By being one of Europe’s most stunning nations with its special position in the British Isles, Ireland has established a name for itself. The nation is deeply embedded in a long history that carries with it generations of cultural roots. The education in Ireland is also of a very high standard with a variety of universities to choose from. In this blog, we cover cheap universities in Ireland.
This Blog Includes:
Why is Ireland a Good Place to Study?
There are a variety of reasons why Ireland is a good country to study in apart from the fact that there are a plethora of cheap universities in Ireland. They are mentioned below.
- It is interesting to consider that the school sector is one of the key contributors to Ireland’s improved economy over the last few decades.
- It is not surprising that academics and the higher education institutions in the country are ranked among the best in the world. In the IMD World Competitiveness, the curriculum of Ireland has been rated 20th.
- In comparison, about 7 Irish universities are ranked in the world’s top 100 universities.
- Programs delivered by organizations are rich, diverse and have excellent international performance expectations. In Irish universities, areas of research such as social sciences, economics, electronics and the classics are at the forefront.
Cheap Universities in Ireland: Benefits for International Students
There are many benefits for international students who choose to study in Ireland. They are mentioned below for your reference.
- A real condo in Ireland will be for aspiring foreign students with an affinity for nature, oral traditions, cultural values and literature.
- Several foreign links pass via the city of Dublin, with its special position in Europe, making other areas of Europe readily open to scholars.
- Officially, Ireland has about 9 main government-operated universities. Studying here is suitable for foreign students as there is a long list of cheap university in Ireland.
- There are several good universities, campuses and institutions of higher learning.
- International branches that are partially based in Ireland have also been developed by overseas universities.
Explore: Cost of Studying in Ireland
Cheap Universities in Ireland: Application Procedure
The application procedure for international students in cheap universities of Ireland are mentioned below for your reference.
- As for universities in the country, simple criteria applies. Students should, before registering, be eighteen years of age.
- Entry specifications are far less rigorous and therefore not overly competitive.
- Learners need to show their expertise through exams such as TOEFL or IELTS since English is the predominant medium of education in all colleges.
- Studying in Ireland is not as costly as studying in places like the United Kingdom.
- In terms of living costs, prospective students, depending on the venue as well as the student criteria, can expect to pay from EUR 600 to 1000 a month (INR 53,977 to INR 89, 962).
Must Read: Study in Europe
Top 5 Affordable Universities
There are a host of cheap universities in Ireland. They are mentioned below for your reference.
- University of Limerick
- University College Cork
- Dublin Business School
- Griffith College Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
Also Read: Study at the University College Dublin
Let us discuss these universities in detail.
University of Limerick
The university of Limerick is one of the most popular cheap universities in Ireland.
- The tuition fees of this university is approximately EUR 1200 (INR 1,07,974).
- The university has a student population of over 16,000. Of these, more than 2400 learners come from more than 100 countries around the world. Educationally, the university consists of four key research departments, namely technology & engineering, culture, social sciences, education, medical sciences, and the Kemmy Business School.
- Collectively, postgraduate and undergraduate students are equipped with more than 100 degrees of study.
- It is one of the nation’s first colleges to launch a student co-op job placement scheme. The school community is now overseen by the influential Students Union of the University, which also provides more than 70 social clubs for the advantage of students.
- With its outstanding educational potential, the university has consistently been ranked among many of the world’s 500 universities (based on the QS rankings) as well as among the top 80 campuses under the age of 50.
Must Read: Student Life in Ireland
University College Cork
Next on our list of cheap universities in Ireland, we have University College Cork.
- The tuition fees for this university begins at approximately EUR 10,000 (INR 8,99,536).
- The university now has a student body spanning 20,000 and is one of the country’s biggest universities and colleges based on student college enrollment.
- It does have a very large student population of about 2500 in total worldwide.
- The university’s institutional profile covers many universities, including the Faculty of Nursing and Wellness, Arts, Architecture, Trade & Legislation, and Celtic Studies & Liberal Arts.
- The UCC’s student group is also one of the most involved forms in the world, offering students at this inexpensive campus in Ireland and over 100 fraternities and sororities.
- Therefore, students are guaranteed to have, parallel to their examinations, a well-rounded experience.
- With its strong educational quality, it is not unusual that the academy has been ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world, as well as among the top 500 universities based on the rankings of QS and Times Higher Education.
Also Read: Top Colleges in Ireland
Dublin Business School
The Dublin business school is another popular choice for international students to study in Ireland.
- The tuition fees for this university is approximately EUR 5000 (INR 4,49,821).
- The Dublin Business School, which was first founded in 1975, is a commercial higher education institution. Originally known as the Accountancy and Business College, this organization was formed to meet the demands of offering more trade-based education which seemed to be insufficient at the time in Ireland.
- Originally, the Dublin Business School used to hold strict nightly classes for students preparing for technical accounting body exams, but since then it has grown to become one of the world’s largest collectors.
- The Dublin Business School presently has more than 9,000 incoming students in a variety of programmes, from full-time to part-time bachelor of education programmes.
- In specific, they are in the areas of law, economy, taxation, IT, leadership and neuroscience, crafts and film studies.
Must Read: How to Get into Dublin Business School?
Griffith College Dublin
Situated in the regional capital of Dublin, Griffith College is a private higher education institution. It is one of the cheap universities in Ireland.
- The tuition fees here begins at EUR 12,000 (INR 10,79,194).
- Situated in the regional capital of Dublin, Griffith College is a private higher education institution.
- It is one of the largest and most influential private colleges set up in the world.
- Established in 1974, the university was founded to provide its future students with economics and business instruction.
- Since then, it has developed into a globally respected company that offers curriculum in more fields than industry.
- Today, Griffith College has a school population of over 7,000 learners and educators.
- The academic profile of the college is composed of a variety of faculty, ranging from business and economics to medical research and architecture.
- Students have access to a number of separate research courses.
- The School of Professional Accountancy is particularly renowned as it offers accredited courses under the credentials of ACCA and CPA.
Explore: Universities in Dublin
Trinity College Dublin
For its scholarly and scientific accomplishments, this history of Trinity College Dublin gives the institution a long-standing prestige. It is on our list of cheap universities in Ireland.
- The fees for tuition begins at EUR 17,000 (INR 15,28,834).
- A fascinating fact about the roots of the university is that the University of Dublin planned to create a scholastic university comparable to the universities of Oxbridge, but Trinity College was the only one to be established. Currently, over 15,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students are studying at this cheap university in Ireland.
- The university’s curriculum profile includes three primary faculties, with further 25 schools within these representing a variety of research disciplines.
- However, it also offers reasonably competitive tuition rates for potential foreign students, as well as plenty of scholarship opportunities.
Also Read: Trinity College Dublin Notable Alumni
Therefore we come to the end of our blog. This was all about the cheap universities in Ireland. If you have any queries or doubts related to the application process, then reach out to Leverage Edu experts. Sign up for a free session today.