Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, USA, is located in Illinois. It also has additional campuses in Miami, Florida, Illinois, and Chicago. Recognized as one of the most prominent business schools, Kellogg is also ranked number 1 by The Economist & 3rd by Forbes in the Top US Business Schools List. Established in 1908, Kellogg School of Management is the first Business Schools to include group projects to propagate teamwork. Moreover, it is known for bringing forth business leaders like Charlie Baker (Governor of Massachusetts), Roshni Nadar (Executive Director and CEO, HCL Corporation), Joseph E. Hasten (President & CEO, ShoreBank), etc. Below, is the complete guide for you on Kellog School of Management with its courses, campuses, rankings, recruiters, cost of attendance, and more!
|Location||Evanston, Illinois, Chicago|
|No. of Campuses||7|
|Year of Foundation||1908|
|Percentage of International Students||26%|
|Cost of Attendance||UG: Ranges around 71,500 USD PG: Ranges around 106,700 USD|
|Allowance||Scholarships, Awards, Grants|
Kellogg School of Management is one of the prestigious schools of MBA programs in the United States. Kellogg’s careers are ranked according to their performance. The following are the top rankings:
- According to QS World Rankings 2022, it is ranked 14 in Global MBA.
- According to U.S News World Report 2021, it is ranked 4 in Best Business Schools
- According to U.S News World Report 2021, it is ranked 3 in Part-Time MBA
- No. 1 in Executive MBA by Financial Times Rankings
Courses Offered by Kellogg School of Management
The Full-Time MBA Program of Kellogg careers provides varied options to secure an MBA degree. This includes master’s degrees programs, doctoral programs, certificates of undergraduate courses, and executive education programs. Let’s discuss below:
- The undergraduate’s certificate of Financial Economics or Managerial Analytics.
- The One-Year MBA Program is the quickest path to a Kellogg MBA degree. Furthermore, the program revolves around business fundamentals. These fundamentals are taught by renowned faculty helping you to scale your career to the next level.
- The Two-Year Full-Time MBA Program is a practically-inclined program. It covers core management skills as well as specialized electives. Also, it is best for students who desire to acquire in-depth management skills.
- Kellogg’s MMM Program is a dual-degree program (MBA from Kellogg and M.S. in Design Innovation from the Segal Design Institute). This gives students a comprehensive business education integrated with a foundation in design innovation.
- The JD-MBA Program of Kellogg is a dual-degree program (Master of Business Administration from Kellogg and Juris Doctor from the North-western School). Moreover, this program is best for business enthusiasts with an inclination towards legal expertise.
Campus Life of Kellogg School of Management
Kellog School of Management is situated in the major metropolitan areas of the state. Its urban setting allows students to experience the hustle and bustle of city life equally with their studies. There is more to Kellogg Career’s campus life, read below:
- The campus of Kellog School of Management is located on the main campus of Northwestern University. Kellogg careers have a total of 7 campuses worldwide in Miami, Florida, Illinois, Chicago, among others.
- There is a LEED-certified building on campus known as Global Hub.
- Students of Kellogg careers participate in various athletic programs, community services, club members, etc.
- Kellogg’s Full-Time and Executive MBA facilities are available in Evanston, Illinois.
- Furthermore, the part-time MBA program is available in Northwestern’s Downtown Chicago campus in Wieboldt Hall.
- Students at Kellogg have free access to the fitness and sports facilities that include a gymnasium, swimming pool, squash, tennis and basketball courts, indoor tracks, and a weight room.
Housing Facilities at Kellogg School of Management
Kellogg careers offer aspirants on-campus and off-campus housing options. For off-campus students, the school provides security, flexible commute to and forth from residence and campus. The students who want to reside in on-campus housing are offered accommodation at McManus Centre, provided by the Kellogg School of Management. It is estimated that there are about 250 apartments available with free laundry, high-speed internet, cable, electricity, gas, air conditioning, etc.
Class Structure 2022 of Kellogg School of Management
Kellogg School of Management falls under the M7 group of schools that consists of Stanford, Wharton, Harvard, Columbia, MIT Sloan, Booth. The below statistics is already impressive enough once you look at them to pursue your Kellogg careers:
- Annual enrollment of 559 students with average work experience of 5 years.
- 26% Foreign Nationals in the student body.
- Also, 40% of the students at Kellogg School of Management are female.
- The percentage of employed students after graduation is 95%
- GMAT range: 640 – 770 and average GMAT score: around 720.
