Triple crowned by accredited business associations like AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS, MIM in the UK stands for Masters in Management. It is amongst the most prestigious and competitive courses in the UK offered by leading business schools like London Business School, LSE, and Warwick Business School. This is because the country is the hub of financial growth and graduates of MIM in the UK can work with global banks, technological firms, and management companies like Goldman Sachs, Amazon, Apple, Google, McKinsey & Company, and Boston Consulting Group!
Also Read: MSc Management in UK
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Masters in Management in the UK?
- Eligibility for Masters in Management in UK
- Admission Process
- Documents Required for Admission
- Top Universities For Masters In Management In UK
- Universities for MIM in UK Without GMAT
- Tuition Fees
- Scholarships for Masters in Management in UK
- Career Scope
Why Study Masters in Management in the UK?
According to the University College London’s Centre for Global Higher Education, the UK is the second most popular option among international students.
- 21 UK universities are among the top 100 in the world for master’s programs in management.
- According to the Master in Management Compass, employers plan to hire 63% more MIM graduates in the future years.
- For admission to Masters in Management programs at top UK universities, employment experience is not required.
- The cost of a MIM program in the United Kingdom is nearly half that of an MBA. For instance the average fees for MIM in UK is £25,200 (INR 25,71,541) while for MBA is £29,000 (INR 29,59,411)
Eligibility for Masters in Management in UK
Most universities in the United Kingdom have identical admissions requirements for MIM programs. Applicants from any field of study are eligible to apply for a Masters in Management program in the United Kingdom.
- An undergraduate degree equivalent to the UK first or upper second class honors (2:1) degree is needed for applicants (A 60-70 percent equivalent undergraduate degree is acceptable)
- For overseas students, the ELP is an important aspect of the admissions process. Applicants must submit their English proficiency test scores along with their admission application.
- 6.5 to 7.0 on the IELTS
- 93-100 on the TOEFL
- The results of standardized exams taken to study in the United Kingdom are also an important part of the application for Masters in Management admission. These include GMAT/GRE scores, which, while not needed by many universities, are always advantageous.
Applicants for admission to the Master of Management program must meet all of the university’s entrance requirements. A handful of the most critical admission requirements are listed here.
- Admissions applications for Masters in Management programs at UK universities can be submitted online through the university’s website.
- Application Charge: All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application processing fee. The application price for a Master’s in Management at a couple of the best UK colleges ranges from 60 to 100 GBP (6,000 to 10,000 INR).
- Application Period: Most of the leading universities in the UK begin accepting applications for Masters in Management programs in September. Admission dates for many colleges fall in June and July.
Documents Required for Admission
The following are the admission requirements or supporting documents needed for admission to a Masters in Management program:
- A completed admission application form
- Payment of non-refundable application fee
- Academic transcripts from all educational institutions
- Proof of English language proficiency scores
- Standardized exams to study in UK- GMAT or GRE
- Current CV
- Name and contact details of 1-2 referrals
- SOP or essays about why you wish to be a part of the program and at the university
- An interview process
Top Universities For Masters In Management In UK
The top universities in the UK that offer Masters in Management degrees are listed below, according to the QS World University Rankings 2022.
|QS Top University Subject Rankings 2021||University|
|3||London Business School|
|11||London School of Economics and Political Science|
|24||Warwick School of Business|
|34||Imperial College Business School|
|72||University of Bath School of Management|
|96||Strathclyde Business School|
|104||University of Edinburgh Business School|
|121||Durham University Business School|
|145||Cranfield School of Management|
|NA||Alliance Manchester Business School|
Universities for MIM in UK Without GMAT
It is not difficult to obtain a master’s degree in management in the United Kingdom without having taken the GMAT. Many colleges in the UK accept the MIM applications without GMAT scores, in addition to several of the top, globally ranked universities. Here are a few examples:
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Bath
- Warwick School of Business
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- Cranfield School of Management
MIM tuition fees in the United Kingdom range from 20,000 to 36,600 GBP(INR 2,012340- 362,221). The London Business School program is the most expensive among the top 10 colleges in the UK offering MIM, with a total tuition charge of 36,600 GBP(INR 362,221) for a 12-month length. If you wish to attend business school for the fourth semester, you must spend 41,100 GBP(INR 412,529). Bath School of Management is the cheapest, with an international student program price of 20,000 GBP(INR 2,012,340). The following are the tuition fees for Indian students wishing to pursue a master’s degree in management in the United Kingdom:
|University||Program Fee (in INR)|
|London Business School||37.41 lacs|
|Imperial College Business School||28.55 lacs|
|London School of Economics and Political Science||31.14 lacs|
|Warwick School of Business||28.98 lacs|
|Alliance Manchester Business School||23.22 lacs|
|Cranfield School of Management||25.16 lacs|
|University of Edinburgh Business School||24.09 lacs|
|Durham University Business School||22.74 lacs|
|University of Bath School of Management||18.35 lacs|
|Strathclyde Business School||21.33 lacs|
Scholarships for Masters in Management in UK
Universities in the United Kingdom provide a variety of scholarships to international students. Scholarships, education loans, and other types of financial aid are also available.
