The Scholastic Aptitude Test or SAT is one of the most popular exams amongst those who want to pursue undergraduate courses, specifically from the USA and Canada. Organized by The College Board, the exam assesses candidates’ Written, Verbal, and Mathematical skills through a dynamic SAT syllabus. Furthermore, apart from the SAT eligibility criteria, one needs to have a surface-level idea of what SAT registration is like to fill out the form properly. To make things clear, here is a blog that will explain the SAT registration process in detail.
|Full-Form||Scholastic Assessment Test|
|Most Popular for||Undergraduates in Canada and USA|
|Mode of exam||Written-based|
|Conducted by||The College Board|
|Also accepted by||Australia and UK|
This Blog Includes:
- When to Register for SAT?
- SAT Registration Fee
- Test Dates and Deadlines
- ID Requirements
- How to Register for the SAT Online?
- SAT Registration By Mail
- SAT Registration 2023-Eligibility Criteria
- Things to Keep in Mind
- What is the Refund Policy for SAT Registration?
- Latest Updates: SAT Exam
- Update related to Test Centres
When to Register for SAT?
The SAT exam is conducted frequently throughout the year. However, the student must plan and register beforehand as the seats fill out quickly. Therefore, you must consider the following factors before beginning your SAT registration:
- Go through your chosen university or institution’s academic calendar and compare it with the test dates to have a rough idea about when you would like to take the test.
- You must register as soon as you decide to appear for the SAT.
- SAT is conducted in March, May, August, October, and December internationally (outside the USA)
SAT Registration Fee
One must understand the fee and ID requirements before starting with the SAT registration to prevent inconvenience. It is also important to note that the SAT fee varies by region. Furthermore, these payments can be made using credit/debit cards, e-check, or PayPal. Make sure that you are using a VISA card to make the payments and that your card has been approved for international payments. Do not forget to enter the amount in USD itself.
|Events||Fee [In US Dollars]|
|SAT Registration Fee||$55 [INR 4,468 + $49 [INR 3,981] (Regional Fee)|
|SAT + Essay (discontinued)||$64.5 [INR 5,119] + $49 [INR 3981] (Regional Fee)|
|Late Registration Charges||$30 [Rs 2,437]|
|Rescheduling Fee||$30 [Rs 2,437]|
|Additional Score Report||$12 [Rs 974] per report|
|Waitlist Fee||$53 [Rs 4,305]|
|Archived Score Report||$31 [Rs 2,518]|
Note: These are approximate costs. The value can vary based on USD to INR conversion rates.
Test Dates and Deadlines
Below are the test dates and deadlines for SAT 2023- 2024:
|SAT Test Date 2023||Registration Deadline|
|Aug 26, 2023||Paper: Jul 28, 2023
Digital: Aug 11, 2023
|Oct 7, 2023||Paper: Sept 8, 2023
Digital: Sept 22, 2023
|Nov 4, 2023||Paper: Oct 6, 2023
Digital: Oct 20, 2023
|Dec 2, 2023||Paper: Nov 3, 2023
Digital: Nov 17, 2023
|Mar 9, 2024||Feb 23, 2024|
|May 4, 2024||Apr 19, 2024|
|June 1, 2024||May 17, 2024|
SAT registration will require you to enter the details mentioned on your valid ID. If you are taking the SAT exam in India, then your passport/Aadhaar card is your valid ID. Please ensure that your passport hasn’t expired at the time of SAT registration or exam.
How to Register for the SAT Online?
Now that you are familiar with the basic details regarding the exam, here is a step-by-step SAT registration process that you need to follow.
STEP 1: Visit the official website of the SAT.
STEP 2: Create an account on the official website. You will be using this account to book a test slot, check your scores, and make any changes if required.
STEP 3: In this step of SAT registration, select the exam date at your convenience.
STEP 4: After the test date, select the SAT centre nearest to you after which you will be redirected to the payment gateway.
