In recent times there has been a demand for professionals who understand the management and accounting aspect of the job, this has made the CMA course an extremely lucrative option. As a CMA professional you will also be able to grow financially and professionally. Before pursuing any course, it is important that one identifies the various factors that govern this decision-making process, like the eligibility criteria, the subjects you will have to engage with and the scope after pursuing the course. The same holds true when it comes to CMA course details. In order to make that process simple for you, we have provided all the relevant information about the course.
CMA COURSE DETAILS- WHY IS IT RELEVANT?
Since the CMA course is globally recognized and is an advanced level credential that is appropriate for the financial professionals and accountants in the business, many students consider the possibility of pursuing this course. The CMA course ensures that it equips you with expertise in analysis, financial planning, decision support, control and professional ethics that are instrumental for making a mark in the industry. The skillset provided by the course is in great demand in organizations globally which makes this course extremely relevant with the times.
OVERVIEW OF THE CMA COURSE DETAILS
An important aspect of the CMA course details is how the course is structured as well as when can one appear for the exams in order to take this course. The course is broken down into 3 stages- the CMA Foundation, CMA Intermediate, and CMA final. You can appear for the exams in 3 cycles in a year, one in January and February, one in May and June and lastly in September and October. The exams can be scheduled 72 hours in advance but it is always better to schedule in advance preferably 4 weeks in advance.
CMA COURSE DETAILS- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The eligibility criteria for CMA is an integral aspect of the CMA course details, it helps one understand the prerequisites to undertake the course. The general eligibility criteria for the 3 levels are-
- Before applying for the course, you must have passed your class 10 or its equivalent from a recognized institution belonging to or affiliated to a recognized board after which you can appear for the foundation level course.
- You must have completed and passed your 10+2 examination from a recognized institution and board to appear for the CMA intermediate and final level examinations.
- For appearing for the CMA intermediate level, you must have passed the foundation level and for pursuing the Final level you must have passed the previous two levels.
CMA COURSE DETAILS- THE SUBJECTS
Before pursuing any course, it is important that you are well versed with the subjects of that course so that you can make an informed decision regarding whether you can pursue that course or not. There is a total of 20 papers in the CMA course structured in the form of the three levels of the course. The subject matter relating to the CMA course details are given below.
THE FOUNDATION LEVEL
- Paper 1: Fundamentals of Accounting
- Paper 2: Fundamentals of Business Mathematics & Statistic
- Paper 3: Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
- Paper 4: Fundamentals of Economics and Management
THE INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
- Paper 5: Company Accounts & Audit
- Paper 6: Laws, Ethics and Governance
- Paper 7: Financial Accounting
- Paper 8: Cost and Management Accounting
- Paper 9: Cost accounting and financial management
- Paper 10: Indirect Taxation
- Paper 11: Operation Management Information System
- Paper 12 Direct Taxation
THE FINAL LEVEL:
- Paper 13: Advanced Financial Management
- Paper 14: Tax Management and Practice
- Paper 15: Business Strategy & Strategic Cost Management
- Paper 16: Corporate Financial Reporting
- Paper 17: Strategic Performance Management
- Paper 18: Corporate Laws and Compliance
- Paper 19: Financial Analysis & Business Valuation
- Paper 20: Cost and Management Audit
CMA COURSE DETAILS- THE SCOPE AFTER THE COURSE
It is important to analyze what scope for growth and job opportunities are available after the completion of the course if we assess the available opportunities after CMA, one can grow both domestically as well as in the case of the global market scene. This course definitely adds to your portfolio because it lets the employer know about your expertise in the field of accounting and management as well as reveals your knowledge when it comes to the financial aspect of the industry. Some of the job profiles that you can explore after your CMA course are:
- Financial Analyst
- Relationship Manager
- Finance Manager
- Cost Manager
- Cost Accountant
- Financial Risk Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Financial Controller
We have provided you with all the relevant information about the CMA course details. But when it comes to making a decision about one’s career it is natural to feel confused as well as apprehensive about whether you possess the skills for that career path. You do not need to be doubtful before exploring a career path, with the help of counsellors and mentors at Leverage Edu you can make an informed decision that takes into account your strengths and skills.