Before applying for any examination especially one like NEET, it is important to analyze the eligibility criteria. We understand that the process of admission is extremely important but exhaustive if you do not possess the required information. But you don’t need to exhaust yourself as you will find all the information that is important for NEET eligibility criteria right here.
If you planning on appearing for the NEET entrance exam, it is important that you meet every aspect mentioned in NEET Eligibility criteria. The guidelines and the conditions mentioned in the NEET Eligibility Criteria provide you with all the relevant information about the qualifying exam this includes the number of attempts a candidate can take, personal and general information, etc.
GENERAL NEET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
There are a number of indispensable eligibility criteria that are basic to the examination, these include-
- You must be an Indian National, an Overseas Citizen of India or a Non-Resident Indian (NRI )to appear in the NEET examination.
- You must possess an Aadhar card unless you belong to Assam, Meghalaya, or Jammu and Kashmir.
- You must be 17 years of age or more to meet the age requirement to qualify for the NEET examination. While there is a minimum age criterion there is no maximum age limit for being eligible for NEET.
- You can appear for the examination even if you’ve graduated from an open school.
- You need to have completed your class 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized school of a recognized board of education. If you are appearing for your 12th-grade examination, you will still be eligible for the NEET examination.
QUALIFYING MARKS FOR NEET ELIGIBILITY
While there is no limitation to the number of attempts you can take for the NEET examination. You must possess certain qualifying marks in your academic pursuit to be eligible for the NEET examination. These include-
- As per NEET Eligibility, you should have passed in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology individually to appear for the examination.
- If you are from an unreserved category you require a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to meet NEET Eligibility criteria.
- If you are from the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes you must have at least 40% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology to be eligible for the examination.
- If you are a candidate with disabilities you need to secure 40% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to appear for the examination.
SPECIFIC NEET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- NEET Eligibility- Criteria for NRI/Foreign Candidates
If you are an NRI/foreign candidate you need to pass 12 in physics, chemistry, and biology to meet NEET Eligibility. You must pass theory as well as practicals to qualify for the examination. Clearing an English fluency test is also a criterion for NEET Eligibility.
- NEET Eligibility- Criteria for Total Number of Attempts
Earlier, there was a restriction on the number of attempts by candidates to appear for NEET examination. After the revision of the program by NTA, NEET Eligibility you can now appear for the examination more than once. This criterion applies to all the candidates applying from different aspects and areas.
- NEET Eligibility- Criteria for 15% Seat Quota
Medical Council of India allows 15% quota seats to candidates from all states of India, applicable in universities across India. However, if you are from Jammu and Kashmir you will not be eligible for this quota. You will have to provide a self-declaration form along with your NEET application to be eligible for this facility.
- NEET Eligibility – Criteria for State Quota Facility
Different states/union territories have 85% seat quota in their respective government universities. Counseling for such programs is conducted by their respective government universities. Admission in these private medical and dental colleges are also implied by the NEET Eligibility, criteria for state quota facility and come under their respective state/union territory.
We know it’s not easy to prepare for NEET and take the process without stress and pressure.
That is why we are here to help you in this journey. At Leverage Edu, we ensure that you get all the information and resources necessary as well as guidance from the best in the industry for a soaring career.