NEET is the most important examination for those dreaming of a career in the healthcare industry. Most students who are preparing for NEET find the physics section the most challenging. Preparing for physics requires a lot of effort, patience and problem-solving abilities. The physics portion of the NEET examination consists of numerous numerical sums and theoretical concepts associated with different topics. The NEET exam consists of physics questions from class 11th and 12th in equal weightage. 45 questions are asked in the physics section in total, which equals to 180 marks in the paper. Hence, scoring good marks in the physics section of the NEET exam is necessary to get a good total overall score for admission to medical courses. Understanding that the exam syllabus can be vast and challenging here is a guide on how to study physics for NEET.
Also Read: NEET Eligibility (2020 Edition)
How to Study Physics for NEET- Topics and Their Weightage
Before we step into how to study physics for NEET, let us look at the main physics topics for the examination.
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- SHM and Waves
All of these topics are further subdivided into numerous other chapters. Before moving forward on how to study physics for NEET, let us look at the weightage of all the main topics:
|Heat and thermodynamics||9%|
|SHM and Waves||7%|
How to study Physics for NEET- Tips
- Firstly, be aware of all the topics that constitute the physics section of the examination. Check the official site for NEET medical examination for accurate syllabus. Also check the marking scheme of each topic and be prepared accordingly.
- Be very clear about your basic concepts. Physics problems may appear difficult because of the tricky concepts. This is one of the most important tips on how to prepare physics for NEET.
- Constantly revising the formulas is a better way to go about memorising the numerous complex formulas of physics.
- Keep solving the sample papers as well as previous year question papers. This is a great way of increasing accuracy and speed. This will also familiarise you with the pattern and the types of questions that will be asked in the NEET entrance exam.
- Practice the online mock tests. Practising through sample tests will help you in building your speed and accuracy. With each score displayed to you, you know which areas you need to work on.Once your weak areas are identified, work hard on them.
These are some of the few tips on how to study physics for NEET. If these tips are followed from the beginning of your NEET examination preparation, the process of preparing will become easy for you. Here are also some last minute study tips that might help you:
- Keep practising and revising
- Do not try to learn new topics.
- Stay healthy and positive
- In case you feel overburdened by the vastness of the syllabus,stick to the NCERT books for reference.
Even with all the tips on how to study Physics for NEET, it is normal to be apprehensive about examinations. It is also natural to have doubts about whether a specific field is right for your strengths, if you also have doubts regarding the field to pursue, the experts at Leverage Edu can help you come to a decision that is best-suited for you.