- The Kellogg careers are fairly selective and require 3.6 as the minimum GPA for candidates to get into the Kellogg School of Management.
If you are thinking of applying at Kellogg careers the following process and important deadlines for admission have been discussed below. The admission takes place in multiple rounds for Kellog School of Management:
|Rounds||Application Deadline||Application Decision|
|1||Sept. 16, 2020||Dec 9, 2020|
|2||Jan 16, 2021||March 24, 2021|
|3||April 7, 2021||May 12, 2021|
International Candidates can apply through the online application portal. The application fee is 95 – 250 USD (depends on the program) and the deadline for filing an application varies by program. They must submit the following:
- Online application form
- Statement of Purpose
- Official IELTS (7.0)/TOEFL (100) scores, if applicable
- Transcripts and mark sheets from all colleges/universities attended for more than one year.
- Essays and Video Essays
- Interview Report
- Work Experience Recommended
Cost of Studying and Living
An approximate budget for International Students looking forward to pursuing their Kellogg careers at Kellogg School of Management is provided below:
Scholarships Offered by Kellogg School of Management
Kellogg School of Management renders merit-based scholarships to international students. Some of the prominent scholarships offered by Kellogg careers are as follows:
- Brodsky Scholarship: Awarded to the incoming JD-MBA candidates of Chicago.
- Kellogg Scholarship: Awarded to students with leadership potential, are academically well, and overall achievements.
- Drake Scholars: Awarded to students who have shown a passion for furthering women’s initiatives.
- Diversity Scholarship: Awarded to the students that are from vulnerable groups who bring diversity to the student body.
- Kellogg Finance Network (KFN) Scholarship: Awarded to the students who are interested in the field of finance.
- George Terry Trust Award: Awarded to an excellent student who graduates from a US based college or university.
Top Recruitment Firms
Post completing MBA programs at Kellogg School of Management there are a number of job types available for the candidates. It also depends on the academic performance and the skills acquired by aspirants during the course:
- Goldman Sachs
- McKinsey & Company
- JP Morgan
- The Boston Consulting Group
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- Google, etc.
Job Profiles & Salary
Kellogg careers can land you in various job types with its average salary range. Listed below are some of them, according to payscale:
|Job Roles||Average Salary Ranges (INR)||Average Salary Range|
|Managing Director||73 Lacs – 1.45 Cr||101k – 199k USD|
|Management Consultant||70 Lacs – 1.21 Cr||96k – 167k USD|
|Director of Operations||63 Lacs – 14.6 Cr||87k – 200k USD|
|Chief Executive Officer||10.65 Cr – 25.4 Cr||146k – 348k USD|
|Senior Product Manager||74.4 Cr – 11.2 Cr||102k – 154k USD|
Student Body and Alumni
MBA graduates who have established Kellogg careers and success as a direct output of Kellog programs provide immense support to current students. Some of the notable alumni of the institute are:
- Kushagra Bajaj (CEO, Bajaj Hindusthan)
- Thomas J. Wilson (CEO, Allstate Corporation)
- Mallika Chopra (President, Intent)
- Christopher Galvin (Former CEO, Motorola)
- Philip Kotler, Ali Babacan (Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey), Dale T. Mortensen (Awardee of Nobel Prize in Economics) are some of the Notable Faculty of Kellogg School of Management.
- Kellogg has a global alumni network of over 55,000 professionals, innovators, entrepreneurs, and experts across varied industries and countries.
- The college has more than 65 active regional alumni clubs and over 25 special interest clubs.
- Beyond Classrooms: Kellogg has over 100 academic and social clubs for students to choose from. Students also get the opportunity to involve themselves in more than a dozen research centers.
- Study Abroad: Kellogg ensures that each of its students gets global exposure. It gives them the opportunity to study abroad in their second year on six continents. This is done in order to gain knowledge and skills from a different angle and network with students from different cultures.
- Kellogg Careers: Kellogg offers a wide range of career management services to students and alumni including counseling, on-campus recruiting, networking resources, career coaching, resume and interview preparation, career development series etc.
Kellogg School of Management is known as the first business school in the world to begin interviewing student applicants to assess their leadership potential and suitability.
The average GMAT score for Kellogg’s incoming class of 2022 is 727, with a GMAT range of 640 – 770.
Work experience adds value for admission to Kellogg School of Management. Though, it is not a requirement for admission.
Yes, interviews are being conducted at Kellogg School of Management to understand the applicant’s communication skills and personalities.