Conducted by the National Board of Examination, National Eligibility Entrance Test- Super Specialty (NEET SS) is a national-level examination through which candidates can get admission into programs like DM/ MCh degree across top medical colleges in India in order to attain quality education. Being the only designated exam in the country to pursue the aforementioned courses as per the Medical Council of India, every year, a colossal number of students appear for the NEET SS exam in order to achieve their career aspirations. If you have completed your postgraduation in the field of medicine and want to add a feather in your hat by pursuing revered courses like DM/ M.Ch, the NEET SS exam can be your ultimate gateway! Here is a blog that will highlight the important details of it.
|Name of the examination||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Super Specialty i.e. NEET SS|
|Conducting authority||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Level of the examination||National|
|Qualifying criteria for NEET SS||50th percentile|
|Authorities responsible for seat allotment||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|Courses offered||DM/ MCh|
This Blog Includes:
NEET SS 2023 Important Dates
|NEET-SS 2022 online registration starts from||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date to fill online application||3rd week of May 2023|
|Application form Correction Window||4th week of May 2023|
|Last date of application form correction||1st week of June 2023|
|Release of Admit Cards||2nd week of June 2023|
|NEET-SS 2022 Exam Date||June 18 – June 19, 2023|
|Declaration of Result||4th week of July 2023|
|Commencement of Counseling for Admission||1st week of August 2023|
Eligibility Criteria of NEET SS 2023
Be it NEET or other medical entrance exams, before starting with the registration process, it is important to check the entry requisites to be sure of your eligibility. Applicants must keep in mind that it is essential to fulfilling all the entry requisites, otherwise, official authorities possess the power to cancel the candidature of the applicants. The following are the prerequisites for this exam:
- Those who possess a postgraduate degree like Doctor of Medicine/MS/DNB/ Provisional Pass Certificate from a recognized institution are eligible to apply.
- The candidates willing to appear in the NEET SS 2023 exam and are pursuing or waiting for the results of the courses like MS/MD/DNB etc are also eligible to appear for the exam.
- It is compulsory for the applicants to present documentary proof validating their registration with MCI/ State Medical Council on the day of the examination.
- Foreign national candidates can appear for the exam without registering with MCI only if they have been registered by the competent authority of their country.
Note: The above-mentioned requisites are in brief, to have a detailed look at the eligibility criteria, visit the official website.
For international students:
Candidates must hold a postgraduate degree from an accredited institution, or its equivalent.
Students in their final year may also apply for NEET-SS 2023.
International students do not need to register with the Medical Council as long as their home country’s registration is still active. If they haven’t registered, MCI will provide them a temporary registration number that is good for the whole course.
Check out MD Homeopathy
Syllabus for NEET SS
NEET SS exam is divided into two sections, A and B. The type of questions asked are PG Next level.
Paper A of the Question Paper
- Part A of the paper is an MCQ based question for the eligible feeder broad speciality course
- If you have opted for a single feeder broad speciality course for super speciality, Part A will include questions only from one broad speciality.
- Part A will include questions from all the eligible feeder broad speciality courses
- The cardiology question paper will include three feeders broad speciality course i.e. General Medicine, Pediatrics & Respiratory Medicine.
- It includes 60 questions from the concerned super-speciality
- The questions will include topics of PG Exit Level from clinical practice and basic sciences
Also Read: MSc in Medicine
NEET SS Exam Application Process
The registration process for the NEET SS exam is completely online, no offline applications will be accepted by the authorities. Make sure you have thoroughly gone through the eligibility criteria. To make your application process easier, below-mentioned are some helpful steps:
- Log in to the official website and register
- Fill in the details and carefully check them
- Applicants must keep in mind that they are allowed to choose only 2 super speciality courses while filling up the form
- Upload the scanned signature and photograph only according to the specifications mentioned
- Wisely select your test centre
- The final step in the application process is to pay the fee
- The application fee for NEET SS 2023 is Rs. 3750 for all categories, which can be paid online using credit/debit cards and net banking.
- Applications cost 4250 when all fees are added in.
