The University of the West of Scotland is a public university with four campuses in south-western Scotland, in the towns of Paisley, Dumfries, Blantyre, and Ayr. It also has a campus in London, England. The University has its roots that can be traced back to the late 19th century. The University of the West of Scotland has undergone a number of name changes and mergers over the last century, resulting in its gradual expansion through the West of Scotland region. While the university holds a regional reputation for vocational undergraduate and postgraduate courses, the University of the West of Scotland MBA is one of the best courses in the university. The university has 16,105 students, with approximately 1300 staff, spread across all the six schools of learning.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study MBA at the University of the West of Scotland?
- The University of the West of Scotland MBA Program Overview
- The University of the West of Scotland MBA Course Details
- Admission Process
- English Language Requirements
- The University of the West of Scotland MBA Application Deadlines
- Career Prospects after the University of the West of Scotland MBA
|Name of University||The University of the West of Scotland|
|Name of Course||The University of the West of Scotland MBA|
|Course Fees||£13,325 (₹13,19,175)|
|Eligibility Requirements||10 + 2 from recognised board; Minimum 50% Marks; English Proficiency Test scores|
|Career Prospects||Brand Manager; Market Research Analyst; Sales Manage; Marketing Manager; Product Manager; Internet Marketing Manager|
|Average Salary||₹10 lakhs per annum|
Why Study MBA at the University of the West of Scotland?
The University of the West of Scotland MBA programme is supported by its own virtual learning environment. The MBA Online World allows students to study online with other students and provides access to MBA core texts.
The University of the West of Scotland MBA program lets students identify contemporary business practices and relate these back to theories and concepts.
Such training helps in providing an integrated approach that helps the student in understanding the role of business functions. The university provides practical examples and case studies that enable the University of the West of Scotland MBA graduates to develop the skills and competencies that are needed to be successful managers. Graduates from the University of the West of Scotland MBA will be able to effectively respond to unpredictable challenges in global as well as national competitive business environments.
The University of the West of Scotland MBA Program Overview
The University of West Scotland has a respected Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree that reflects on the evolving nature of business and the global challenges facing business leaders.
University of West Scotland MBA will develop your:
- Strategic analytical skills
- Enquiring and adaptive thinking
- Business intuition
The university programme provides core business knowledge and understanding alongside a strong emphasis on developing the applied managerial skills that are vital for effective business leaders. The MBA programme produces high-calibre graduates who can effectively respond to unpredictable challenges that may be prevalent in global competitive business environments.
The selection of option modules offers five specialist areas: leadership, finance, enterprise, risk management and health service management. The aspirants select one of these.
The University of the West of Scotland MBA Course Details
For the University of the West of Scotland MBA Postgraduate Diploma the students will need to study the following core modules:
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making (core, 20 credits)
- Influencing Organisational Strategy (core, 20 credits)
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and the Market (core, 20 credits)
- Managing Organisational Health (core, 20 credits)
- Integration of Business Functions (core, 10 credits)
To complete the Postgraduate Diploma, the students will also require to successfully pass 30 credits made up of optional modules, including:
- New Venture Creation (optional, 10 credits)
- Leading change (optional, 10 credits)
- Business Creativity (optional, 10 credits)
- Influencing Organisational Culture and Change (10 credits)
- Advanced Financial Functions (optional, 10 credits)
- Global Finance (optional, 10 credits)
- Responding to Health Service Challenges (optional, 20 credits)
- Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management (optional, 20 credits)
Successful completion of the University of the West of Scotland MBA Postgraduate Diploma allows the students to proceed to the master’s dissertation module consisting of:
MBA Strategic Business Project / Dissertation (core to MBA, 60 credits) gives the students an opportunity to undertake traditional, and research-based dissertation, or on the other hand an in-company research investigation/business plan development.
The aspirant is expected to satisfy at least one of the following admission requirements:
- Possess a degree awarded by a recognised institution with a minimum score of 50%
- Have completed pre-masters or other foundation courses
- Relevant work or professional experience is preferred
- Other academic, vocational or professional qualifications deemed equivalent may also be considered during admissions.
English Language Requirements
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University requires them to submit a minimum score on the English Language proficiency tests. The qualifications mentioned below must have been gained within two years of the start of your course.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (ie not the General Training module)
- The overall score should be no less than 6.0
- No sub-test score should be less than 5.5
- Exceptions to IELTS scoring may exist for some accredited or professionally-recognised courses
The overall score should be no less than 78; no sub-test score should be less than
- Listening: 17
- Reading: 17
- Speaking: 17
- Writing: 17
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): Minimum 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Minimum 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English
- Pearson Academic English (PTE): An overall score of 54 with no section below 51 (for programmes that need a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 with no element below 5.5).
- An overall score of 61 with no section below 51 (for programmes that need a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 with no element below 6.0)
How to Apply?
The aspirants should visit the university website for the full admission procedure. The applicants will have to fill out an application form in order to apply for any course. The application form may have an application fee, so the students are requested to check for the same.
Apart from this, the aspirants will have to submit official transcripts and documents of their various qualifications.
- English proficiency test scores
- Graduation certificates from recognised institutions
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose
- Letter of the Recommendation
The University of the West of Scotland MBA Application Deadlines
|January||Aug 1, 2022|
|September||Apr 1, 2022|
Career Prospects after the University of the West of Scotland MBA
Graduates of the University of the West of Scotland MBA go on to pursue leadership roles. The course provides the rigorous knowledge and skills necessary to operate effectively as a strategic and general manager. Some of the posts that a person that has graduated from this course might pursue are:
- Brand Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Product Manager
- Internet Marketing Manager
- Media Planner
Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree reflects the evolving nature of business. It prepares students for global challenges. The MBA course will train students to identify contemporary business practices by relating to historical theories and concepts.
The University of the West of Scotland, formerly the University of Paisley, is a public university. It has four campuses, in the towns of Paisley, Blantyre, Dumfries and Ayr, along with a campus in London, England.
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide has ranked the University of the West of Scotland in the top 3 universities in Scotland in terms of teaching quality in the top 5 for students to experience and graduate prospects.
The University of the West of Scotland, especially the University of the West of Scotland MBA has a selective admission policy. The admissions are based on students’ past academic records and grades. The admission rate ranges between 70 to 80%, making this University a somewhat selective institution.
Delve into pursuing an MBA at the University of the West of Scotland if you want a bright future ahead. We know choosing the right course and university that runs parallel to your interests is very important. For this, I’m sure you’ll be pleased to take the assistance of an AI-based tool at Leverage Edu that gives you personalised suggestions based on your skills, qualifications and interests. Contact our experts at Leverage Edu they will assist you in your study abroad endeavour. To get a free consultation from us call us at 1800 572 000 now!