Melbourne has been named one of the world’s most livable and student-friendly cities for international students. The city with the greatest score in terms of stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education, and infrastructure receives the title. Melbourne is an excellent choice for overseas study if you want a world-class education, a rich cultural experience, and a pleasant living. This blog will teach you all you need to know about obtaining an MBA in Melbourne for aspirants to study in Australia.
|Course Level||Postgraduate Course|
|GMAT or GRE||550 – 705|
|English Proficiency||IELTS (6.5 – 7)
TOEFL (75 – 90)
|Job Profiles||Banks Managers, Analysts, Human Resources, Finance Managers, Marketing Managers|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study in Melbourne
- Top Universities in Melbourne For MBA
- Top Universities in Australia for MBA
- Types of MBA in Melbourne
- Top MBA Programs in Australia
- Eligibility for MBA in Melbourne
- MBA in Australia GMAT Requirements
- MBA in Australia without GMAT
- MBA in Melbourne Application Process
- Cost of Studying MBA in Melbourne
- Scope of MBA in Melbourne
Check out our news updates on Australia Easing Travel Restrictions for International Students for 2022!
Why Study in Melbourne
- Melbourne is the #1 option for students from all over the world when it comes to studying. The rest of the world agrees as it has been crowned Australia’s finest city for international students. Melbourne is the world’s second-best study city After Paris according to QS Best Student Cities.
- Melbourne has a well-developed public transportation system that includes trains, buses, and trams, making it easy to navigate around the city. In Melbourne, especially in the inner-city, the necessity for a car is limited due to the availability of taxis and cycling routes.
- Melbourne offers the world’s most varied student communities and universities, making it the most appealing location for foreign students. As an international student, you may choose from any of Melbourne’s best institutions if you desire a good educational level and a large range of degree options.
- Melbourne invites numerous foreign corporations to set up development and research activities since it is a top knowledge city. Melbourne is the 10th best city in the world in terms of employability.
- Melbourne is regarded as Australia’s cultural hub. From breathtaking beaches to the bustling nightlife and cuisine culture, there’s something for everyone. In terms of the student experience, the city is recognized as the 3rd best in the world.
Here’s a guide for study abroad aspirants to know Why Study in Australia!
Top Universities in Melbourne For MBA
The top universities in the Melbourne that offer MBA are listed below, according to the QS World University Rankings 2022:
|Universities in Melbourne||QS World University Rankings 2022|
|University of Melbourne, Melbourne Business School||#37|
|La Trobe Business School||#362|
|victoria graduate school of business||#601-650|
Know more about the University of Melbourne Acceptance Rate!
Top Universities in Australia for MBA
The table below depicts the Top Universities in Australia for MBA , according to the QS Global MBA Rankings of 2021:
|University||QS Global MBA Ranks 2021|
|The University of Melbourne||26|
|University of New South Wales||41|
|The University of Queensland||99|
|The University of Western Australia||101-110|
|Australian National University||121-130|
Types of MBA in Melbourne
A wide range of MBA degrees is offered in Melbourne to cater to the various interests and demands of international students. A few of them are listed below:
|Full-Time MBA||2 years|
|Part-time MBA||3-6 years|
|Executive MBA||Varies (1-3 years, generally)|
Here’s a detailed guide to know more about MBA in Australia in 2022!
Top MBA Programs in Australia
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Digital Marketing
- MBA in Insurance & Risk Management
- MBA Operations
- MBA in Productions
- MBA Healthcare Management
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Banking
- MBA in Agribusiness
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Data Analytics
- MBA in Agriculture
- MBA in Energy Management
- MBA in Communication
- MBA in Human Resources
Eligibility for MBA in Melbourne
When applying for an MBA at any Melbourne university, you must meet the following minimum requirements to study in Melbourne :
- Bachelor’s degrees in any discipline are acceptable (some schools prefer a degree of certificate in business-related fields) with a minimum of 65%
- At least two letters of recommendation from former employers or academics
- A legitimate GMAT or GRE score, as well as English language competence scores such as IELTS/TOEFL, are also necessary.
