Tasmania is a small island state located 240 kilometres south of Victoria, isolated from the mainland by the Bass Strait. With regular flights and ferries, Tasmania is easily accessible from the mainland. People continue to fall in love with this lovely island because it’s the friendliest and most welcoming location to learn. Tasmania provides a one-of-a-kind atmosphere for education, employment, and vacations. If you are planning to kick back and study on an island, there is a list of universities in Tasmania, Australia.
Must Read: How to Study in Australia After 12th?
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Tasmania
- Tasmania takes pride in its educational and teaching quality, with a curriculum geared at preparing students for success in higher education. The curriculum focuses on academic excellence as well as personal growth, critical thinking, creative thinking, and communication skills development.
- There are fewer international students in Tasmanian classrooms, you’ll have a better chance of improving your English abilities and making Australian friends.
- Every foreign student has access to a comprehensive set of support services, including free English language assistance and interaction with specialized student advisers. Tasmania’s value reputation for friendliness and safety. To maintain a reputation as a safe and friendly environment, programs are well-resourced and taught by devoted instructors.
- Tasmania has a lower cost of living than most other Australian states, with among the country’s lowest average weekly expenditures for students. Tasmanian tuition fees are significantly lower than those in other Australian cities.
Must Read: Australian Universities in Singapore
Top Universities & Colleges to Study in Tasmania
The top universities in Tasmania are listed below:
- University of Tasmania
- Clinton Institute
- The Institute Of TAFE Tasmania TasTAFE
University of Tasmania
The Institution of Tasmania (UTAS) is the fourth-oldest university in Australia. The University offers a creative and exciting academic environment as well as a dynamic campus life to its more than 34,000 students. The University of Tasmania offers a genuinely internationalized curriculum and extensive access to a diversified variety of degrees, student exchanges, and learning opportunities to mold future global leaders while keeping a unique Tasmanian character. Beyond the student experience, the University’s community is bolstered by a global network of more than 105,000 alumni from more than 120 countries, as well as collaborative collaborations with other organizations that share our strategic vision.
With locations in Melbourne and Hobart, Clinton Institute is a rapidly expanding Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Clinton Institute has a duty as an RTO accredited with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to assure the quality of the nationally recognized training and assessment they provide. The Institute cares about its students, so they work hard to provide them with high-quality vocational education and training that meets their requirements.
The Institute Of TAFE Tasmania TasTAFE
TasTAFE is Tasmania’s biggest public vocational education and training provider, overseen by an independent Statutory Board of up to seven members selected by the Minister for Education and Training. TasTAFE’s mission is to guide Tasmania’s skilled workforce development. Every year, they enroll over 20,000 people, including over 5000 apprentices, and the number of trade apprentices continues to rise. They provide over 200 nationally recognized and industry-endorsed degrees spanning from Certificate I to Advanced Diploma level, as well as short courses and skill sets in over 30 industries.
Also Read: Part-Time MBA in Australia for Indian Students
Register Here and Book the Date to avail this opportunity!
To study in Tasmania, you must meet the following fundamental requirements when applying to any Tasmanian university:
- The minimum average score of 60-70%% in four academic subjects in Class XII.
- Bachelor’s degrees in any discipline are acceptable (some schools prefer a degree of certificate in business-related fields) with a minimum of 65% for postgraduate courses
- A legitimate GMAT or GRE score(for post-graduate courses), as well as English language competence scores such as IELTS/TOEFL, are also necessary.
- Transcripts of your previous courses
- Competitive exam scorecard
- Photocopy of your passport
- Detailed resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Other important certificates and transcripts
- Australia Student Visa
Because the scorecard is valid for two years, students should familiarise themselves with the university schedule and apply for admission carefully.
Worried About IELTS? Take a Demo Class with Leverage Live Experts and Learn the Coolest Ways to Ace the Exam in One-Go!
The following is a general step-by-step approach to applying to universities in Tasmania:
- Visit the university’s official website if you’re interested in enrolling.
- Examine the course description and requirements.
- Select the appropriate university’s application form.
- You’ll need to create an account using your email address.
- Use the login credentials provided in your email to enter your personal information ( name, gender, date of birth).
- Fill up your academic qualifications and attach any required documents.
- Choose a course and submit your application.
- Every institution has its application fee, which must be paid
- Fill out and submit the application form. Some institutions will conduct a virtual interview with selected students.
Biggest Culture Shocks in Australia for International Students!
Cost of Studying in Tasmania
The cost of tuition varies based on the institution you attend in Tasmania. The table below shows the average tuition expenses in Tasmania.
|Average Tuition Fees||25,244 To 1,03,078||13.46 Lakhs To 54.99 Lakhs|
Cost of Living in Tasmania
The cost of studying in Tasmania includes transportation, accommodation, and other day-to-day expenditures in addition to tuition. The following are some of the costs that you may experience when studying in Tasmania:
|Expense||INR (Per Month)|
Find out the Cost of Studying and Living in Australia, the Smallest Continent!
This was all about Tasmanian universities. Do you require assistance with your application? Don’t be concerned! Our professionals at Leverage Edu are standing by to assist you with any difficulty that is preventing you from enrolling in your preferred institution.