- The application fees can be paid both online and offline using SBI Challan or demand draught, as well as internet banking, debit/credit cards, UPI, and other methods.
Application form correction
After the application form’s final submission date, a correction window will be open. Candidates can use this link to edit any errors they may have made when filling out the online application. By following the steps listed below, you can amend your application form.
- Visit the official website nbe.edu.in/
- Click on the NEET SS Application Correction link 2023
- Go for login by entering the required credentials
- Edit your application form and check all the details carefully
- Submit your edited application form
Note: Editing basic details like (name, parents’ name, email id, nationality, Exam city) using this link is not allowed.
Candidates who successfully complete the application processes will be able to download their NEET SS 2023 admit card from the NBE’s official website. The admit card can be downloaded before the exam date. The following details would be mentioned on the admit card of the NEET SS 2023 exam:
- Candidate name
- Roll number
- Application number
- Examination centre details
- Chosen Specialty
- Post-graduate qualification
- NEET SS 2023 examination date
- Timing of reporting at the examination centre
- Timing of exam
Aspirants must download the admit card and paste their self-attested recent passport size photos in the designated space. Aspirants must also bring a hard copy of their admit card to the exam. Candidates who do not have an admit card will be unable to take the NEET SS 2023 entrance exam.
NEET SS 2023 Exam Centers
NEET SS 2023 Exam Pattern
Examining the format of the paper will help you identify your strong and weak areas and will thus help you qualify for one of the toughest competitive exams with flying colours. Observing the yearly trends of the NEET SS exam, 40% of the questions will be from all the eligible feeder broad speciality whereas the other 60% of the questions will be from the chosen super speciality course.
- For each of the super-specialty chosen by you, there will be a separate question paper. On average, there will be 100 questions in the examination, bifurcated into 2 parts i.e., Part A and Part B.
- The duration of the first exam is 1 hour 45 minutes while for the super-specialty exam, 3 hours 30 minutes will be given.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be allotted and 1 mark will be deducted in the case of an incorrect answer.
Let us take a quick look at some essential details of the exam format:
|Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Number of Questions||100|
|The medium of the NEET SS Exam||English|
|Duration for Paper 1||1 hour 45 minutes|
|Duration for 2 NEET SS Paper||3 hours 30 minutes|
|NEET SS 2023 marking scheme||4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.1 mark will be deducted for one wrong attempt.|
Also Read: MD in USA
NBE plans to conduct a mock test for exams in 2023 on its official website. The main motive of this is to make sure that the students who take NEET SS exam are familiar with the structure and functioning of the exam. We strongly advise students to take this NEET SS Exam.
NEET Scorecard will be released along with the result in online mode. Students will be able to access NEET SS Scorecard through the applicant portal. The NEET Scorecard will be available through your User ID and Password. Cross-check the details mentioned in your scorecard and download it for further usage.
NEET SS Counselling is conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). To participate in the counseling, qualified candidates have to register themselves for each round separately and fill your choice of courses. Only after you have completed the counseling and paid fees that you can apply for counseling.
Also Read: MD vs MBBS
NEET SS 2023 Exam Centres
The official authorities have set down a couple of exam centres in the country through which aspirants from every nook and corner of the country can take part in this prestigious examination. Tabulated below are some of the main NEET SS exam centres and cities.
How to Prepare
In order to prepare for the exam, you need to have a proper study plan and follow these:
- Understand the Exam Pattern
- Identify your Strengths and Weaknesses
- Create a Top-notch Timetable
- Begin with NCERT Books
- Practice, Practice and Practice!
- Solve Full-length Mock Papers
To enroll in an MCh degree, you need to clear the NEET-SS exam which is conducted by the National Board of Examination.
No. There is no reservation system followed in the NEET SS exam.
All excepting AIIMS, JIPMER, NIMHANS, PGIMER, etc.
Thus, we hope that this blog about the NEET SS exam has equipped you with the intricacies regarding how to proceed with it. If you want to kick start your career in the field of medicine but are unsure of which university to study in then reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who will not only help you find the college most suitable for you but will also help with the application process!