|Scholarships||University||Scholarship Amount (in GBP)|
|London Business School Fellowship||London Business School||12,000 (2,213,574 INR)|
|Masters in Management Merit Scholarship||London Business School||10,000 (1,006,170 INR)|
|Imperial Business Scholarship||Imperial College Business School||10,000 (1,006,170 INR)|
|Inlaks Scholarships||LSE||Many colleges in the UK accept the cost of attendance|
|Graduate Support Scheme||LSE||5,000-15,000 (503,085-1,509255 INR)|
|Chevening Scholarships||Warwick Business School||Variable|
|Commonwealth Scholarships||Warwick Business School||Variable|
|Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships||Alliance Manchester Business School||Full tuition fee|
|Cranfield Scholarship||Cranfield School of Management||Varies|
|Business School International MSc Scholarships||University of Edinburgh Business School||4,000- 10,000 (402,468-1,006,170 INR)|
|Chevening Scholarships||Durham University Business School||Variable|
|School of Management Scholarships||University of Bath School of Management||5,000 (503,085 INR)|
|Great Scholarships||University of Bath School of Management||Full tuition fee waiver|
|Strathclyde Business School Masters Scholarship for International Students||Strathclyde Business School||7,000 (704,319 INR)|
|Strathclyde Business School Dean’s Excellence Scholarships||Strathclyde Business School||10,000(1,006,170 INR)|
Graduate students with a Masters in Management in the United Kingdom have a variety of job prospects in a variety of industries. Graduates of UK universities can search for foreign student jobs in the UK or other countries of their choice. According to reports, the majority of graduates go on to work in fields such as:
|Popular job roles for MIM graduates||Roles and Responsibilities|
|Business Development Manager||Business Development Managers are in charge of increasing the company’s revenue by bringing in new clients. Their analytical and communication abilities come in helpful in their employment and in keeping excellent client relationships.|
|Project Manager||Project Managers are in charge of increasing the company’s revenue by bringing in new clients. Their analytical and communication abilities come in helpful in their employment and in keeping excellent client relationships.|
|Digital/Social Media Manager||Social Media Managers know how to employ various social media platforms to their best potential and have a creative mindset. When it comes to developing a digital media marketing strategy, you’ll need a keen eye. In order to design relevant tactics, you must also have a thorough understanding of various tools such as Google Analytics and other tools.|
Graduates of the MiM program have a high reputation among organizations that run various graduate training programs, as well as banks and other financial institutions that are searching for analyst-level employees. This is in contrast to the case of MBA graduates, who are recruited for specific job descriptions by recruiters.
In the United Kingdom, the average annual income package for a Masters in Management graduate is 35,000 GBP(INR 3,521,595). According to reports, overseas students are permitted to work in the UK for two years after graduation, making it easier to apply for numerous employment after graduation and while residing in the country.
Job Profiles & Salary
|Job Role||Avg Annual Salaries (GBP)|
|Project Manager||72,900 (7,334,979 INR)|
|Production Manager||114,000 (11,470,338 INR)|
|Operations Assistant||81,600(8,210,347 INR)|
|General Manager||131,000 (13,180,827 INR)|
|CEO||162,000 (16,299,954 INR)|
|Assistant Manager||85,000 (8,552,445 INR)|
|Corporate Officer||74,500 (749,596 INR)|
|Executive Director||161,000 (16,199,337 INR)|
|Assistant to CEO||81,900 (8,240,532 INR)|
|Product Executive||98,100 (9,870,527 INR)|
Are you planning to study MIM in the UK? Connect with us at Leverage Edu, we will assist you throughout the process from selecting the top universities to the visa process.