Lakhs)|
|Amazon||GBP 50,892 – 121,743 (INR 50.89 Lakhs – 1.21 cr)|
|Deloitte||GBP 62,225 (INR 62.22 Lakhs)|
|Goodman Manson||GBP 29,937- GBP 34,926 (INR 29.93 Lakhs – 34.92 Lakhs)|
|Morgan Law||GBP 39,916 (INR 39.91 Lakhs)|
|British Army||GBP 32,731 (INR 32.73 Lakhs)|
|Veolia||GBP 23,969.4 – GBP 24,947 (INR 23.94 Lakhs – 24.94 Lakhs)|
|Globe Locums||GBP 19,958 – GBP 34,942 (INR 19.95 Lakhs – 34.92 Lakhs)|
|NFU Mutual||GBP 27,192.77 (INR 27.19 Lakhs)|
|IBM||GBP 17,962 – GBP 18,960 (INR 17.96 Lakhs – 18.96 Lakhs)|
Other Top PG Courses in the UK [BONUS]
|Name of the course||Fees|
|MBA in UK||GBP 400 – 879 (INR 40,000 – 87,900)|
|MS in Computer Science in UK||GBP 300 – 340 (INR 30,000 – 34,000)|
|Masters in Architecture (M.Arch) in UK||GBP 210 – 400 (INR 21,000 – 40,000)|
|MS in Management in UK||GBP 230 – 300 (INR 23,000 – 30,000)|
|MS in Marketing in UK||GBP 200 – GBP 260 (INR 20,000 – 26,000)|
|MS in Psychology in UK||GBP 230 – GBP 530 (INR 23,000 – 53,000)|
The average cost of living in the UK majorly varies by two factors – your city of study and your lifestyle. Click here to know about the cost of living in the UK.
The scholarships offered after PGDM include –
1. Trinity Hall
2. Stevenson Funds
3. Alumni Scholarship
4. John Fisher High-Performance Scholarship
5. Hilde Himmelweit Scholarship
Coventry University, Imperial College of London, King’s College London, University of Manchester and University of Warwick are the different universities that offer placements after the PGDM course.
Are you planning to pursue a PGDM course at top-ranked universities in the UK? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.