The University of Winchester is situated in the picturesque South Downs, near the UK’s South Coast. Since its founding in 1840, the institution has been producing outstanding academicians. The campus of this university, which is divided into four quarters: the King Alfred Quarter, Medecroft Quarter, Bar End Quarter, and West Downs Quarter, is rich with interesting amenities. Winchester, a cathedral city, was granted university status in 2008 and has around 7,500 students enrolled. To know more about the University of Winchester MBA Course, keep reading this blog!
This Blog Includes:
- Overview of MBA Course
- MBA Popular Specialisations
- Why You Should Study at the University of Winchester?
- MBA Courses at the University of Winchester
- Highlights: Executive MBA
- Highlights: Full-time MBA
- Documents Required for University of Winchester MBA Course
- Living Expenses and Accommodation facilities
- Notable Alumni
- Job Prospects
Overview of MBA Course
A master of business administration (MBA) is a graduate degree that combines theory and practice in the management of businesses and investments. An MBA is aimed to assist graduates to obtain a better knowledge of general managerial roles in the company. An MBA degree might have a broad concentration or a narrow specialisation in areas including accounting, finance, marketing, and relationship management. Many colleges now offer specialisation programs in areas such as sports management, entrepreneurship, the entertainment industry, and healthcare administration.
Accounting, management, finance, marketing, and business law are common core subjects in MBA programmes. A focus on leadership, planning, business strategy, organisational behaviour, and the more human aspects of operating a large or small firm is at the centre of any MBA curriculum.
MBA Popular Specialisations
Master of Business Administration (MBA) programmes are available at several universities in India and abroad in a variety of specialities. MBA programmes last anywhere from 1 year to 2 years.
- General MBA Programs (Other Degrees, non-MBA, and other subjects)
- Consulting and Strategic Management (Consulting and Strategy)
- Finance / Accounting / Economics (Accounting, Banking, Finance)
- Property Management (Real Estate)
- Arts Management (Arts/Culture, Fashion, Media / Design, Sports Management)
- Investment /Insurance (Investment/Asset Management, Insurance / Risk Management, Finance)
- Supply Chain and Operations Management (Logistics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management)
- Healthcare Management ((Healthcare / Pharma / Biotech)
- Luxury and Retail Management (Food / Wine Business Management, Luxury Brand Management, Retail, and Consumer Goods)
- Marketing Management
- Internal Business Management (Human Resource Administration, Organizational Management, Project Management)
- Education and Government
- Startups and Small Businesses (Entrepreneurship)
- Other Subjects
Why You Should Study at the University of Winchester?
- Scholars at the vanguard of their discipline, innovative and forward-thinking teaching
- A lovely campus within walking distance of the city centre
- Full-time students ranked the institution among the top 5 in the southeast of England and the top 20 in England for overall satisfaction
- The British Quality Foundation granted Winches the first 5-star accreditation for overall organisational performance in the UK in 2011
- It has placed 107th in the Guardian University Guide 2022 and 106th in the Times University Guide 2022
MBA Courses at the University of Winchester
At the University of Winchester, two types of MBA programmes are available i.e. Executive MBA (Part-Time) and Full-Time MBA.
MBA – Executive Master of Business Administration
The Executive MBA at Winchester is designed for managers who wish to gain the strategic knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in a long-term organisation. Through the application of theoretical models, research, and critical analysis to real-life business situations, the course strives to address responsible management in a complex and dynamic global market.
- Students should have at least two years of work experience, preferably in a middle management position, and a first or second-class Honours degree or equivalent. Senior managers with significant experience but no bachelor’s degree are also encouraged to apply.
- If English is not your first language,- IELTS 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in writing or equivalent is required.
Tuition fee: The cost of the executive MBA is 8,550 euros (INR 7 Lakhs) per year.
Highlights: Executive MBA
|Type of Program||Part-Time|
|Entry Requirement||first or second-class honours degree|
|Tuition Fee||Euro 8,550 (INR 7 Lakhs)/ year|
MBA- Master of Business Administration
The full-time MBA at Winchester is suited for high-achieving, ambitious graduates who want to build the strategic knowledge and skills necessary for successful employment in organisations with a long-term vision, whether you’re aiming to take the lead in your industry or nurture a company concept. You’ll take part in in-depth conversations about leadership, stakeholder management, business sustainability, and digital insight management, among other topics.
MBA at Winchester is built on the following mandatory modules: Integrated Business Research Project: Research Methods; Strategy and Entrepreneurship; Markets and Society; Sustainability and Ethics; Sustainable Innovation and Change; and Sustainable Innovation and Change.
