SAP FICO is a module in SAP ERP which deals with Financial Accounting (FI) and Cost Controlling (CO). The field of Accountancy is very diverse and with this certification, which easily blends with sales and distribution, plant and material management, production planning, etc, a wide pool of options can open which you can consider. Another perk of getting this certification is that it offers a platform to learn concepts pertaining to various other modules. SAP certifications can be based on various solutions such as SAP business objects, SAP business one, ERP, PLM, Netweaver and so on. It can also be specific to technology, application, development, etc.
This Blog Includes:
SAP FICO Syllabus
Let us get a brief overview of the syllabus of SAP FICO and what you can expect from the course:
- Introduction and History of ERP and SAP
- Organization Structure
- Tax and GST Configuration
- Bank Accounting and Treasury Management
- Vendor and Sundry Creditors Accounts
- Investment Management
- Types of Projects
- Implementation Tools
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Consultant
- Change Transport System
SAP FICO Certification Course: Exam Pattern
The wide variety of modules that we discussed above are said to be completed by the candidate only after qualifying two levels. Both FI and CO comprises two levels namely, Associate and Professional. So, if you are also looking for the answer for “How do I get SAP FICO certification?” then, here is what you need to know:
|Type of Certification||Type of Questions||Requirement||Duration|
|Associate Level Certification||There would be 80 multiple choice questions, multiple response as well as matching questions||No specific requirement||3 hours|
|NEW- Speciality Certification||There would be 40 multiple choice questions, multiple response as well as matching questions in this level||This is clubbed with associate certification exam||1.5 hours|
|Professional Certification||80 multiple choice questions, multiple response, scenario based as well as matching questions||The candidate must possess project experience, knowledge of business process and understanding of SAP solutions.||3 hours|
Note: Freshers are not eligible for the professional level course as it requires a few years of practical experience. There are also some questions in the professional level examination where the candidate would be required to give real-life situations and examples. Hence, the professional level is for experienced candidates.
Top Colleges Offering SAP FICO Course
- Lithan Genovate
- Victoria University
- Kabeer Infotech Systems India Pvt. Ltd.
- Tirupati Institute of Management
- ICA Edu Skills Pvt. Ltd.
- Delphi Computech Pvt. Ltd.
- Andheri West, Mumbai
- Shindewadi, Pune
- Kunkargachi, Kolkata
- Vashi, Mumbai
SAP FICO Course Fee
The average course fee for the SAP FICO course varies greatly. In India, the range lies between INR 25,000- 70,000 for the entire course. The course fee depends on the administrative body.
If you are interested in only the basic modules of SAP like the Associate Certification, then there aren’t any specific requirements for the course. However, for advanced levels and some selected modules of SAP, one might require prior work or project experience. Some examples of such SAP modules include SAP MM, PP, and PM where one needs to have work experience in the field of engineering. A simple commerce graduate like that in BCom or an MBA can go for SAP FICO without any further requirements.
Once the candidate is sure that he wants to get a certification from SAP, he has to register himself for the course. The steps for SAP FICO registration are listed below:
1. Find out your nearest SAP education department and register the S-user number.
2. The next step is to purchase a voucher worth 500 dollars from SAP education.
3. If you don’t have an account with Pearson VUE, you will have to make a new one.
4. Sign in to your Pearson VUE account and book an exam schedule. While checking out, click the box with voucher/ promotion code and enter the voucher number there.
5. One can visit the official website of SAP education to register for SAP certification online.
6. However, in those countries where online registration facilities are not available, you will have to call SAP education and a representative would guide you on the same.
SAP FICO Career Prospects
“Is SAP FICO a good career option?” is a question asked by many aspirants. By equipping you with industry relevant skills related to the field of Accountant, SAP FICO certification course opens the door to innumerable career opportunities in various work profiles like:
- Junior/ Senior SAP Consultant
- Senior Finance Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Project Manager
- BI and Reporting Professional
- Accounts Payable Analyst
How to Prepare for SAP FICO Course?
Be it CISA Certification or FICCI online courses, one needs to identify and work on their strengths and weaknesses in order to grasp the requisite knowledge and skills in an efficient way. Here are some of the tips to prepare for SAP FICO course:
- The candidate should choose the right level of certification based on the qualification and work experience.
- Enroll in online courses or e-learning services that cover all the components of the course effectively.
- Go through the syllabus well in advance, identify your weak sections, and prepare a time table accordingly.
- You can easily get the study material from the SAP FICO certification website. Moreover, you can consider reading SAP books available both, online and offline.
- There are also sample questions available on their site. You can practice them on a regular basis to perform better.
- Be it IELTS or GRE, improving English for competitive exams is essential. Pay special focus on that for SAP FICO also.
Hence, being SAP FICO certified can help you explore employment opportunities across sectors. With diverse career options, choosing a course in the field of Finance or Accounting can be difficult. Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who will help you find a program that aligns with your professional goals!