You’ve probably heard people mention lots of times that certain illnesses don’t respond well to certain medications and instead call for additional medical care from particular specialists. One of them is Physical Therapy or Physiotherapy. This blog will be very beneficial to you if you intend to pursue a profession in physiotherapy, especially from abroad. Continue reading to learn more about physiotherapy in the UK.
|Program Type and Duration||BSc: 3 Years
MSc: 1-2 Years
PhD: 3 Years
|English Proficiency Test||IELTS– 6.0 TOEFL– 75-88 PTE– 64|
|Tuition Fee||GBP 25,000 (INR 23.23 Lakhs) to GBP 32,000 (INR 29.72 Lakhs) per annum.|
|Cost of Living||GBP 1,215 (INR 1.12Lacs) – GBP 1,715 (INR 1.59 Lakhs) monthly|
|Top Recruiters||BMI Healthcare, Global Data, Greenwich Council, National Health Service Scheme (NHS), Government and Private Hospitals.|
|Average Salary||GBP 34,690 (INR 32.22 Lakhs) per annum|
This Blog Includes:
What is Physiotherapy?
Courses in Physiotherapy are based on science that addresses the well-being of people and improves lifestyle. It can benefit those who suffer from backaches, unexpected injuries, asthma, pelvic problems, lung problems, intestinal problems, lack of muscle strength, etc.
It is a form of care intended to maintain and restore a patient’s ability to move, function, and work as normally as possible. This particular area of medical science treats patients holistically, taking into account their lifestyles and including them in their care.
Below is a list of how this profession is divided based on chronic illness:
|Respiratory||Asthma Chronic, Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Cystic Fibrosis|
|Neuromusculoskeletal||Back Pain, Whiplash, Associated Disorders, Sports Injuries, Arthritis|
|Cardiovascular||Chronic Heart Disease, Rehabilitation After a Heart Attack|
|Neurological||Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis Parkinson’s|
Why Study Physiotherapy in UK
- Some of the universities and colleges in the UK, which date back to the 12th and 13th centuries, are among the oldest in the entire globe. Because of its long history, the UK has set the bar high for other nations’ educational systems. One of the industries in the UK that is expanding the quickest is healthcare.
- Over 1.4 million people are employed by the National Health Sector, making it one of the major employers in the nation, according to NHS Workforce Statistics. Healthcare personnel are in high demand post-COVID-19 outbreak.
- The UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) is an autonomous agency that routinely evaluates the educational standards of all of the nation’s colleges and universities. It also assists in identifying the best educational approaches and provides feedback for improvisation, in addition to evaluating their performance through audits and subject evaluations.
Top Programs & Universities for Physiotherapy in UK
The UK has consistently been the top destination for students who want to study abroad for a promising future. To even further explore the extent of Physiotherapy in the UK, let’s look at the popular courses and universities in more detail.
|Name of the University||QS World Ranking 2023||Popular Program Offered||Average Fee|
|1. Nottingham University||66||BSc in Physiotherapy||GBP- 13425 (INR 12.47 Lakhs)|
|2. University of East Anglia||342||BSc in Physiotherapy||GBP – 13953(INR 12.96 Lakhs)|
|3. University of Hertfordshire||801-1000||BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy||GBP- 13985INR 12.99 Lakhs|
|4. University of Bradford||701-750||M Physiotherapy (Sports and Exercise Medicine)||GBP- 16074
(INR 14.93 Lakhs)
|5. Robert Gordon University||800-1000||MSc PhysiotherapyDoctorate of Physiotherapy||GBP – 24267
INR 22.54 Lakhs
As you have got an idea about the popular universities now let’s look into the eligibility criteria to plan your undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a better way:
|Eligibility for Undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy:||10+12 with Science Stream. IELTS– 6.0 TOEFL– 75-88 PTE– 64 SAT– 1100 (Subject to change as per University specific requirement)|
|Eligibility for Postgraduate degree in Physiotherapy||Bachelor’s degree in Science/Physiotherapy or related field.
IELTS– 6.0 TOEFL– 75-88 PTE– 64 GRE – 320 (Subject to change as per University specific requirement)
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kick-start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to study Physiotherapy in the UK:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Many students from around the world choose to study abroad in the UK. The universities from the UK should be on your list of study-abroad options due to their high academic standards, expanding economy, and substantial engineering advancements, to name a few. Let’s now talk about the documents required to apply:
- Academic Transcripts from all attended universities/colleges
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- SOP/LOR (Varies from University to university)
- Passport size photographs
- TB Test Report
- Financial Proofs
The greatest approach to spread out the cost of your education and living expenses is through scholarships. Here are a few of the scholarships available:
|Name of the Scholarship||Eligibility||Benefit Amount|
|1. Felix Scholarships||Postgraduate students from India and other developing nations||100% Tuition fee and living expenses of 15840 EUR (INR 12.91 Lakhs)|
|2. Future Fund Women’s Leadership MSc Scholarship||Female Students want to pursue MSc Physiotherapy||10,000 EUR(INR 8.08 Lakhs)|
|3. Oxford Brookes Scholarship||Oxford enrolled students||100% of tuition fees; living cost|
|4. 1st Formations Business Scholarships||Awarded to the students of UG and PG programs at the universities of the UK and US||782 EURO(INR 63.46 Lakhs)|
|5. Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarship||PhD students with a minimum 3.0 GPA or 83% in bachelor||Coverage of tuition fees, a maintenance stipend|
To apply for a UK student visa, you must provide several documents. Applications are typically processed three weeks after submitting the following documents:
- Completed Visa Application form
- Visa fee payment receipt
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies
- Proof of Funds
After earning a master’s degree in physiotherapy, a person in the UK can find employment in a variety of settings, including paediatrics, orthopaedics, intensive care, outpatient, stroke services, and intensive care. Additionally, there are employment opportunities with private sector organizations like hospitals, educational institutions, professional sports teams, gyms, and leisure centres (teaching and research). Military and regional government organizations like schools and daycare centres are included in the public sector. Charity organizations and nonprofits in the health sector. Professionals in this profession might discover rewarding employment opportunities with competitive salaries and possibilities for growth.
Some of the popular professions:
- Assistant Physiotherapist
- Therapy Manager
- Research Assistant
- Self-employed Private Physiotherapist
- Sports Physio Rehabilitator
The need for physiotherapists is extremely high, and the prospects for licensed and experienced physiotherapists in the UK are favourable.
Candidates must be from the Science stream and have Biology on their academic curriculum to pursue a career in physiotherapy.
Due to the increasing demand for Physiotherapists in India and Abroad, salaries are rising. On average, they can earn INR 27.98 Lakhs.
This was all about Physiotherapy in the UK. If you want to get into a high-ranked university for Physiotherapy in the UK, you may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.