The University of Gloucestershire, a public university in England, has been providing quality education to students from around the world since 1847. The University of Gloucestershire began as the Cheltenham Training College for teachers, which is now our Francis Close Hall campus, and was founded by the Reverend Francis Close (FCH). The Accounting course at the University of Gloucestershire is well known in the world. A lot of students enroll in the Accounting course at this university. We bring you a blog with detailed information about pursuing an University of Gloucestershire Accounting course.
This Blog Includes:
- Top Reasons to Study at University of Gloucestershire
- Ranking of University of Gloucestershire
- University of Gloucestershire Accounting – Overview
- University of Gloucestershire Accounting Accounting – Course Details
- University of Gloucestershire Accounting – Subjects/Syllabus
- University of Gloucestershire Accounting – Qualifications/Courses
- University of Gloucestershire Accounting – Admission Requirements
- Admission Deadline 2022/2023
- Living Cost at University of Gloucestershire
- Recruiting Companies at the University of Gloucestershire
|Type of University||Public|
|No. of Campuses||3|
|No. of Staffs||1,500|
|Mode of Course||Full-time, Part-time|
Top Reasons to Study at University of Gloucestershire
- In total, the University of Gloucestershire’s programs include about 80 UG courses and almost 57 PG courses, as well as around 20 research degrees.
- Last year, the university earned 14 national teaching grants that provide core industry education to develop related skills.
- The University of Gloucestershire has a 95% employability rate, with over 4,000 graduates receiving competitive job placements all over the world.
- A 10-year Memorandum of Understanding is there between the University, Gloucestershire College and South Gloucestershire and Stroud College to support access to higher education.
- The university has programs with various collaborative partners in the UK and in 5 countries abroad including Malaysia and Zimbabwe.
- The university is also a regular participant in the ERASMUS program and the only university in the UK to be part of the BCA program offering semesters. Abroad, especially with the USA.
- The university is affiliated with ERASMUS, BCA and Universities UK.
Ranking of University of Gloucestershire
|University Ranking (UK) – The Complete University Guide 2022||#98|
|University Rankings – The Guardian 2022||#71|
University of Gloucestershire Accounting – Overview
- Students focus on all aspects of accounting, from financial markets and institutions to the global business environment and meet the expectations of global accounting bodies, resulting in maximum exemption from professional exams such as ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, and AIA upon graduation.
- Students have access to real business experiences and challenges. Simulations with companies in the accounting industry are integrated on their undergraduate degree and support their learning with the real-world application.
- Students will use live financial data in the Thomson Reuters trading room at the University of Gloucestershire and receive industry insights from specialist guest lecturers.
- The 18 million development houses the University of Gloucestershire’s courses in Economics, Marketing, Human Resources, Law and Accounting and Finance.
- Learn through student-led workshops, seminars, group work, reflection exercises, computer workshops, presentation challenges. Students’ personal tutors will provide academic support and help them develop their careers based on their interests.
- Students have the opportunity to work with leading accounting and finance companies abroad as part of their international journey and may complete a job.
- Later in their studies, students specialise in topics such as tax principles and practices, corporate responsibility, and social and environmental accounting.
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
University of Gloucestershire Accounting Accounting – Course Details
The duration of the Accounting course is about 3-4 years, in case of a Bachelor’s degree and about 6 months to 1 year for Master’s degree. The course starts in September.
112 UCAS fee points, BBC at A-Levels, DMM at BTEC, or a Merit at your T-Level. If you use a combination of qualifications to achieve the required UCAS fee points, they must have at least 2 A-Levels, a BTEC or equivalent include assessment.
University of Gloucestershire Accounting – Subjects/Syllabus
- Business Decision Making
- Academic Skills Development
- Introducing the Business Environment
- Specialist Project
- Introduction to Business Law
- Applied Quantitative Techniques
- Accounting and Finance in Society
- Introduction to Management Accounting
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Professional Skills
- The Global Business Environment
- Financial Economics
- Audit in Context
- International Field Trip
- Taxation – principles and practice
- Data Analytics
- Integrated Project Management
- Forensic Accounting
- Accounting or Finance Placement
- Financial Planning
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
University of Gloucestershire Accounting – Qualifications/Courses
|Accounting Course Options||Duration|
|Accounting and Business Management BA – Part Time||3 Years|
|Accounting and Business Management BA (Hons)||4 Years – With placement year|
|Accounting and Business Management BA (Hons) – Part Time||–|
|Accounting and Finance MSc – Full-time Short||6 Months|
|Accounting and Finance MSc – Part Time||1 Year|
|Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) – Full Time||3 Years|
|Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) – Full Time||4 Years – With placement year|
|Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) – Full Time||4 Years – With foundation year|
|Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) – Part Time||–|
University of Gloucestershire Accounting – Admission Requirements
- Academic Qualifications
Students must have an official high school diploma to be admitted. Students must achieve an overall average of at least 3.0. In addition, they also accept the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 26 points or the International Advanced Placement Diploma with an average grade of 3 or higher for entry into undergraduate programs.
- Indian Students Eligibility
Successful completion of the Higher Secondary Certificate or Indian School Certificate or Standard XII with at least 65% of the ICSE and CBSE boards.
- In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent test to be admitted to this program.
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
- Application form
- Academic Transcripts for 10th, 12th class, and bachelor’s degree
- English language test scores – IELTS Academic, TOEFL iBT, C1 Advanced, PTE Academic or Duolingo
- Medium of Instruction Certificate
- Other entrance exam scores like Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT Exam), GRE, GMAT
- Birth certificate
- Reference letters, if required
- Copies of degree or diploma certificates, if applicable
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Research proposal or Portfolio
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores.
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Admission Deadline 2022/2023
The admission deadlines for international students are –
|Sessions||Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions|
Living Cost at University of Gloucestershire
|Cost||Amount per annum|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|British Chevening Scholarships for International Scholarships||INR 15,81,259||Yes|
|Felix Scholarships||INR 76,74,340||Yes|
|Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarship||Variable||Yes|
|A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarship||Variable||Yes|
The University of Gloucestershire Internships offer ‘Your Plan for the Future’ program to almost 4,100 students in senior positions with high salary packages around the world. More than 93% are only gainfully employed within 15 months after graduation.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
Recruiting Companies at the University of Gloucestershire
- Gloucestershire County Council
- Llyods Banking Group
- GE Aviation
The University of Gloucestershire is a public university based in Gloucestershire, United Kingdom. It spans its three campuses, two in Cheltenham Francis Close Hall, The Park, Oxstalls and one in Gloucester, The Centre for Art and Photography.
The University of Gloucestershire cares about the future of its students and works for the future of the planet.
The University of Gloucestershire’s teaching methods have been praised for a number of reasons, including the integrated approach to student placement and work experience. It also prides itself on providing students with opportunities to engage in business and industry.
This was about an Accounting Course at University of Gloucestershire. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still, confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!