The University of Dundee law course may prove to be the right choice if you are hoping for a career in litigation. The university lets you study varied subjects and topics that will help you gain the knowledge needed to excel in your career as a lawyer. The students who graduate from this university can practice Law in England, Northern Ireland, Wales, or in other common law jurisdictions globally. This degree is recognised in almost all countries that accept an English qualifying degree. The students need to complete 120 credits in the course of three years. The University of Dundee law course is fully accredited by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (England and Wales). To know more keep reading this blog!
|University Name||University of Dundee|
|Course Name||LLB (Hons)|
|Eligibility||Completion of 10+2 with official transcripts from a recognised institution; English Proficiency Tests|
|Fees||£ 19,500 (INR 16,06,973)|
This Blog Includes:
University of Dundee Rankings
Choosing a university that has a higher ranking may help you secure a better and higher-paying job. Hence, before delving further into the details of the University of Dundee Law course, let’s look at the impressive rankings of this University:
|Guardian University Guide 2021||Among Top 20 Universities in the UK|
|Graduate Outcome Survey 2020||1st in Scotland for delivering successful graduates into highly skilled organization|
|Complete University Guide 2022||Number 7 in the UK|
|QS Global World Ranking 2022||332nd|
Why Study University of Dundee Law Course?
Along with studies, the university also encourages its students to join one of the many Law societies that are formed on campus. To give you some idea, here are some of them:
- The Dundee University Law Society is the biggest and most active society on campus which let the students build their network.
- The Law Review is a publication that is run by students. The publication is reviewed by academics to ensure high academic standards. This opportunity will instil in students the ability to do proficient legal editing and writing.
- The Mooting society is a place where people practice debate.
- The Telders competition can provide an opportunity for law students who are interested in public international law to showcase their skills in front of leading experts.
Mentioned below are the general requirements and English proficiency test scores-
- Completion of 10+2 with official transcripts from a recognised institution
- The university also considers students with equivalent industrial work experience.
- Minimum English Language Entry Requirement is mandatory for International Students whose mother tongue is not English
English Proficiency Scores
The students who have completed their previous education in a country where English is not the mother tongue must provide the university with English Language Proficiency requirements.
|IELTS||A minimum overall score of 7.0, with no less than 6.0 in each section|
|TOEFL||A minimum overall score of 98, with no less than 27 in Writing, 24 in Listening, 24 in Reading and 23 in Speaking.|
|Pearson PTE||A minimum overall score of 76|
Let Leverage Live help you ace your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and more!
How to Apply?
- The students will have to fill out an application form available on the university website.
- The students will have to prove all minimum eligibility by providing relevant documents
- The students will have to pay a one-time application fee
- The students will have to submit a Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
University of Dundee Law Fees
|LLB (Hons)||£ 19,500 (INR 16,06,973)|
The students may incur other costs during their academic year while pursuing their education at the University of Dundee.
Following are some examples of the additional costs:
- Graduation fee
- Studio fee
- Field trips
These costs may be mandatory or optional.
The University of Dundee has an acceptance rate of 36%. This makes the institute a moderately selective university.
The aspirants need a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum score of either 60-70% or 3.0-3.49 While a score of 50-59% or 2.5-2.99 is eligible and comparable to a UK 2.2, entry requirements of some courses may be higher.
The University of Dundee has been ranked in the top 15 university for Law in the UK by the Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 and Guardian University Guide 2021.
For a successful career ahead in litigation, delve into an all-around education from the University of Dundee Law course. We know choosing the right course and university that runs parallel to your interests is very important. For this, I’m sure you’ll be pleased to take the assistance of an AI-based tool at Leverage Edu that gives you personalised suggestions based on your skills, qualifications and interests. Contact our experts at Leverage Edu they will assist you in your study abroad endeavour. To get a free consultation from us call us at 1800 572 000 now!