- A bachelor’s degree with honours (first or second class) or its equivalent is necessary.
- If English is not your first language, then need to write an English language test: IELTS 6.0 overall, 5.5 in writing, or equivalent.
Tuition fee: The cost of a full-time MBA tuition fee is Euro 17,100 (INR 14 Lakhs) per year.
Highlights: Full-time MBA
|Type of Program||Full-Time|
|Entry Requirement||First or second-class honours degree|
|Tuition Fee||Euro 17,100 (INR 14 Lakhs)/ year|
Documents Required for University of Winchester MBA Course
You will need the following documents to complete the application process:
- Academic Transcript(s)
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- A curriculum vitae
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Financial Documents
- Personal portfolio (if asked by the university)
Living Expenses and Accommodation facilities
Live and study in one of the top cities in the United Kingdom. The campus is just a short walk from the heart of Winchester, a bustling and picturesque city approximately an hour from London and 12 miles from the coast.
On-Campus: The average cost of living at the university’s campus would be around 8,500 Euros (INR 7 Lakhs) to 15,500 Euros (INR 12 Lakhs) per year which includes room rent, food expenses, transportation, and other expenses.
Off-Campus: Living expenses in the UK generally cost around 10 Lakhs to 12 Lakhs per year which varies with cities and individual expenses.
The University of Winchester provides different scholarships based on their academic achievements, personal circumstances, and household income.
- International Students Scholarship (Postgraduate)– International students enrolling in a taught programme at the University are eligible for the International Student Scholarship.
Award: Up to £3,000 (INR 2.8L)
Criteria: The University of Winchester must have extended an offer to you. Students must have a first or second (upper) class equivalent degree and an IELTS score of 6.5 in all categories, with a minimum of 6.0. Additional merit-based requirements must also be met by recipients.
- International Students Scholarship- International students enrolling in a taught programme at the University are eligible for the International Student Scholarship.
Award: £1,000 (INR 95K)
Criteria: Must have accepted an offer from the University of Winchester.
- External scholarships – Postgraduate
Chevening Scholarship– Prospective master’s students from Chevening-eligible countries.
Award: Tuition expenses, a monthly stipend, travel costs to and from the United Kingdom, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening activities in the United Kingdom are all included.
Commonwealth Scholarships For Masters and PhD Students- Prospective postgraduate students who are permanently resident in developing Commonwealth countries.
Award: tuition and examination fees, a monthly stipend, transport costs to and from the UK, thesis award (if applicable), warm clothing allowance (if applicable), study trip grant, and some particular grants for PhD. Scholars and if the scholarship is at least 18 months long are all covered.
Aga Khan Foundation scholarship programme– Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar, and Mozambique are among the prospective postgraduate students.
Awards: Tuition fees and living expenses (half of the scholarship is a loan).
- Martin Bashir (Journalist)
- Mike Bushell (famous BBC journalist)
- Nick Helm (Comedian)
- Jill Marshall (Popular writer)
- Anne Snelgrove ( Politician)
- Bob Taylor (Rugby Player)
An MBA program is divided into two categories – MBA General and Specialized. The two types of programs are structured to suit the requirements of different managerial roles. There is a huge requirement for graduates as there are numerous job profiles that require professionals of management background. Some of the major career options for MBA graduates include:
- Managing Consultants
- Human Resource Managers
- Healthcare Management Experts
- Financial Analyst
- Marketing Professionals
- Entrepreneurship Experts
- Information System Experts
- Data Analysts
Strategic planning, project management, business development, product development, finance, human resources, and marketing are among the vocations pursued by students. According to the Graduate Outcomes Survey 2021, HESA, the University of Winchester is in the top ten in the UK for graduates in employment and further study.
The average offer rate is 86% at the University of Winchester.
An MBA, especially one from a prestigious business school, will provide you with a slew of benefits. Obtaining a high MBA income after graduation, securing a management job, building a strong professional network, and even being your own boss are just a few of the benefits of pursuing an MBA degree overseas.
According to Payscale’s study, MBA graduates make more than £19k on average in the same job titles as their BBA counterparts and are qualified for more senior leadership roles. In the United Kingdom, BBA graduates earn an average income of £34,729, while MBA graduates earn an average salary of £53,787 (INR 51L).
Hope now you know all about the university of Winchester MBA course. If you are planning to pursue MBA but are confused about which university to choose then our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university to commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.