STEP 5: Submit the registration fee amount through debit or credit card, e-check, or PayPal.
STEP 6: Once your payment is accepted, you will get an acknowledgement receipt which you must download for future reference.
SAT Registration By Mail
Apart from the online method, you can also register for the SAT through the mail. Download the registration form given on the website and take a printout of the same. Fill out the form with the correct details, put the right credentials as given in your ID, and then send the form along with the fee to the address mentioned here. Make sure that your mail is received at least four weeks before the SAT exam deadline. Registration through mail can be only allowed in the given circumstances:
- If registering through a representative
- 13 years old or less
- Facing issues in uploading a digital photo
- Selecting Sunday testing first time [Sunday testing not offered in India]
Note: You can also register by phone ONLY if you have previously registered online or by mail.
SAT Registration 2023-Eligibility Criteria
According to SAT eligibility, students of any age can take the SAT, but most students take it when they are 17 or 18 years old. It is strongly advised that individuals take the SAT exam during their senior year of high school.
- Candidates who wish to apply for an undergraduate programme at any university in the United States or other specified countries may take the SAT exam.
- If candidates are applying for scholarships/financial aid and the university demands it as part of the SAT application process, they must submit it with their SAT application.
Things to Keep in Mind
- If you wish to change your centre or date, it can ONLY be done online/by phone.
- You will be using your SAT account for viewing and sending your scores to various institutions. Therefore, be careful while setting up the credentials for it.
- Keep your passport handy while filling out the form and make sure that you enter details as per the information in your passport.
- You’ll need a soft copy of your passport-size picture.
- In case you enter any details incorrectly while creating the account, that can be corrected before the SAT registration. For any corrections after the registration, you would have to go through the process all over again and create a new ID.
- All your demographics-related information is passed on to colleges and is considered if you apply for scholarships.
What is the Refund Policy for SAT Registration?
The College Board has also specified the following details for the refund policy regarding SAT registration:
- Refunds cannot be processed later than five days from the test day.
- The fee is partially refunded and $10 from your total fee will be given back.
- The refund process starts after six weeks from the day of the exam.
- Score reports can be refunded only if you were absent on the day of the exam.
- Additional score reports need to be cancelled within 24 hours in order to receive a refund.
Latest Updates: SAT Exam
The College Board recently stated that the SAT exam would go digital in 2023, and it will be two hours long instead of the three hours it is now. For the arithmetic component of the exam, test takers may also be permitted to use a calculator. Priscilla Rodriguez, Vice President of College Readiness Assessments (PSAT & SAT) at The College Board, said, “The digital SAT will be easier to take, easier to offer, and more relevant.” From early 2023, international students will be able to take the digital SAT test, while US high school students will be able to take it starting in 2024. Students now fill in the bubbles on a multiple-choice answer sheet with a pencil. Students will receive scores from the Digital SAT test.
Due to COVID-19, some SAT test centres have been closed. In order to ensure the safety of candidates, most universities have also introduced “optional examination measures.” The test centre may be closed on the day of the test. Updates about the test centre are updated every 3 hours. If closed, candidates must check SAT appointments and centres every day. For health reasons, most SAT test centres provide a limited number of seats. All operating SAT test centres comply with social distancing guidelines. It is strongly recommended that candidates wear a mask and keep a distance of 6 feet. If candidates do not follow the guidelines, they will be expelled from the test centre.
To apply for the SAT exam, the candidates have to first visit the official website and set up their credentials.
The registration fee for the SAT exam is $55.
Whether you take two or twenty attempts, the College Board is always willing to accommodate you. While there is no maximum limit to how many times this test may be taken, the recommended frequency is four. Many explanations exist for this, some of which are given below: This is a waste of time, effort, and money.
Utilize Leverage Edu’s Leverage Live classes to enhance your English scores and improve your college application. This way you will increase your chances of securing a spot in your dream college. You can also call us at Ph: 1800-572-000.