- An average of 2-3 years of job experience (might not be required by some universities)
- Transcripts of your previous courses
- Competitive exam scorecard
- Photocopy of your passport
- Detailed resume
- MBA Essays
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Research proposal (Optional)
- Other important certificates and transcripts
- Australia Student Visa
Note: Because the scorecard is valid for two years, students must familiarise themselves with the university schedule and apply for admission appropriately.
MBA in Australia GMAT Requirements
|University of Melbourne||705|
|University of Technology Sydney||550|
|University of Western Australia||650|
|University of Queensland||550|
|Australian National University||600|
MBA in Australia without GMAT
If you do not have the required GMAT scores, you do not need to worry as there are universities in Australia that do not ask for a GMAT score or providing a GMAT score is not mandatory. Listed below are the universities in Australia that allow you to pursue an MBA Program in Australia without GMAT:
- Monash University allows students to apply for an MBA Program without providing GMAT scores if they have three years of experience with one year of managerial experience.
- La Trobe University allows students to apply for an MBA Program without providing GMAT scores if they have three years of relevant managerial experience with a minimum of 60% in the final year of their bachelor’s degree. Students having more than 8 years of relevant managerial experience without any undergraduate degree are also considered for admission to the MBA Program at La Trobe University.
- Students can apply to Deakin University without GMAT scores if they have completed a Bachelor degree/Masters Qualifying Program (MQP) in any discipline and have three years of work experience. Students with Graduate Certificate in a related discipline and five years of work experience are also considered for admission to the MBA Program at Deakin University.
MBA in Melbourne Application Process
Here is a general step-by-step guide that will help you to apply for MBA in Melbourne:
- Visit the university’s official website if you’re interested in enrolling.
- Examine the course outline as well as the prerequisites.
- Select the appropriate university’s application form.
- You’ll need to register with your email address.
- Enter your personal information using the login credentials given in your email ( name, gender, date of birth).
- Enter your academic credentials and attach the necessary papers.
- Choose a course and submit your application.
- Every institution has its application fee, which must be paid
- Fill out and submit the application form. Some colleges will ask chosen students to participate in a virtual interview.
Cost of Studying MBA in Melbourne
The cost of tuition in Melbourne varies from one university to another. The following is a list of typical MBA tuition fees in Melbourne.
|Average Tuition Fees||55,986 to 88,179||30,02,260 to 47,28,617|
Cost of Living in Melbourne
The cost of studying in Melbourne includes transportation, accommodation, and other day-to-day expenditures in addition to tuition. The following are some of the costs that may be incurred when studying in Melbourne:
|Expense||INR (Per Month)|
Scope of MBA in Melbourne
According to the QS Top MBA Jobs & Salary Trends Report, the average salaries of MBA graduates from top universities for MBA in Australia such as the University of Melbourne, Monash University and La Trobe University, are among the top 10 post-MBA salaries in Australia. The average salaries of MBA graduates from the top universities in Melbourne are as depicted below:
|University||Average Salary||In INR|
|University of Melbourne||AUD 265,000||1,44,36,493 INR|
|Monash University||AUD 146,462||79,78,835 INR|
|La Trobe University||AUD 153,950||83,86,760 INR|
Here’s a detailed guide to know more about the Cost of Studying in Australia for aspirants!
MBA offered at Melbourne Business School is the best MBA in Melbourne as the program has been ranked #1 in Australia.
Kalpan Business School, Charles Darwin University, Victoria University and Holmes Institute are some of the most affordable MBA programs in Australia.
Melbourne is home to some of the top MBA programs in the world such as University of Melbourne, Monash University and more.
We hope that this site has given you all of the information you want regarding the MBA in Melbourne. Are you having problems determining which MBA program in Melbourne is ideal for you? For complete assistance in securing admission to your selected college, contact our Leverage Edu consultants. Now is the best time to schedule a free consultation with us!