Birmingham has a long history of reducing educational barriers to allow the most academically gifted pupils to reach their full potential in learning and education. In keeping with tradition, they are happy to announce the Birmingham Masters Scholarship, which will attract and support the world’s most academically gifted overseas students pursuing Masters’s degrees during the academic year 2022/23. A total of 40 scholarships for up to 10,000 GBP (INR 10,18,070.71) will be given out. This prize will be taken from each successful scholar’s total tuition fees.
Also Read: MBA in Birmingham Universities!
This Blog Includes:
About The University
Queen Victoria established the University of Birmingham by Royal Charter in 1900. As one of the most well-known universities in the United Kingdom, it has been involved in several groundbreaking discoveries by its researchers, including gaseous diffusion and cavity magnetron. In addition, the university developed Birmingham Heroes, a program that incorporates key scientific projects such as gravitational force observations and energy-efficient cooling. The University of Birmingham is a British university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
Eligibility for Birmingham Masters Scholarship
ThisBirmingham Masters scholarship is open to all taught Masters’s programs, with the exception of those at the Birmingham Business School, where separate MSc and MBA scholarships are available. Candidates must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Have been offered and accepted a place on a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus for the academic year 2022/23.
- To qualify, you must be a ‘domiciled’ citizen of one of the qualified nations.
- For tuition fee purposes, the University will classify you as an overseas fee payer.
- In September/October 2022, they will begin their studies at the University on an on-campus course.
- By June 30, 2022, you must have paid the normal £2,000 (INR 2,03,398.80) admissions deposit.
- Be intellectually outstanding, and be able to demonstrate this in your scholarship application statement. Candidates should have, or anticipate to achieve, a first-class overall grade in a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (at least 70% in the UK system). For example, a first-class degree in the United Kingdom is equivalent to the following grading systems in the United States, India, Nigeria, and China:
- In the US GPA system, 3.5 out of 4.0 is considered excellent.
- In India’s grading system, 70% is considered good.
- The Nigerian grading system assigns a score of 3.5 out of 4.0, 4.5 out of 5.0, or 6.2 out of 7.0.
- A top-tier Chinese university granted an 85 percent mark, whereas a mid-tier Chinese university awarded a 90 percent grade.
This grant is not available to students who have received a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from another internal or external source. Those who are eligible for other partial grants may be able to combine this scholarship with others.
How to Apply for the Birmingham Masters Scholarship?
This is a competitive scholarship, and individuals who meet the qualifying standards indicated above and have been offered and accepted a Masters’s degree at Birmingham are encouraged to apply for it by filling out the online scholarship application form below. Please fill out the form completely and accurately, since incomplete applications will not be accepted and cannot be changed after they have been submitted. Please only fill out the scholarship application form once; multiple applications will be rejected, and we will only look at your first submission.
Selection Process and Awarding
After the deadline has passed, the scholarship applications will be gathered and a long list based on the information supplied will be created. Shortlisting and selection committees made up of academic and professional services employees from all the University’s five colleges will be entrusted with identifying those candidates who demonstrate the highest academic talent.
Candidates that are chosen will be notified by email. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications submitted, they will only be contacting those who have been chosen.
By July 31, 2022, the University will make every effort to enter scholarship information into each student’s CAS record for visa application reasons (this note will be available to UKVI but not to the student). The scholarship, which will be applied as a tuition fee reduction, will be provided to the successful candidates upon their registration in September 2022.
Worried About IELTS? Take a Demo Class with Leverage Live Experts and Learn the Coolest Ways to Ace the Exam in One-Go!
Applicable for Countries
Candidates must be ‘domiciled’ in one of the countries listed below:
- China (PRC)
- Hong Kong (SAR of PRC)
The application date for this scholarship is June 30, 2022, at 23:59 (UK time / GMT+1).
Please keep in mind that scholarship recipients must be able to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham (plus any visa/travel charges associated with studying in the UK) as well as pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
If an applicant accepts this scholarship, they will be expected to assist the University in promoting and marketing the university and its courses when acceptable requests are made (for example, by providing profiles, testimonials, and engaging in other ambassadorial work as and when required).
If you opt to postpone your programme start date until September 2023, you will no longer be eligible for this scholarship, as it is only available for September 2022 programmes. Students applying to the Birmingham Business School are not eligible for this award, but they are eligible for the Business School’s other MSc and MBA scholarships. This award is not available to students who wish to pursue a course only through a “distance learning” programme.
Want to study in the UK and Birmingham? Then call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 and save your time and money with the best guidance on top universities, scholarships, loans, and waivers for 2022!